Author Topic: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6  (Read 68704 times)

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2013, 11:29:51 am »
Don't want to curse anything but the day after my previous post I tried putting him down after 3hrs 45. He fought it so after a while I got him up,  gave a quick lunch, nappy change,  bottle and pd again at around 4hrs 45  and he went down without a fuss and slept over 2 hours!  That's the longest nap we've had in weeks! Yesterday I tried 4hrs 40 and he needed resettling at 50 minutes but he went on to sleep 1hr 45 in total before I had to wake him to go out. We've been getting 11.5 hour nights :)  Today he seems more tired but I've pushed him to 4hrs 45 again as he didn't seem especially tired by the time of his morning nap if we were going to do 2 naps.  We'll see how he does.  Today may have been too much but we'll see.

Anyway, i *may* have hit upon something A time wise... Possibly not for every day but maybe he needs 2 x1 nap days then 1x 2 nap days as a pattern?

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2013, 09:13:59 am »
So that didn't last either.  Can I just lay my head down here and cry?!  :'(

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2014, 03:44:54 am »
It's okie I know it's hard. * hug*

Offline mommybear!

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2014, 14:08:34 pm »
Hi Ladies,
I'd like to join in... My DD is 13 months.  Bumpy last few months of early wakes, night wakes, and hard to get down.  Mostly related to me missing cues due to stress, sickness, and vacation.  So routine is as follows
645 wake/nurse
10 nap cut off at 1 hour
230 nap cut off at 1 hour/nurse
730nurse/ 8 asleep
She woke last night though so I will be giving her an extra 1/2 hour on the second nap if she wants it.
Not sure when to start cutting the first nap back to 45minutes.  I was thinking of waiting until more sttn but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I got a few days last week of sttn and 2 days in a row this week then gas/temp last night threw her off. ugh  :(

I look forward to reading about all of yours and glad to have a place to talk about it.  Wishing good luck all around! hugs

Offline mommybear!

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2014, 01:30:25 am »
So my LO has another tooth showing and I think that is what is effecting her sleep this week.  My mother in law could not get her down for her first nap today.  So totally unplanned first day of only one nap.  130-330pm  :-\  ???
 I'm not sure what I am in for tonight.  She fell asleep at 745pm so that was good.  as for the rest of the night we shall see....

Offline mommybear!

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2014, 23:37:26 pm »
Woke last night 1130-1230 not too bad.  Had morning nap just fine today 1 hour.  Then second nap woke after 40 minutes screaming.  Not sure if she was dreaming of teething or both.  My husband tends to talk in his sleep and I caught lo talking a couple times too.  ugh So still not sure when to reduce first nap to 45 minutes.  I will see how tonight goes.

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2014, 00:20:27 am »
Hi ladies! Id like to jump on board! I'm in the middle of this crazy time and i would love to give you an idea of my day but sat here thinking about it and its all gone to complete pot!!
DD has just turned 12 months, she has always been on the high end A times, sleeps independently for naps,BF before BT but always put down awake although lately Ive been AP'ing one of her naps, usually afternoon CN. (Shes also just getting over illness)
I'm completely lost on her A times, some days she will very easily stay awake until 12h/12h30 and other days she cant last past 11h. Today she feel asleep in the buggy at 10h30 for 30 mins and i could only get her to nap again at 16h !!!
WU is usually around 06h30
Before i was trying long AM short PM, AP 2nd nap but now both naps are getting harder to get her down for!!
On 1 nap days i try BT at 06h30, sometimes earlier but she seems to always WU earlier in the morning then she gets a really long day or we get into a vicious circle!!
I was thinking of trying short AM long PM but I'm worried about EW and I'm just not sure she will go down! Should i try implementing 1 nap and give a CN if i see her getting OT??
WRT nap lengths, on 1 nap what are the usual OT/UT nap lengths?
Its such an amazing time,watching LO grow into a toddler but its extremely confusing and tiring!!

Offline mommybear!

