Author Topic: how to arrange the naps if DS is LSN to avoid NW?  (Read 16198 times)

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: how to arrange the naps if DS is LSN to avoid NW?
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2015, 09:22:30 am »
so for long/short or short/long, extra sleeping compensate for Nw  should not allowed ,right?

for short/long, when I did it first few days , broken 2hrs noon nap, woke at 40mins or 1hr15mins,  everyday was different, but long NW disappeared for several days, but noon nap became shorter and unstable even end with a cry aloud, still different everyday, then Ew appeared. so confused with same routine, everyday kept different, out of control, it's so strange, that's why I'd like to resign from it.
anyway, getting support here make me feel better

if it just his nature, he changed quickly, I have to accept it till he is old enough to one nap, it's not fun.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2015, 17:53:39 pm »
Hi honey. I just noticed you didn't get a reply for a couple of days. I wanted to stop by to let you know I've flagged it up and hopefully you will have continued support very soon. I haven't been following your progress so it would be difficult for me to give you a response without first reading through the full thread.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your situation will be able to stop by soon.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2015, 18:04:52 pm »
Thanks Creations for a reminder. I don't know how I missed that. Probably read the questions and wa to answer later but lost the thread from my unread!

Starting an evening with dh so will try to do it later!
~Marta

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2015, 06:15:39 am »
Ok! Gejun how is it going?

Re your question about compensating sleep - yes, in general some kiddos will sleep in one the morning and have longer naps only because they had NW and look for compensation. In short/long routine making first nap very short is an answer. In long/short routine pushing first nap as much as possible is an answer. Re sleeping in - I would allow anything more than 12h (counting NW). Later when the routine is set, sleeping in is much more acceptable.
~Marta

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2015, 08:45:26 am »
Thanks for your concern,.
he was sick several days ago, throat is inflamed and having a fever now, eat not well ,  and we also found his body is short of calcium severely, the doctor said short of calcium may effect his sleep also.
so I will adjust his sleep after his recovery, now he need more sleep I think.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2015, 08:50:11 am »
Oh - you are totally right. If he is unwell just do whatever is needed.
Keeping fx for both of you and hopefully very soon he will feel better!
~Marta

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2015, 08:52:50 am »
Hugs Gejun.  希望他早点康复。

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2015, 11:43:14 am »
By the way, I noticed in last weeks,  He is constantly rolling around in his sleep between 2:00 am to 3:30 , it looks like still in asleep, not wide wake,. but he always woke after this long rolling, then broken sleep till morning wake up . What do you think about the long rolling?

Hi, koe2moe, Martii说的关于sleep in 的12小时是什么意思?

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2015, 12:26:58 pm »
Re sleeping in - I would allow anything more than 12h (counting NW). Later when the routine is set, sleeping in is much more acceptable.
Marta, Gejun is unsure about this above.  Did you mean that you would NOT allow anything more than 12h until the routine has settled?  Meaning for example, 6:30-6:30, with or without NWs?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2015, 13:21:06 pm »
Firstly my advice is valid only for a healthy child, please highlight it Koe.

And yes - that's my point of view. I wouldn't allow anything more than 12h night (with or without NW - no matter). So no matter how much he slept, I would wake 12h after BT. I am aware that night with NW is not as restful a the one without, but until the routine is set (1-2 weeks of predictable nights & naps), I would start the day at set time.
~Marta

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2015, 13:27:23 pm »
Marta, ok

Gejun, 他打的漏了一個不字。现在应该清楚了?我想强调一点,生病时,让他睡吧!好了之后在调整睡眠时间。

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2015, 23:34:41 pm »
是的,我也觉得漏了个补字,现在就是随他睡,希望赶快好起来。

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2015, 05:17:21 am »
希望他很快就好了!

Offline gejun

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2015, 14:05:13 pm »
Hi Martii, I am back, LO Will be recovery soon. But short am will not suit for me because I have to out on early morning.

