Author Topic: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6  (Read 68951 times)

Offline zebstiredmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 19:19:07 pm »
Hi Eva's Mummy

I think you can try mix and match - I did with DS at 12 months - but DD has made a sudden leap at 13 months, so I guess my advice is just suck it and see!  DD is now coping with 5.5 hour A time after her nap and some days even 6 hr A if she wakes early from her 1 nap.

Good luck.  :)

Emma

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 19:37:10 pm »
Thanks honey, i think thats just what i need to do i probably worry more about her sleep then anything else but i'm sure she can do more its just me thats thinks she cant.

Today was terrible it started ok, WU 6:40 then i put her down after 4hrs as we were going to visit my dad whoe lives an hour away so i thought she would sleep for 1.5hrs the lunch and out.

No she slept for 2.5hrs, refused her lunch so we headed over late. She then refused her dinner fell asleep in the car on the way home at 17:25-18:00 and now i can't get her to bed  :o

On the plus side that was a great nap, on the downside it was too early and i really didn't want a second nap but i guess i will see what the night brings. I expect some crazyness tonight

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 17:32:19 pm »
I still cannot get this 1 nap going!
DD is a week away from 15 months and she started refusing the second nap. I was doing a short am 20 mins and then long pm, till she started refusing the pm nap.
We switched to one nap but I can't figure out her a time. I've put her to bed any time between 4h 30m- 5h A time and I always get a 1 hr-1 h20 min nap. she then wants to do a 5hA time and then bed, but I would really like to get a decent nap out of her.

Anyone have suggestions on an average A time for a 15 month old.

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 20:15:34 pm »
We've ended up settling on a fixed nap time as I got tired of guessing A times, we seem to have settled at pd at 12.45 and asleep by 1pm and get 2/2.5hr nap BT 7pm .
His WU is 7/7.15 and we are finally getting 12hr nights haven't had that since he was 3 months old  :)  I think he was ready for it weeks ago now looking back but I was just to chicken to push him!
FX this means we've made it through the transition but I will not be holding my breath, he starts nursery in 3 weeks so bound to all go to pot then!

Logansmummy if you're getting 1hr/1hr20 after 5 hrs I would start to push it out try 5hr15 for a few days see what so of nap you get, that's what we had to do we started at 12pm initially and he would nap well for a few days then they started getting shorter, but he was happy enough so I thought it wasn't OT so pushed it out each time we got less that 2hr naps. He will be 14 months on 29th aug.

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2013, 20:33:53 pm »
Hi hayley,
I see things are going well for you! How long have you been doing nap at 1?? What will you do if the nap gets short once again? Push even later?
We are still trying to figure things out... Teething molars and eye teeth is not helping things...

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 20:56:19 pm »
For now Maya, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts! We had an awful time with sleep a week after his mmr jabs  he kept waking every 30mins through the night, like having a new born, but things have improved since. we have molar movement too  :( it's pants!! But no sign of them
Breaking through yet.
I'm going to stick to the 12.45 pd for aslong as it works (it will be a week tomorrow!) if he short naps and is OT he's a real grump bag within 2hrs of waking, so will pull it back by 15 mins initially  I think. I won't push it out any further unless he's a happy chappy iykwim?

Are you still on set naps? How's it going?

I tend to find when he's getting tired that his co ordination goes and he becomes quite clumsy which has helped with getting timings.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 20:58:37 pm by Johnnyha65 »

Offline McSquirtle

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 09:45:11 am »
Morning ladies. First day of short am, long pm nap today so fingers crossed! And I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more from me over the transition!

Hope you're all well and have happy sleeping babies :)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2013, 12:12:04 pm »
This is so not easy, I have been trying to push to 1 nap as she seems to want to sleep in a big chunk but today she was so tired after 4hrs A time she was crying and clinging to my leg so i put her down for a nap at 10:30 and she is still sleeping now. She really likes her 2.5-3hr naps which are great but they are too early so we end up with EBT, she wont go down for a CN after such a long nap or even if i did it later it would be at at least 5:30 before she would take it making BT 9/9:30 and a 15hr day so i dont want to do that then she is losing out on night sleep the next day.

I know i need to push her first A time out but then she does a 30min OT nap and the second nap is either refused or 30mins as well.

Any suggestions do i just need to stick with EBT and hope we dont end up with a 6-6 routine x

My angel baby girl

Offline McSquirtle

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 13:45:04 pm »
Can you cap that long nap and try to get a cat nap in the afternoon just to make it until bedtime?

Offline Joy-filled

• Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 16:16:37 pm »
Gail, I couldn't agree more - it sure isn't easy this 2-1 business!

I think I agree with McSquirtle's suggestion.  What if you cap her nap at 2 hrs and then try a CN?  I think I'd be in the same boat as you with Aaron if I was doing a 4 hr A time but with the 5 hr A time I get an OT 30+45=1hr15 min nap which means he still takes the CN.  If capping the nap at 2 hrs doesn't get you a CN then I think your only other option is to push that am A time to move towards 1 nap. What do you think?  I'm also wondering if you move towards 4.5 hrs, do you think she could manage 4.5 hr A time, a long nap, and then 5.5 hrs to BT? 
**Char**

<a href="http://lilypie.com/">

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 16:59:29 pm »
Johnnyha65- Thank you! I was looking for someone to tell me it wasn't crazy to get more than a 5 hr A time. It worked like a charm today at a 5h 15m A time. A little fuss before falling asleep but a good nap!
Crossing my fingers it continues tomorrow. Thanks!

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2013, 18:02:28 pm »
I am a bit scared on capping the long nap incase i jinx her and she never long naps again, as i know thats the kind sof nap i am looking for just later in the day. (I know i probably cant jinx sleep but you never know  ???) And i think i would need to cap it at 1.5hrs as she still refused a 2nd nap after a 2hr nap.

I think i will need to start pushing her first A time but maybe i need to do it slowly,after a good 2.5/3hr nap she can just make 5.5hrs to BT.

Tonight BT was 18:30 so not the worst which was 5hrs 15mins A and she went down like a dream, not a peep out of her. I just need her to go back to waking at 7/7:15 and then we would be on a 7-7 routine which would be nice.

I suppose i shouldn't complain we have kinds made it to 1 nap without much OT, and getting a nice long nap with it, its just at the wrong time of day. I'm probably asking too much x

My angel baby girl

Offline Joy-filled

• Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2013, 19:05:39 pm »
In that case if I were you I'd just bump the 1st A by 10 min for a few days and see what happens.  That way, she shouldn't OT short nap and you may also be able to slowly push the day forward. 

It's true, I am feeling a tad jealous...but in a good way ;).  And congrats on the 1st steps today too!! :D
**Char**

<a href="http://lilypie.com/">

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2013, 20:33:29 pm »
Logansmommy2, so glad that 15minutes worked for you! We are all so scared of OT sometimes we just daren't make that little push! FX she continues to nap well for you!

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 17:17:42 pm »
Well today we got a 1 hour nap :( She was for sure tired when I put her down but I think  the train coming through just came by as she was resettling.  Boo train!!