Author Topic: Support for dropping the nap part 12  (Read 229764 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Support for dropping the nap part 12
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2015, 07:43:27 am »
She's staying at grandparents house tonight so not sure they'll do an EBT so will try a longer nap today and back to 30mins tom.
Lauren

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2015, 09:28:58 am »
Yeah I'd do the same as my mum and dad can never get DS to bed on time lol xx
Zoe

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2015, 12:43:02 pm »

LLJ hope you get a good night after that nap  ;) x
x

We didn't really  :-\ Not too bad but a shorter night than usual so we obviously just can't get away with long naps any more. I'm trying an hour today to see if that works.  He'll only get half an hour tomorrow so we'll see what works best!  Just when I thought I knew where we were with 30 minute naps.... My LSN boy is sleeping more than his average sleep needs sister did at this age right now. This is weird....!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:44:38 pm by LovelyLilyandJack »

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2015, 12:52:27 pm »
LL&J - I think there is a developmental leap at 2yo...maybe he is out of that leap and needs a little more sleep to recover?

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2015, 21:01:23 pm »
Actually I think you could be right.  He's had a big language leap which is just coming out the last few days.  I'll enjoy the sleep while it lasts then!

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2015, 07:10:24 am »
We had our first NND yesterday and it went quite well  :)

She was refusing her nap still at 1.30 and then grandparents turned up so I knew we had no chance after that. She was entertained all day by my dad in the garden which really helped. Started to flag about 4.30 but an early dinner helped keep her going that little bit longer.

She was asleep at 5.45 though!!!! but think that's pretty standard for the beginning isn't it? So our day looked like this

Wu 6.10
BT 5.45

Wu 5.30 today. Almost a 12 hour night with only one very brief NW at 9.30

Obviously an earlier start today which isn't great but can't complain of an almost 12hr night. Hopefully today she'll take a nap.
Lauren

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2015, 18:43:42 pm »
Glad to hear your first nnd went well Lauren. I expect we'll see you a lot more on this thread from now on.

I'm really needing this thread tonight. The period of lots of sleep has finished and we're back to nnds and short naps.  We've started getting nap refusal now too - it's started quite suddenly and he's doing it roughly every other day.  Today he refused his nap but I AP'd in the car cos we were out this afternoon, I thought we might end up with either a late nap in the car, or find it difficult to do an EBT if I didn't.  I'm paying for it now with a very angry boy, refusing BT.  Lily used to do that too  - APing after nap refusal was always a bad idea. Looks like jack is the same. I bet we get an EW tomorrow as well ::)

Offline TB9

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2015, 00:18:06 am »
DD2 is *acting* like she needs more sleep right now but I dont think she does...she's just so grumpy!  She has no molars yet, so I suspect that is whats going on  :-\  She had 3 no nap days in a row this week, then needed a nap every other day so far.

Glad your first nnd went well Lauren!

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2015, 05:05:09 am »
Hugs for the molars, tink.  I hope they don't cause too much trouble for too long.

We had BT resistance last night after a nap yesterday.  I wasn't surprised  - he didn't look the slightest bit tired before bed and was in full on play mode. Short night too  - about 10 hours.  Time to force some more nnds I think.... The only thing I'm vaguely considering otherwise is whether any of it is SA since he cried at nursery drop off yesterday, which is very unusual. Might ask nursery not to let him nap today and see if it makes a difference tonight.

Offline TB9

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2015, 13:12:29 pm »
DD2 slept in yesterday so she had a nnd.  She was so mean by the end of the day!  And a grumpy grump  :(  one nw too, grrrrr  All part of the process I suppose...

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2015, 17:34:57 pm »
Yes, I guess so! It's tough when they're grumpy though.

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2015, 19:01:18 pm »
Ugh it's been downhill since her NND. She accidentally had too long a nap on Sunday in the car on way to relatives which has led to short nights and EW and then wanting longer nap next day and so we've been stuck in that viscious cycle.
Will have to make sure cm is strict with how long she has tomorrow as I can't be dealing with 8pm bed and 5.30 wu for too long!
Lauren

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2015, 20:41:38 pm »
LL&J!! Looks like we are at it again! We are always following right behind you and Jack. This 1-0 business has been rough. I looked over a few of your posts and we are the same. Some NNDs and some 2 hours. Some EW and some NW- be them OT or UT!  ::)

I just want to let you know I'll be following along and see what you ladies do and I'll try the same. TBH I am ready for these naps to be gone and go for 12 hour nights again...

Xxxx

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2015, 21:36:47 pm »
Well hello mandy, we meet again!  ;) I'm over all this as well tbh. I alternate between thinking we could drop the nap cold turkey since J will only nap 35 minutes if we don't cap now, and thinking he does better with a nap and later BT.  Wake up is generally ok though, so I'm trying to enjoy the flexibility we have at the moment over BT and getting out. Would prefer just to be done though  :)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2015, 00:33:24 am »
Good wake ups will help in keeping you sane ;) I wish I could say the same was the case here! One in every 3 days is normal with a 1.5hr nap. The rest I'm capping or not or he is completely refusing them! I just wish they could choose to NN on the days we actually want to be out and about and to nap on the days we are at home :)

I've gotten to where I have set nap at 1 and BT at 8 and I let him rest during that whole 1.5 hour nap (wether he's awake or not) and keep BT at 8pm for nap days and pull back an hour to 7:00pm on NND.

What do you guys do?