Author Topic: 1-0 no idea need help  (Read 34750 times)

Offline Straffles

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2014, 05:00:51 am »
Thank you kaipooi he slept.

Now I just need to know what to do tomorrow and the next day how on earth to get to no nap.

X

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 1-0 no idea need help
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2014, 06:50:51 am »
Same plan each day hun, regardless of WU and night length. There's no rush to get to no nap x

Offline Straffles

« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2014, 07:00:26 am »
Even with these naps giving such short nights Jessmum?

Isn't he saying hey mum naps are no good for me any more?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2014, 09:01:09 am »
Hun they are giving you some short nights yes, but he also did a lovely long night just a night or two ago.  Short nights can be overtired as much as they are undertired/needing to cut the nap.  He *might* be ready to drop it but I (we) do think that you'd need to see a consistent pattern of long night/good day followed by resistance and short nights to suspect that with more certainty.  At this age you can't analyse things on a day by day basis, it just doesn't work.  How many times has that pattern occurred in the last 2-3 weeks say?

Please do remember that what we suggest is only advice, not the rules or a magic cure.  You are the only one who can see what is happening there and if you want to do something different that is totally fine :-*.

Offline Straffles

« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:46 am »
I think it's happened consistently four times since we went to the 45 min nap 10 days ago.

What I am really afraid of is two short nights in a row. Could this happen and if it does, will he be able to cope with a normal nap day tomorrow or do Los generally catch up them go short catch up then go short. Very nervous about tonight as he has gone into a new very different sleeping bag and found it very exciting.

We tried it a while back and that was the 8hr45 night...But he asked for it tonight so I gave it to him.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2014, 13:16:03 pm »
Can I just say your avatar picture is super-cute ;D

Yes, two short nights in a row could happen.  I think you have had it happen before?  Some variation in night length is to be expected, I know Benji seems to be taking it to some extremes at the moment but that may be that he hasn't quite settled into the routine yet.

Just as an example of what I mean (not telling you to do this) when J first dropped her nap properly she would fluctuate wildly in her night length from around 10h45 to nearly 13h.  We had a set BT so often a long night meant the next day was short, so she wasn't as tired and did a shorter night, so then next day was longer again....over time though it has evened out and the UT/OT swings have become less. 

I hope he's enjoyed his new sleeping bag :).

Offline Straffles

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2014, 17:07:16 pm »
Thank you, he is super cute!

No I haven't had two short nights in a row. Those 9-10 hr ones are always separated by one or two longer ones. I don't know what it all means.

I think the new sleeping bag will stop him re settling at his habitual ew.

I think that two short nights in a row means the 45mib routine is no good. How long do I wait and how do I know it's wrong for him if looping short and longer nights is not the sign?

XxxX

Offline Straffles

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2014, 17:16:41 pm »
Now I think of it, I've always changed things when there's been 2-3 significantly short nights in a row, usually then bt is later too but not always.

This time my concern is that I don't know HOW to change things. In the old days it was pushing nap later or whatever. Now it's not easy to know.

Bec has suggested alternating nap nnds and given a sample routine but I have so many wuestikns I don't see how you'd do it with variable wus, how to decide on bts, when to do Nd or nnd etc. :((

If he now does a second short night in a row isn't it time to look at changing things as you guys suggested? Will you be able to help?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2014, 19:13:15 pm »
We will definitely be here to help :).

Just so we all know what alternative you are considering, would you mind roughly telling us what the (suggested) plan would be for alternating nap days and NNDs?  And please feel free to post your questions about it here of course.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2014, 20:41:52 pm »
Pretty usual sort of thing, Katherine, something like this as an ideal:
6:30 WU
5:30 BT
5:30 WU
Nap (open to suggestions re: whether to cap, I would suggest yes, cap at length of current nap)
7:30/8 BT
6:30 WU

Obviously real life doesn't. Look exactly like this but I think as a skeleton plan, it works.

WDYT? Obviously this could be shifted later/earlier depending on preference for WU/BT window but it will be highly variable through this bit of the transition is the main point of difference from the routines Benji's had before.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2014, 20:50:39 pm »
Brill, thanks Bec for updating :-* just didn't want to make any assumptions or give any confusing advice though was sure you'd have come up with a great plan :D

Straffles - let us know your thoughts, I really hope we can together come up with a plan that you feel confident with x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2014, 21:07:27 pm »
Stopping by with a hug and hand holding x

Offline Straffles

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2014, 10:29:59 am »
I'm so grateful for all this support.

We will have to talk about the possibilty of the alternating nap days and nnds. Will get my questions out carefully. For now though, I'm going to sleep.

Benji's details the last six days:

Sun: WU (5.45) 6.20 - BT 7.15
Mon: WU (4.45) 6.20 - BT 7.15
Tues: WU (5.58) 6.20 - BT 7.25
Weds: WU 6.45 - BT 7.40
Thurs: WU (4.54) 6.20 - BT 7.10
Fri: WU 6.05 - BT 6.50!

So he just went to sleep at 6.50 tonight. Unheard of! Not sure what's going on but he obviously needs to sleep 11+hrs to get to 6am...

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2014, 12:55:51 pm »
Hope you've had a good rest yourself xx

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496