For long am/short pm, I don't know what will happen when trying to set up the routine in early days, so I suppose something maybe happen, hope you can give suggestions,

1/If he wake up too early, you have suggested me push the nap gradually, then he will wake up later and later, so when will BT be at first few days, how long should be a daytime? if he woke at 5:30,BT still 19:00, it will be a long day, right? Or allow more sleep than 2hours for a long day?.
For example, wake up at 5:30, first nap at 9:30, if the first nap is 1.5hours, he wake up at 11:00, then second nap around 14:00 or 14:30, if the second nap only be 30mins, he must be very tired around 5:30 or 18:00. If BT is 18:00, will he wake up 5:00 next
 Morning?

2/If he had a long Nw, maybe he sleep more than 1.5 hours for first nap after 3.5 or 4hours to compensate poor night? If so, should I wake him? Or maybe after 4 hours, he will be OT, with a short nap 30mins, if so ,I need resettle him or let him sleep more at second nap?
because of NW, will his A be shorter than normal? maybe after a long am nap, he will be tired less than 3 or 3.5 hours? Should I insist on 3 or 3.5 hours A.?  I can keep him awake when he feel tired, but will be it reinforce OT? How to alleviate his OT at first few days, or just wait his body adapt to the routine?

3/if he wake up early or had NWs, when will him compensate his sleep? Since day nap is limited, like 2 hours, will he compensate it with a long night sleep?

I Know things can not change in one or two days, just don’t know what will happened in early few days and how to deal with it. Maybe some of them will not happen, Thank you so much.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2015, 09:16:41 am »
1/If he wake up too early, you have suggested me push the nap gradually, then he will wake up later and later, so when will BT be at first few days, how long should be a daytime? if he woke at 5:30,BT still 19:00, it will be a long day, right? Or allow more sleep than 2hours for a long day?.
For example, wake up at 5:30, first nap at 9:30, if the first nap is 1.5hours, he wake up at 11:00, then second nap around 14:00 or 14:30, if the second nap only be 30mins, he must be very tired around 5:30 or 18:00. If BT is 18:00, will he wake up 5:00 next
 Morning?

I would start to keep him in crib in the morning for every possible way, in dark room, in silence - even if he is not asleep. If it means you have to seat with him in a dark room, just do it. If you have to shhh/pat him for 1.5h do it. Have you tried feeding at 5:30 to sleep? So to get rid of that habit of EWU. I would keep sleep a day of max 2:15 frankly speaking to reset his body. BT 7pm but not even a minute later. Start first nap at 10pm if you plan to let him sleep as much as he wants. Then push and I would probably push in 30min increments if you think you can handle OT wakings during the nap. If you are afraid of OT and him not sleeping well, do it slower. The schedule will vary probably in first days as his first nap will have different length. I would do a second nap at 2/2:30pm if the first nap was short like 45min-1h and even at 3/3:30 if first nap was 1:30. I would push first nap until you have a decent nap and reasonable WU in the morning. It probably will be around 11:00.

2/If he had a long Nw, maybe he sleep more than 1.5 hours for first nap after 3.5 or 4hours to compensate poor night? If so, should I wake him? Or maybe after 4 hours, he will be OT, with a short nap 30mins, if so ,I need resettle him or let him sleep more at second nap?
because of NW, will his A be shorter than normal? maybe after a long am nap, he will be tired less than 3 or 3.5 hours? Should I insist on 3 or 3.5 hours A.?  I can keep him awake when he feel tired, but will be it reinforce OT? How to alleviate his OT at first few days, or just wait his body adapt to the routine?

I would also wake after 1.5h as I said from the first nap and allow 45-1h in the afternoon rather than going for 2h in the morning so not to let him catch up for lost sleep in the morning. Yes, his A will be shorter in general after nights with NW, but I would try to ride it out. If he is more tired let him sleep slightly more on second nap.

3/if he wake up early or had NWs, when will him compensate his sleep? Since day nap is limited, like 2 hours, will he compensate it with a long night sleep?
HE should and that's our aim. He may sleep slightly longer like 2-2.5h a day but make sure his is catching up on a second nap rather than first one and that overall day sleep is not impacting ie BT being at 7pm.
~Marta