Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63899 times)

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2015, 21:36:05 pm »
Nicola that sounds good to me. If you're going to have to get up for a df anyway it's really not worth it, I forgot that they were that early, it's wonderful taht they're sleeping so much so just enjoy it I'd say :)

Hugs bel, are you bf'ing? Can your dh help with the nw's at all? I didn't bf at night and basically dh was in charge of 1 baby and I the other for nights while they were getting up regularly. It was around this age that ds started sleeping thru, maybe starting solids will help you guys? I think it made a difference for ds.

Multiples are hard work by themselves let alone with older siblings, you're doing amazingly!

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Bel

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2015, 13:04:47 pm »
Hi Kayra,
I think we're struggling with teeth now. Very sore bottoms, grizzly, chewing fingers... I went to bed at 8pm and was up with both at 9.45, then with one at 11.30, the other 0.30am and back with the first at 1am. It's 2am now and I can't sleep.
Yes I breast feed and use it as a quick fix at night, particularly when teething. I've started solids this week. One is totally into it and the other not. But early days... :-)
I think I have to accept it as a phase and ride it out.
What do you think?
Bel

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2015, 18:34:06 pm »
Yeah I think it is a bit of riding out I'm afraid :( we were the same with ds being more into solids, dd caught up a few weeks later.
When you have the energy you might want to stop nursing as a quick fix but I completely understand that you need things to be quick now and it's not too unusual to feed at night still at this age, hang in there!
Can your dh help out before he goes to bed at least, maybe he could have done the 9:45 one for you? It really does sound exhausting :( did you try medicating for the teeth? Is their day routine pretty good? You could start a thread on the main easy boards if you feel that routine etc could be playing s role in their night wakings. So many hugs!

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2015, 21:45:04 pm »
Welcome Nicola and bel.

We're struggling big time here :(  boys aren't eating or sleeping well. I don't know what's gone wrong...
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2015, 07:03:01 am »
Hugs Laura might they be ill? Wonderweek? It's their half age, could that have anything to do with it? Big hugs, although some things get easier it actually never really ends, there's always sthg new.... Xxx

Angel, April 2011

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:40 am »
Morning, after a bad day of  not sleeping yesterday Leo was struggling and cried most of the day. I didn't even get a chance to bath them last night as they were both so tired, both in bed by 6:30/7. But during the night they slept well. I think I may post again on the boards to try get them a routine cos I feel like I'm just plodding along hoping for the best.

Hugs Laura, teething maybe? I always put everything down to teething!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #291 on: April 02, 2015, 18:06:09 pm »
How's things Nicola? Plodding on is what we did till at least 6months and I think kayra did the same.
LAURA xx

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #292 on: April 02, 2015, 19:01:31 pm »
Hi Laura, had a few rubbish days of sleep but I think I've cracked it now!! They can only manage 50-60 A time followed by a two hr nap but now that I've found this out hopefully it should help extend things a little.

When were your boys born, were they early?

Offline babybarr

« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2015, 12:27:41 pm »
No they weren't. Elective c section at 38wks 1day. I was thinking your boys are maybe a bit unsettled too given everything. I'm guessing they must miss their brother too.

Fingers crossed it gets easier for you and amazing you're getting good naps at least that gives you a bit of a break.

My boys driving me and dh crazy. We were giving h milk in the night when he was poorly and the last 3 nights have been awful going cold turkey dropping it. He's been having hour long temper tantrums in the middle of the night!
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2015, 20:23:22 pm »
Yeah your boys are still pretty small, these first months are really survival, and like Laura said you guys have had so much going on. It's really hard when they're so young that they can on,y tolerate short a times, I remember so looking forward to the day when they'd be able to cope with a couple of hours a time :)
Hugs Laura, I can imagine it being hard, this age is hard anyway and I'm sure they don't like hearing No milk! I hope perseverance will do it for you sooner rather the later, big hugs!

Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2015, 04:36:19 am »
Hi Everyone!

Laura - 18 month regression would be my guess ;)  It's a doozy!  I remember DD1 dropping nap left and right and nights were horrid.. she was okay with eating I think though... teeth?  Canines are around this age too and they can be horrid.

Bel - so many hugs momma.  Multiples are hard, let alone with other kids too.  We all have been there and can offer hugs for sure! 

Welcome Nicola :)  I think we all feel like we are just plodding along without routine for the most part ;)  Multiples make the days go by so quickly that just when you have a routine nailed, you realize they have outgrown it already!

We have been doing fairly well here.. a few rough nights but both girls now have a tooth to show for it!  I think I blocked out how awful cutting a tooth really is... ugh.  So much screaming and lots of meds!  Both are bad teethers for sure.. just like big sister was.

We have come to the end of the road with crib sharing I suspect!  Charlotte seems to want to be a tummy sleeper all of a sudden and tends to kick Sophia - doesn't end well!  We had a good run getting to over 8 months!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:37 am »
Kara that's pretty good going with the crib sharing!!
Well perseverance has paid off with H but he's only doing about 10hr nights. Feeling a bit fed up about it all tbh today.
LAURA xx

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2015, 05:06:40 am »
Hugs hun.. sometimes I think the toddlers are harder work than the babies!  My dream child can stall at bedtime like a champ!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2015, 05:14:56 am »
Thanks Kara. People just don't really understand how full on it is yk? I like the toddler age as a rule but I prefer my sleep!
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2015, 18:51:59 pm »
Wow that's good crib sharing Kara! We did a a couple weeks I thimk :P
Hugs Laura, sleep deprivation is a killer, especially when it's been months on end! So is he doing 10hrs without waking? How's J doing?
We're doing fairly well, dd has 2 teeth, ds none, we've had so,e messy naps recently but I'm blaming the ww. My guys are crawling all over the place, it's cute to see how they hang out together most of the time, they're going to be good friends :)

Angel, April 2011