Author Topic: Diary of putting my family on the RAPH diet  (Read 51399 times)

Offline sherry lynn

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 127
Re: Diary of putting my family on the RAPH diet
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2011, 18:49:33 pm »
Amines seems to be fine. I felt a little jittery because of all of the chocolate. But, other than that no problems.

How do you test glutamate? It says a certain cracker,  but I check the website and it looks like it's only in Aus.

DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

hrk

« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2011, 18:57:37 pm »
Hi Sher! Hmmm on the cracker...tons of glutamates in soup broths, there are other things in it that will skew your results making you unsure if it was sals/glutamates. 

A post to the US group, perhaps.  :-)

tigerlilly905

« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2011, 02:48:56 am »
I know we've been talking about Gut health - here's a really interesting link: http://www.ei-resource.org/illness-information/environmental-illnesses/candida-and-gut-dysbiosis/

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2011, 07:52:04 am »
Pretty hard to test glutamate - if you pass amines I think there is something that is high amine and glutamate - I will check.  Kirry might remember actually.

Will look at the link later.

Girls, I am really really onto something re: Kais food intolerances and allergy in general.  Will let you know later.  Its high copper/ low zinc.  It is the udnerlying cause behind so many conditions, especially enzyme deficiencies, behavourial disorders, digestion issues and you thus you guessed it... food intolerance and over active immune system - you guess it - allergies!  Will postsomke links soon.

Offline kim&savannah

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2011, 12:32:37 pm »
The test ideas I found:

Natural free glutamates and amines are mostly found in the same foods. You only need test MSG separately if you haven’t reacted to amines.
 •4 tablespoons soy sauce (glutamates and amines)
 •Parmesan cheese, sprinkled liberally (glutamates and amines)
 •500ml chicken noodle packet soup (glutamates and sals)

HTHs.

Eloys--curious to see what you've found.

Off to read your link, Rebecca.
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

tigerlilly905

« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2011, 14:41:07 pm »
Its high copper/ low zinc.  It is the udnerlying cause behind so many conditions, especially enzyme deficiencies, behavourial disorders, digestion issues and you thus you guessed it... food intolerance and over active immune system - you guess it - allergies!  Will postsomke links soon

I've read some things about this! So interesting you've brought it up!! Curious to see what you've found out too, Eloise!

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2011, 17:05:25 pm »
Thanks for the ideas. That helps a ton! Elo - I'm curious to see what you think about it as well.

Looking forward to your knew found ideas as well.
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

tigerlilly905

« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2011, 20:17:49 pm »
Hey, any thoughts on carrots? Yesterday and today I was peeling them and my hands got insanely itchy and a few reddish patches!?! That's NEVER happened before... hummmm ???

ETA - this isn't the exact article I read about copper/zinc - I can't find it, wish I could! But here's a wee bit of info http://www.drkaslow.com/html/zinc-copper_imbalances.html 

Can't wait to read your stuff Eloise!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 20:27:43 pm by tigerlilly905 »

Offline EloysH

« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2011, 02:30:20 am »
Rebecca that article is basically on the same track.   This article explains what I am now discovering about Zinc:

http://www.tvernonlac.com/copper-toxicity.html

Basically zinc is the single most important mineral that any of us need and we need alot more than doctors think.
Low zinc starts of a chain reaction of bad biochemistry in the body, the more severe the zinc depletion the more severe the repercussions.  What seems to be amazing is that most if it is reversible.  If leaky gut happens along the way though, this must be fixed along with the zinc. 

I have found yet another Dr. He is a GP, but has spent alot of time in university researching zinc.  He is a zinc expert so to speak and if you are symptomatic, sends you off for zinc plasma tests to measure zinc in your blood and also tests you for pyrroles - a serious condition that is caused my severe low zinc - food intolerance is one of the symptoms, so are auto immuns disaeases, skin condition and behavioural condirions including sensory stuff and autism. Pyrroles is totally reversible if in zinc supplements for the long term!   I have Kai booked into this Dr and I am pretty sure we will be doing pyrroles tests.

I have been on zinc alot of years now as i have high copper but i have been unable to fix i (discovered 4 years ago through hair mineral analysis) I was unaware at how important this is for my body and my babies....zinc is passed through the mother milk. I will be going to this Dr for myself next week too, perhaps i need to take steps to take copper our of my diet - no 1 would be to drink filtered water due to copper pipes.

