Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33919 times)

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2011, 12:36:21 pm »
I would do 11.30 too Melissa.  Stay with that b/c the longer night was catch-up after yesterday.  If you push her further than 11.30 today then you might end up with another short nap.  Think I had it explained to me that if they are a bit OT, once they start sleeping in a bit later in the morning then this means the A time to nap is a little shorter, but thats ok because it means you don't have to push them quite so hard, which again helps them catch up on the OT.  You would only need to worry if the A time was substantially shorter, in which case nudge the nap out a bit to avoid UT.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2011, 12:53:39 pm »
I understand what would be substantially short the other day she woke at 7:40 that was an hour later than usual so I pushed her til 12 rather than 11:30 but she played til 12:20 so her nap was nearly an hr later than usual but really the same A time as usual she slept 10 mins less than usual which wasn't terrible but then the next day was all messed up mostly due I guess to my trying the same nap time of the day before at 12 only this time she had started her day earlier so I guess too much too soon  I will stick with 11:30 for a while now
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2011, 15:00:12 pm »
I just want to add that I do not like teething.  Ugh.  Alexandra went down at 710pm last night after a bit of trouble settling but slept great until an 11pm cry fest... I was able to get her back to sleep with some gentle head stroking... but then she woke screaming at 1250am... clearly teething pain.. so gave her some Advil and Orajel and she slept without a sound until 610am... would have liked a wake time closer to 630am but that late CN yesterday is to blame for the earlier wake time - always happens with her...

Quiet day here today with an 1130am sharp nap!  Fingers crossed that she naps at least 1 hr 45mins :)

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2011, 15:04:20 pm »
Awe poor thing let us know how she does ;) good luck
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2011, 16:37:03 pm »
OMG 1 hr!!!! i want to cry...it's only 12:30!!!! and she almost never takes a pm nap...I wouldn't even know when to try...just unreal...what happened?!

Think I will try for a pm nap what time though you think its 2 pm here now and she's been up since 12:30
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 17:56:10 pm by lily528 »
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #260 on: October 20, 2011, 19:10:46 pm »
Hey Melissa, sorry no one was about to help earlier. What did you do in the end?

Well tomorrow is the big day!  We are trying for one nap!  Really hope I am doing the right thing, but its now or never really, well at least til christmas when I am off work again!
He hasn't slept well today so hope there is no OT tomorrow.  He has also been waking earlier and earlier for the day, today 6.15, used to be 6.45, as well as waking around 5.30 every morning for 10 mins or so, but going back to sleep.
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2011, 19:14:57 pm »
choc tried for a 3pm 2nd nap but she is on and off whining and playing so that is a no go so i guess an EBT tonight and try again tomorrow...sigh...frustrating can't seem to get this right for her and she isn't getting the sleep she needs so stressful

sounds like what I was going through at the start of our transition she did a solid week of 5 something wakings...and even back to NW's here and there if you are concerned about OT tomorrow maybe try for a bit of an earlier BT tonight?  but who the heck am I to give advice really :/
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2011, 19:25:52 pm »
Well, things have gone to  here (sorry for the potty mouth)... Ugh, I had her down at 11:30 and she was shattered... now the groundskeepers have shown up and are mowing and raking and generally making a TONNE of noise!  They woke her at 12:20pm... ugh.  It seems that she might be going back to sleep though... sigh.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2011, 19:33:22 pm »
He is in bed already, was slightly earlier so hopefully it will be ok.  Just had to get him up and change his nappy as he had done a poo.  He never poos in his sleep - weird.

I am hoping he will sleep til near 7am as I really need him to be having a 12pm nap because of the childminders school run.

So you going for a 6pm BT Melissa?

Kara hope she drops back off.
Gemma

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2011, 19:35:04 pm »
Melissa, it soubndslike your LO like a 1hr nap. Have you tried W2S to see if she will sleep longer...maybe the 1hr naps are habitual? If you were to try W2S I think you would need to treat the nap as a 45min one and try the rousing at 33-35mins...

Choc if you are going to try for the 1 nap consistantly then if he wakes early I would try to get him back to sleep no matter what, or keep him in his room until 2hrs is up to teach him that this time is nap or quiet time. good luck :-*

HUGS Kara. Teeth are evil. We had a 1hr long NW at 10pm full of screaming, I hate these front teeth they are taking f o r e v e r to cut through fully!
Do you use white noise in A's room? It helps Z sleep through anything, even recycle guys who throw glass bottle into the truck right outside his room! grrrrrrrrrrr........
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2011, 19:40:14 pm »
Thanks Sara, I will do that definitley but I am dreading it as it will be hard.  He doesn't really do quiet time as he doesn't ever sit still!  Unless he has food!  I will try everything I can think of though, I want this to work.
Gemma

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2011, 19:41:51 pm »
Do you use white noise in A's room?

She has a really loud ticking clock but anything else just grabs her interest ::)  Nosey little creature that she is... she seems to be headed back to sleep though - she has babbled a bit but no fussing at all so I think she has realized she is still super tired ;)  And it seems that the workers have left - YAY!  I just think we will likely get a super disrupted nap today - just like yesterday... ugh.  And I even drugged her up before her nap to make sure pain didn't wake her...

Gemma - Alexandra woke at 610am today - I tried to just leave her but she was unusually persistent - I was in there 5 mins later - she had done a poo too.  She hasn't done that since our 5am EW days!  I try for 15 mins to keep A in her room if she wakes early from her nap or in the morning but if she doesn't get sleepy again after that long, I get her up :)  Good luck!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2011, 19:44:47 pm »
Sara the 1 hr has just been yesterday and today before then I was mostly getting 1 hr 40 mins it went all screwy after the other day when she slept in a bit in the morning and I moved her nap later that day she slept 1 hr 30 mins that day and 1 hr yesterday and today since then blah

Also at the start of this she'd wake at 30-40 mins and go back to sleep on her own in just a few mins but then she stopped doing that and was sleeping through I let her go a but when she woke at the hr these past few times but never went back :/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 19:50:28 pm by lily528 »
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2011, 19:46:13 pm »
Good tip, thanks Kara.  Do you keep her in her cot or just her room?  Aidan will most likely cry if I don't get him straight out of his cot as I usually do and he will be waiting for it!  
I am nervous about tomorrow but am taking on all advice and will work hard at it!!
Gemma

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2011, 19:47:41 pm »
I take her out of the crib - she would scream at me if I didn't ;)  I have a chair in her room and I just sit in it with her in the dark and try to get her to doze back to sleep on my shoulder... it rarely works, but she will usually cuddle at the very least if she is still tired...