Author Topic: 1-0 no idea need help  (Read 34623 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 1-0 no idea need help
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2014, 09:12:10 am »
I've set up the glo clock and he understands it.
Wow you got your hands on that quickly! :)
What time have you set it at?  The key is to promote success, so he doesn't have to wait long, to respond to him verbally or go in to wait with him if he struggles.

WRT your partner saying 6pm is too early, ignore if possible.  Mine has said BT is both too early (5.30pm at times!) and too late (8pm for a long time as the routine worked at it's best on this). Just keep telling him it is not for ever.

Offline Straffles

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2014, 09:18:11 am »
Yes a lady around the corner was selling a glo-clock so I picked it up this morning :)

I've set it for 6.10am. That's really the earliest I've ever got him up - pretty much. There have been a few days I've got him up at 6, but normally I'm with him when there's an EW so I keep him resting til 6.10. Had to take a guess; hope I've got it right - he was asleep by 6.10pm so maybe not :(

Not sure what I'll say if he's wide awake before then tbh.

Re. partner: yes, I've said similar. It's only for a few weeks...We've been arguing about sleep for almost three years :(

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2014, 14:36:27 pm »
I'm sure this ground has been covered before, but is DS's room dark? You mentioned about it being light until 7.30 and again in the morning from early. Do you blackout his room to prevent him waking from the light outside?

Just a thought

Good luck and vibes for the gro clock working :)
~ Naomi ~

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2014, 15:09:57 pm »
Not sure what I'll say if he's wide awake before then tbh.
Say to DH? Just that it's not an overnight cure.

Offline Straffles

« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2014, 20:30:09 pm »
Well he slept 6.10pm-5.17am.

Presumably you'd expect a longer night if he was ready for no nap?

However, it was all in one stretch - the longest stretch of sleep he has had his whole life.

He protested that the sun was up but then accepted it and rested sort of til the sun came up. Up at 6.10 and I guess we go back to a nap day not having hot him any more sleep than normal :(

Oh, he got up and wanted to look outside to see if there was any sun outside too.

Yes room is as dark as it gets with tin foil over windows and curtains taped to the walls. Partner tells me B is not a lab rat :((

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2014, 20:43:22 pm »
Hey it's great that he accepted that it wasn't morning time yet and rested - that's got to beat screaming and carrying on and it's a great start. Maybe today you can tell him that mummy is sleeping when he sees the moon, so he needs to stay quiet in bed so mummy and daddy can sleep... when he sees the sun, then you can all get up. I know it's early days but it will defeat the purpose if you still have to get up and 'rest' with him.

Offline Straffles

« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2014, 22:22:24 pm »
I've told him but if he wakes early crying for me I will go to him.

Now I don't know where I am at all routine wise.

Nnd with an 11hr night and 5.15 wu??

That's less sleep than with a nap.

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2014, 22:36:15 pm »
Of course, all I'm saying is there needs to be an 'exit strategy', a way by which you can start to be there less and less in the mornings (whether or not he is awake).

Offline Straffles

« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2014, 05:09:13 am »
Yes Anna, definitely see that.

Guys we've done a nap day and I'm shooting for the alternating routine so put him to nap 15mins later at 2pm and will push bt later by 15 to 7.45.

But what if he does a short broken night? Can I really go to an nnd without him cracking??

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2014, 09:19:40 am »
Sounds like things are going pretty well really.
I know an 11 hr night doesn't sound great after a NND but as you say it is the longest stretch of sleep ever and I did expect much more than that when mine dropped the nap. Sometimes it takes time for the night to extend and doesn't all happen in one go.

Offline Straffles

« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2014, 20:21:10 pm »
I think we are wrong. I'm afraid he's not at all ready and we've been pushing too hard.

Meant to be going to a nnd today. Yesterday nap was at 2pm with bt pd at 7.45. He was asleep 8.06.

He woke at 12, then was awake at 4.43. Shortest night yet.

There is no way I can go to a nnd off the back of an 8.5 hr night. He's obviously ot. This can't possibly be ut from the nap. Must be a reaction to the later nap and bt? What a reaction! Benji is sensitive. The idea was to push wu later not make night shortest of his life.

I don't know how I'm going to get through today or when I should do nap and bt if they're so awful for him. I slept only 9-12 then 1.30-2.30.

What do I do?

Offline Straffles

« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2014, 20:38:44 pm »
Please someone help please.

I don't think he can tolerate the same as yesterday but at same time how can I change things up every day.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2014, 20:52:27 pm »
Hi honey.
Not sure what time of day it is there - morning?
So today I would do nap at 2pm, this really isn't far from where you were doing nap anyway (which was why I suggested later as many of your EASYs very very close to 2pm so it is not much shift), but I would prob bring BT a little earlier, back to 7.30pm. My theory is that he may be better on a slightly shorter second A time although to be honest these times are really not very different. Only yesterdays BT was anywhere near significant at 15 mins later.

Honestly, he needs to go back to sleep if he wakes at 4 something. I believe this is a NW not an EW but he doesn't know how to get back to sleep. Can you AP him to sleep? Do you feel ready to help him learn to self settle?

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2014, 20:58:15 pm »
Agree with creations, 4 something is a NW.

Offline Straffles

« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2014, 21:16:14 pm »
Yeah it's 7.13 am here.

Actually he's been falling asleep for naps before 1.50 lately. But I understand what you're saying.

I think the reason he cdnt get back to sleep at the 4.43 nw is that he's massively ot and just can't sleep. He was trying to sleep but cdnt get there, kept waking crying.

Should I continue to push him like this and cap his nap at 45?

I tried ap!!

He can self settle ...

Have you ever heard anything like this on the 1-0 or cd it be we've hot it wrong and he's just not ready?