I have been following a facebook discussion group that is public  - for failsafe people who have children on teh failsafe diet.  A few of us have gone off this tangent to explore BIOMED medicence as a way of analysing gut health for our LO's with the theoriy that a bacterial imbalance can cause food iontolerance. And from this the Dr's that everyone is seeing are also saying that the zinc/copper balance is a crucial factor. Some of them have started formal treatment with zinc and B6 supplements and also following a full stool smaple analysis  - good /bad bacteria and they are finding their tolerances are increasing!    Kia has been on these supplements for some time, it might be why is can now eat high sals.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=206988009314187&topic=392&post=2392&ref=notif&notif_t=board_post_reply#!/FailsafeEatingSupportGroup
Go to the discussion board and see the discussion called : Beyond failsafe - Biomedical treatment. To join, just "like" the group.

Drs that focus on zinc and gut health are called BIOMED Dr's here, and they are affiliated with MINDD org here.  There are mother/umbrella organisations in the US if anyone wants links.  I posted the MINDD info a way back on this thread:
http://mindd.org/s/index.php?/pages/search.html&f=

If you can take some time to watch the MINDD TV video presentations, pretty amazing stuff.

Whilst we are onto it I will post my other paeds latest presentation on autism, he is acutally improving autism in his patients at the moment with biomedicence and is booked out one year in advance.
Here is a link to a lecture he recently gave:
http://mindd.org/s/archives.php/147-Practitioners-Lectures.html

Again, plenty of info on the MINDD org website.

Note that he is on the advisory board for MINDD org and so is Dr Campbell Mcbride! Her stuff is available o the website too.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:29 am »
Very interesting stuff! I've often wondering about low zinc for either me and/or my DS (who also have food intolerances) but either time either of us takes zinc supplements, even with food, we get a quite upset stomach - including cramps...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2011, 10:59:55 am »
Yeah, that's the problem I've had with zinc supplements. :( Not much point taking them if I'm going to throw them back up again. :-\

tigerlilly905

« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2011, 14:55:03 pm »
A few of us have gone off this tangent to explore BIOMED medicence as a way of analysing gut health for our LO's with the theoriy that a bacterial imbalance can cause food iontolerance. And from this the Dr's that everyone is seeing are also saying that the zinc/copper balance is a crucial factor. Some of them have started formal treatment with zinc and B6 supplements and also following a full stool smaple analysis  - good /bad bacteria and they are finding their tolerances are increasing!

AMAZING this is along the same lines as GAPS as well.. perhaps that's where I read about zinc.. I'll have to go back through the book!

ETA - YUP! Just checked.. I've been doing so much reading I forget where I've read what sometimes :P  There's quite a few sections on zinc in the GAPS book, also discussing the exact same principles and nutritional deficiencies you are talking about Eloise!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 15:02:42 pm by tigerlilly905 »

Offline EloysH

« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2011, 04:19:27 am »
There are different forms of zinc,  some are eaiser on the stomach.  I think it can take a while to find the right one for you. Some needs to be taken with food and a large glass of water.   I can take large doses of zinc sulphate in a large glass of water and no worries at all but that is the most nausea creating form I think.  I wonder if that is because I am so deficient. I also take with Vit C for absorbption of the zinc.

Yes Rebecca, the zinc/cu thing is part of the same science as Dr Campbell Mcbride, all the biomed Drs are well versed in her stuff (GAPS) as well as the zinc stuff.  I have watched some of her videos on MINDD and she mentions the cu/zinc imbalances there too.  :)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58:57 am »
Hmmm I had only tried zinc oxide I believe. I do have an ionic zinc concentrate (drops) that I had tried with DS (tummy cramps for him) - maybe I should try those today after breakfast and in a full glass of water and see how it goes? I do know that low zinc can be one (of many) factor in dyshidrotic excema, which is I've had torturing my hands for some time now...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline EloysH

« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2011, 11:25:12 am »
It's worth a go, can the naturopath advise? I am on a 2 week trial of high doses of zinc (220mg) for my psorasis.  Unrelated to the biomedical treatment I am about to go on, (yet to see my new biomed GP).  I am trying this as a recommendation from my naturopath for 2 weeks.  Apparantly this dose can heal nearly any skin conditon in two weeks.  Hard to believe, lets see what happens to my psorasis.  It has been all over my torso and my leg for about 10 months now.