Author Topic: Same nap time when lo wakes late in morning?  (Read 8941 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: Same nap time when lo wakes late in morning?
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2015, 12:38:35 pm »
I let him sleep from 2-3:30 in order to hopefully nix the ot then be went into crib at 8 and was asleep by 830 and I woke him this morning at 730. If it's a nnd be will go to bed at 630. The late nap is tricky.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2015, 12:40:56 pm »
How long is your los day with nap? What time is there nap in order to get them in bed by 7?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2015, 12:45:20 pm »
DD used to do a 6.30ish WU with 7/7.15pm BT, though would sometimes take a few mins to drop off.  Longer than that was unusual and meant she was probably UT.  She'd usually nap something like 1.30-2.45 or 2-3 or 2.30-3.15ish just depended when she fell asleep but if it was later I'd cap nap shorter.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2015, 13:07:06 pm »
We have a 13 or 13.5 hr day with a nap (45 min) and on sat/sun (first nnd's at home) she had I think an 11.5 hr day. But then she needed a nap monday at daycare which resulted in an ew today...so it is just a case of rolling with it here between nap and nnd's until we can fully drop it. I am going to be working on establishing some quiet time in the crib this week to see if that will fly - she did that sunday but with me in the room so kind of defeats the purpose of a break for me ;)
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2015, 13:59:09 pm »
So the longest the nap is is 45 mins. For now on days that he does nap I've been just letting him sleep 1.5 hrs not letting him sleep past 3/330 so his day is about 13 hrs 730-8/830 and 11 hrs no nap 730-630. I'm not sure what time to put him in crib as he never goes down willingly anymore. I just the later it is the better the chance that he will fall asleep.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2015, 17:52:57 pm »
Did the same thing as yesterday. Quiet time in crib left room door open but today he's not falling asleep just crying calling me. How can he go from napping every day to once a week overnight ?! This just doesn't seem right.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2015, 18:28:27 pm »
Ok now he's asleep. Fell asleep at 2:15 after being in crib from 140 and me doing wiwo! Geeze this is a lot of work and then to cap the nap anyway I'm not sure it's worth the effort! Ebt might just be the way to go! Should I wake him at 3 a 45 min nap or let him go to 330 and regular bedtime at 8?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2015, 19:16:21 pm »
He woke in his own at 3 after 45 mins hysterical and it's taking him some time to wake up and be happy. Maybe ut?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:27 am »
Probably not hun ;) as I keep saying he is very young for frequent NNDs or short nap days, having never really been LSN in the past as far as I'm aware?

I know it's frustrating but make your plan and stick with it. Whether or not he sleeps is his decision xx

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2015, 11:31:48 am »
Everyone I talk to is like oh he's done with naps just deal with it. But he's not even 2 yet?! So frustrating. Is there anything else I can do to get a nap? Being that he won't sleep in car or stroller. I've been waiting until 145 to put him in crib hoping that the later it is the better chance I have of him falling asleep but it's not working. I now sit in the chair in his room as to avoid the crying hysterical when I leave the room but now he just stands in his crib talking to me. This is a child who always went down awake for nap. Not that be ever was a long napper. Is it just possible that he's done with the naps? Sleeping 12-13 hours a night? It's almost not worth the effort and stress and time down trying to get him down for a nap.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2015, 11:50:37 am »
Do you think he might have a second wind by 1.45?  Have you given the early nap a go?  Say at 11.30/12?  He may go for it after some NNDs, he's got to be tired even if it doesn't seem that way.  Does he show any signs of tiredness/cues at all in the morning?  What about working on some independent play skills in his crib, does he ever spend time in there when he's not sleeping?  What about a few toys in there to encourage quiet time if not sleeping? 

Look this is your call in the end.  My personal feeling is no naps will fall apart pretty quickly.  But you know him best :)

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2015, 14:00:08 pm »
I agree with Katherine, it is very young and probably just a phase he is going through. I would so try the early nap rather than the late one. This is one of those things you can only offer, it is his decision in the end - same with eating and toileting - totally under the child's control. You set the stage, they either will or they won't. Does he have any toys he likes in particular? I would maybe make them disappear and only come out for "rest" time and work on being in the crib at other times awake to play. My DD has a few books, dolls and small doll blankets as that is what she is into - they live at the end of the crib and in the morning she will happily play for 30-45 min if she wakes early - this has taken over a year of practice though!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2015, 19:30:19 pm »
I never thought of earlier nap! I used to do lunch at 12/1230 nap at 1230/1 but since he was refusing I was thinking he needed more A time hence the later naps. No he shows no tired signs really ever though even at night. Today we were out in pool outside playing all morning thought for sure he would nap in car on way home at 2pm but he didn't. Guess he will be in bed for 630! Could it be a phase and he will go back to napping really? So I should keep doing the wiwo or sitting in chair in his room for 45 mins through crying and calling for me? Ugh. He does like his crib and goest I sleep fine at night. He has some friends in there but doesn't go in unless it's bedtime. I've tried the quiet time in crib gave him some books etc but he just stands there talking to me or calling me.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2015, 10:40:51 am »
He's been doing a 13 hr night in nnds but now I'm also getting a shorter night. Yesterday he was up at 730 no nap in bed passed out at 630 (he even cried for a minute when he went in right before passing out he was so tired) but this morning he's been up since around 6:15? I'm thinking of doing earlier nap today around 1230/1?

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2015, 13:36:14 pm »
I would go even earlier...he may have a lot of accumulated OT from these nnd's. He has always been pretty average in his sleep needs up to now right? I would maybe try 11:30/12...you will find out quick if he will go down or not and can always try again later if it is a bust.
Heidi