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2014, 01:44:04 am »
Confusing and tiring...so true!  I'm finding 2 hour total nap time for the day when she sttn.  If she wakes I usually add 20 minutes to 1/2 hour to offset the OT.  But I am still on two naps. 
Georgena what time did she wake in the morning? Does she always wake on her own for naps?

Offline BeeAnn

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2014, 15:18:31 pm »
Hi.  Just jumping on here as S is going through the 2-1 Nap transition and I am interested in hearing what tactics other people are using as I am not too sure where to go from here!

Now S does a short capped half hour morning nap after 3hrs 45 A time and a 1.5hr nap in the afternoon after another 3 hrs 15 A time.  Then it is about 3 hrs 15 A time until BT.   

Nursery seem to have most babies napping from 12.30 for a couple of hours and am wondering whether we should try to align her naps so that she naps longer as now her afternoon nap is getting interrupted by other babies waking up and playing. 

I just don't know what to do next in terms of changing her nap times / lengths and I just can't imagine how it can work without her getting OT!!  What have you all done and what have your experiences been?

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2014, 15:44:36 pm »
Mommybear, usually she wakes between 06h15 and 06h45
Yesterday went like this
NW 21h only settled @ 11h30, (had EBT)
WU 06h30
Nap (in buggy) 10h30 untill 11h10
Nap 16h10 untill 16h45
BT 19h30
STTN
WU 06h45
So all in all not a bad day or night!
Although the first nap was not planned to be at that time but think she was tired from a long NW!

And today she just went down now at 13h15!! She has been swimming and is usually screaming for a nap straight away but not today!!
As for waking her, 90% of the time i have to wake her from her CN and started waking her from her AM nap after 1hr10 mins to keep 2nd nap in tact, if i left her for that 1st nap she would usually wake herself after 1hr30 but thats short for a 1 nap day no???
Im leaving her to sleep now, hopefully she will nap for 2hrs and that would be perfect, if she wakes before 1hr30 i will resettle.
Every day is different at the moment which is why im so lost on A times, and it doesnt vary by half an hour or so, its soooo different each day!! I tried 1 nap days a few weeks back and i just got an OT grump on my hands with EW!! Could it be that just a few weeks could make a difference??

BeeAnn, how old is your LO? Welcome to the club!!

Offline BeeAnn

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2014, 16:30:12 pm »
Hi. My LO is 13 months old.

Offline Bluetile

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:05 am »
Hi all - my lo is nearly 15-months old & sleeps independently but takes a while to settle for naps (often 45 mins/1 hr but can be more).

She's having 2-naps of 1 hr each & I just don't know how to move to 1 nap which would make the day so much easier.
I can shift her am nap say 30 mins later to 10:30 but she still just sleeps 1 hr which obviously isn't enough & we have terrible NW if she misses her pm nap.

Obviously if the am nap is shifted later & later it makes the pm nap so much more difficult - Tracy doesn't say how to deal with this problem & when to drop the pm nap?

Should I start capping the am nap? I thought I should be trying to make the am nap later & longer & then dropping the pm nap but from reading this board this doesn't seem to be the way most people do it?

I can't do EBT because of dd1's regular afterschool sport / dance - any advice greatfully received x

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2014, 13:33:47 pm »
Which nap is she resisting and on what A times?  If it's the pm nap she's struggling with I'd cap the am one, yes.  We did 30 minutes in the morning and 1.5 hours in the afternoon with my oldest for a long time.  Jack passed through that stage quite quickly and then i started concentrating on getting a long late morning nap and then letting him sleep in the mid-late afternoon only if he needed it.  But by the time we did that he could handle one nap ok so it didn't matter so much if he refused a pm nap.

Offline Bluetile

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2014, 15:48:11 pm »
Thanks I might try that - it just feels a bit cruel waking her up @ 30 mins when she's got herself so snuggly & settled  :)

It's generally the pm nap that she resists, but it varies & she can be completely unpredictable, I'm keeping a log to try & find a natural sleep pattern for her at at the mo she's just a random kid!

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2014, 17:34:36 pm »
I know what you mean!  I used to do that nap in the car or buggy quite often - meant I could go out for most of a day.  Freedom!  Was easier to wake them up that way, too.