Author Topic: Support thread for moms of picky eaters - Part 2  (Read 76062 times)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: Support thread for moms of picky eaters - Part 2
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2011, 17:07:30 pm »
Welcome Kirry, sorry you have to be here with us!  :P

The boys are continuing to do fairly well here, so no current complaints, though I know better to think that they won't go back to being picky again!  ::)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2011, 21:07:38 pm »
I'm curious to hear about how he's going to be eating at the new daycare.  She likes to cook healthy foods - yay!

He ate well on the weekend but we did end dinner prematurely last night because of his constant rocking of his seat.  Well we warned him lol

Actually scratch that - I just remembered other than pretzels he hardly ate on Saturday as we went to a BBQ lol. Then come to think of it he's now gone off breakfast.  We really don't have time to cook BUT I did find Vans waffles (thanks Karen)

Hiya Kirry - I haven't seen you in ages.  Welcome aboard!  Sorry though :-(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 21:10:57 pm by *Wendy* »
The tweaking never stops!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2011, 21:17:52 pm »
That's great with the new daycare lady Wendy, hopefully it goes well! And glad you were able to find the waffles.

Welcome Kirry, but sorry you need to be joining us.

Nicole - is your LO still eating for your DH? Martina - are the boys still doing well?

Same story here. No worse, no better.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2011, 23:17:14 pm »
Fingers crossed F eats well at the new daycare Wendy!

My boys are eating machines right now.  I don't get it!  Hardly eat a thing for WEEKS, and now they don't stop eating!  I think F had his largest dinner to date tonight - lots of chicken with balsamic sauce, about 6 or 7 cherry tomatoes, about 3 stalks of asparagus, and about 3 strips of red pepper.  T did well too at dinner, and ate a ton at lunch.  He ate all his 1/2 ham sandwich and asked for more ham afterwards, and he had his bowl of soup and asked for more soup afterwards too! 

Needless to say I am thrilled, but I know it's only a matter of time before this good eating phase passes.  ::)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Tweakster

« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2011, 23:42:16 pm »
She couldn't believe how much he ate today.  Bagel with cream cheese (entire bagel), yogurt for snack, ham & cheese toasted sandwiches with carrot sticks and celery, grapes, strawberries & banana bits for dessert, then choc chip banana muffin (she bakes!) and he even asked for more lol. So I'm guessing a lot of his refusal is behavioural here at home?!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2011, 23:50:49 pm »
Many kids eat better at daycare. They are hungry from all the activity and then the whole peer pressure thing. Plus after eating like that he can't possibly be hungry for dinner!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Tweakster

« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2011, 23:59:32 pm »
Oh well there's where you are wrong lol  He raced around like a maniac (posting on my other threads about this later) and then devoured 4 Vans mini waffles (the mini ones were all I could find, is that right?) with cinnamon (cinmamin according to Finn lol) and a dot of maple syrup on each.  Then asked for more!  Growth spurt?  Or just burned a lot of energy today?

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2011, 00:26:30 am »
lol it sounds like boys just eat more than girls?? Sounds like a growth spurt..but perhaps he did have more activity today.
*Sarah*

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2011, 00:50:49 am »
Not my boy Sarah...

LOL Wendy - hungry boy there! I buy the regular size Van's multigrain waffles. Either the square (Belgian) or the round ones. They are dairy free, which is crucial here.

Our dinner was a small amount of penne bolognese, a pouch of blueberry/pear/purple carrot and then half a toasted whole wheat bagel with EB spread.

Offline Tweakster

« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2011, 00:53:38 am »
Ah ok I found large gluten free blueberry ones for me, not sure if they have dairy or not. Will take a look.  I just grabbed what they had lol  They were on sale which was handy because they are expensive otherwise. 

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2011, 00:56:19 am »
Ah, I don't get gluten free ones, just multigrain ones that don't even say dairy free on them, but they are. And they are good! I can usually get a box of them for $3.49 each.

Offline Tweakster

« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2011, 00:57:11 am »
Yep that's the sale price I paid here!

Offline Sam-n-Max's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 29
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2011, 02:01:41 am »
Sounds like some good eating going on, ladies!

Karen - S has been so funny with eating the past few days (in a good way).  Over the weekend, he started off by eating more if the food came from DH.  Then, we were out to dinner on Saturday night and he would throw his food if either of us put it on his tray.  At the same time, we noticed that he was picking up tiny, tiny crumbs off of his tray and eating them..so weird! So when he wasn't looking, I'd put tiny pieces of food on his tray and he would eat them! Once he got into it, he didn't care if one of us put it on his tray and he even ate chicken that was not in a chicken nugget coating! He then proceeded to drink half of his sippy cup of water (I think I've told you ladies that he has violently opposed the sippy in the past). Holy cow! DH thought I was going to cry from happiness.  We had a great eating day today...he tried a few new things and even though he spit out a few of them, this is huge because most of the time new things never make it to his mouth!   

Wendy - I wonder if S is having a growth spurt too because not only is he eating a few new things, but the quantity of food in general is unreal...also thought it could be that has just been more active lately.

Martina - I have the same feeling as you though -- waiting for the other shoe to drop ::)
--Nicole
(formerly samsmommy3312010)

Offline Tweakster

« Reply #358 on: June 22, 2011, 00:52:44 am »
He had 3 bowls of spag bol for lunch, definitely a growth spurt lol

Tonight he ate steak, all of it, but tried my sauteed sweet potato mix but spit each and every one he tried out lol  Then insisted they be removed from his plate.  Sheesh.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #359 on: June 22, 2011, 01:27:27 am »
Wendy - be glad your boy eats meat/protein! Mine refuses that too. Tonight he screamed at the fish burgers I made (no surprise), as well as the broccoli potato pancake. Ended up eating a fair portion of chicken noodle soup and a pouch of spinach/peas/pears but it wasn't fun getting there...