Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33930 times)

Offline lily528

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2011, 18:33:52 pm »
right?!  I wanted to cry when she first called and said she was up...when she does OT naps in the past..when left alone for a few mins she has often gone back to sleep...now confused on what BT to do but I guess I can't even start figuring that out until I see how long she sleeps now...
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #391 on: October 25, 2011, 18:36:59 pm »
LOL!  Wait until she wakes and go from there :)

Ugh... Alexandra is still sleeping!  She is just about at the 2 hour mark!  My brain tells me to wake her but my heart is thinking that she isn't well so I should leave her be... ugh.  This might come back to bite me in the arse!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #392 on: October 25, 2011, 18:44:59 pm »
haha kara i know what you are feeling but i'd say definitely let her sleep...when they aren't feeling well all the rules go out the window...let her take what she needs...you will figure it out...
<3 Melissa

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2011, 18:49:03 pm »
Kara - I would also leave her while she is poorly.  Sleep is a great healer.

Melissa - yes BT will be a dilemma if she takes a long nap.  I think if she does 1.5hrs+ you will definitely be looking at a 7pm BT at least.

Smurfette - hope you succeeded???  I know with O, if I put him in bed even 10mins too early, he creates such a fuss b/c he's UT that by the time he eventually calms down & goes to sleep he's already OT.  It might be that just 15-30mins extra A time will be enough to mean she goes down a bit easier.  I think you might have to do a later BT if she takes a decent nap though.  Honestly, tomorrow I would just start on gradually shifting out that AM nap.

choc - I think this is what I am going to carry on doing.  We're up to 5hrs A time tomorrow, but b/c of his EW thats only a 10-10.30am nap.  I think we're going to be pushing his nap out for a little while yet!  As for BT, the last few days I have been doing 6pm BT.  MIL should have had DS home by 5.30pm today but they were late, & then he was OT so took ages to settle, hence the later BT.  It will be 6pm again tomorrow unless we have a significantly later WU.  Which I would like to hope we'll get given the A time he did to BT today.  :P Siigh! ::)

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #394 on: October 25, 2011, 18:57:34 pm »
Thanks ladies - I have left her alone and she just started to wake up - and sounds HAPPY!!!  YAY!  2 hrs 15 mins... and it's now a few mins shy of noon... eek.  There may be a CN in the car later today LOL!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #395 on: October 25, 2011, 18:58:57 pm »
ok so she is up...slept 1:10-2:50  so 1 hr 40 mins i know that is a pretty late waking but super glad she got in a descent nap...still not the 2+ hrs I've been hoping to acquire but today really wasn't the day for that anyway...so here is our day...

5:50am WU (11hr night)
10:45am  min CN in the car
1:10-2:50 nap (1 hr 40 mins total)
?????  BT

so what's a good BT?  7?
also do i go back to 11:30 nap tomorrow?  provided I get a good night and no EW tomorrow?
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #396 on: October 25, 2011, 19:08:17 pm »
What time did you put her down yesterday?
If it was me, I'd err on the side of caution and go with an earlier BT...6:30/6:45...? Does she tack on the lost sleep?

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #397 on: October 25, 2011, 19:10:03 pm »
I think you will get a battle if you try to put her down before 715/730pm... that is a long enough nap to fully restore her.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #398 on: October 25, 2011, 19:22:13 pm »
I've been doing 6;30-6:45 and most of the time she is asleep within a few mins...but that is when she wakes at 1;15 from a 1 hr 30-45 min nap...todays nap was about her norm for the last few days but her wake time was nearly 2 hrs later since she went down later :/ 

so although the nap length was the same I am wondering if the wake time will alter her ability to go down for the night at her regular time....I guess I could just follow her on this one a bit. 

I was originally thinking of doing a 6:30 BT because the 6:45-7pm BT sometimes brings on an EW like it did today...I think though I should have tried to AP her back to sleep this morning and for some reason I didn't...mostly because I was getting ready for work and by the time she really even put up a fuss and I went in it was 6:20 (woke at 5:50)

smurfette- she does seem to tack on sleep with an EBT as I said above her morning wake up is usually later when she goes to bed earlier 6-6:30.
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2011, 22:01:52 pm »
Oh, sorry. Yeah, then I would go earlier, but that's just me.

Our 2nd nap was a bust again. She quieted down after 20 mins but then just walked around the crib for another 20 mins until I pulled her out. ::) 6:30 bt tonight and we'll try a later nap tomorrow.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #400 on: October 25, 2011, 22:08:14 pm »
Good idea....def sounds like UT/OT. Do you let her go for a bit if she wakes early at the 30-40 min mark?  I swear I never thought my dd would EVER go back to sleep but she really does.
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #401 on: October 25, 2011, 22:28:39 pm »
Worked a bit late. Looks like 7 pm BT :/
<3 Melissa

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #402 on: October 25, 2011, 23:42:41 pm »
Melissa, if you are going with a solid 1 nap every day I would start to try to get a consistent nap time and BT and throw in EBT when she naps shorter than you expect so that her A time is the same IYKWIM? I would also stick with a set WU - but only if you get an EW so if she wakes at 5.45 your day starts at 6am, so take the A time from then and keep her in her room until then IYKWIM? If she sleeps in then you can choose if you wake her or not. I personally like to leave Z to sleep in to reinforce night sleep and cap his nap which starts a bit later if I need to, so that I stay on track for usual BT. I just find this helps them to set their internal clocks.

That said...you know your LO best and this may not work for you :P Your naps look SO MUCH BETTER!!! Great progress from those short ones right! :D
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #403 on: October 26, 2011, 00:49:55 am »
sara....I am soooo trying to get a consistent time for both...for 2 weeks now I set for 11:30 and both weeks there was one crazy off day that messed it all up...last week she slept in and i made the mistake of pushing the nap to later....too late...and this week was today's stupid 10 min nap in the car this morning that I didn't realize she was taking :/(rear facing and had a dvd playing just assumed her silence was due to watching her show)and as far as the BT I 'd be more consistent if I didn't have to fall to EBT so much...once I get the naps solid I think that will get better though...
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #404 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:49 am »
Ugh... we had a crazy day! 

Good news: Alexandra seems to be getting over the cold much faster than me!
Bad news: she woke at 545am (11 hr night with no NW but she was restless) - nap started at 940am, she was shattered!  Left her to sleep as long as she wanted and she woke at noon - happily laid in her crib until I went to get her at 1210pm.  Refused any sort of CN or quiet time... showed no tired signs at all so I sent her to bed to 645pm... she went down VERY easily!  Just had a random cry at 1 hour??  Could have been a burp though - she wouldn't burp for me after her giant 9 oz bottle ;)