Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 123443 times)

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #480 on: August 15, 2005, 17:37:05 pm »
Okay. I'm going to go start  a thread there- I'll title it "Training 9-12 months", alright?
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #481 on: August 15, 2005, 17:46:36 pm »
I'm all for doing this as a group effort!  I thought I maybe the only one interested. 

Kathy, I think you would be fine to start if you wanted as long as Jadyn is sitting well, although why would she want to sit when she can so easily pull herself up  :D .  The book I read broke things out into sections ie 0-6 months :shock: and then 6-18 months, etc...  It also talks about how babies do develop control of the muscles at anywhere from 6-9 months.
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2005, 18:29:39 pm »
I'm in on the potty training!  :D  See you there!

Sharon

oh and we're having TERRIBLE sleep problems too! She pulls up on everything all day and night.... :?  :wink:

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #483 on: August 15, 2005, 18:37:09 pm »
'Con'-man is almost 9 months old...but I don't think he's ready...he can sit up okay, but can't sit himself up, and launches himself backwards or sideways just for the fun of it sometimes...can't crawl...can't pull himself up...I think he's got a good thing going, he just gets mommy to do all this for him...

Tooth # 6 is breaking through...he's having a rough go of it...he's even got the runny-poo-poos to go along with it...I've read that alot of you swear by motrin..we have been using tylenol, but I went out and bought some motrin today..we will give it a try this evening........

Jill

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2005, 18:43:18 pm »
Yeah, love that motrin. wish I'd heard about it with teeth 1 and 2! Thankful I did find it, though!

Okay all you early pt'ers! Join me in "Toddler: Potty training: Toilet Training at 9-12Months"

Anyone got an early walker or an older sibling out there? How long did your little one take to go from standing to first steps?
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #485 on: August 15, 2005, 18:55:52 pm »
gee, you turn your back for one second on this thread and you have to invest an hour to read all the pages you missed!!  it's great.  i'm glad we seem to have a lively, active one!!

kathy-that picture of jadyn is adorable.  we too recently dropped the df cold turkey.  gigi was refusing it while she was sleeping, so i figured that was the sign she was done.  she woke up super early the first few days that it was dropped.  she was hungry.  but i think now her body has adjusted and she is sleeping 7:30-at least 7:00!!!  woohoo!

Sheila-gianna woke screaming her head off too for about 3 nights in a row.  i guess it was when she was around 7 months or so.  i would go in and just pat her back and try to calm her.  then i'd try to walk out.  i think it was sep anxiety because when i'd try to leave, she'd scream harder.  so i was staying til she fell asleep.  sometimes this was hours.  but eventually it got less and less.  now she is still waking, but cries only 1-2 seconds, then goes back to sleep.  the books i mentioned in my last few posts give some helpful ways to deal with this.

phoebe-we alternated nights giving motrin and tylenol for about 2-3 weeks until her teeth were fully in. 

jen-we too are thinking about early potty training.  i will have to get that book you suggested.  it can't hurt to start now...i just have to go get a potty seat.

jill-gianna is 8.5 months and not crawling either.  not even a hint that she is going to make any sort of independent movement before she is able to vote!!!  sometimes it worries me, especially with all the mobile babies on this thread, but i am trying to take it in stride.

see you all in the potty training thread!

Offline hannah'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2005, 19:47:04 pm »
hello ladies,
Well hannah has joined the night waking club...just when I was getting comfortable sleeping all night again. You forget quickly how trying and tired getting out of bed multiple times in the night makes you, even if it is just to go into the next room and tell them that they are okay.

It's amazing the developmental differences between the babies. Hannah only has one tooth and I keep reading about all these babies work on teeth 6,7 and 8. I can't believe we have 19 more to go.

Jill and Gigismom-Hannah isn't crawling yet either. I think it's because she's pretty laid back. She will pull herself up and loves to stand. She can't get herself into the seated position by either. Doctors say she is health and happy baby. I guess she will hit all the milestones when she is ready.

My mom encouraged me to buy a potty a few months back. She started my sister and I when we were 5 months. She said she wasn't potty training us at that time she was just adding a new activity to our routine. That's the way I look at it too. It's just another activity we do. So, right now all I do is put her on the potty first thing in the morning when I change her and I read to her there. Night time before her bath she sits on it again and we sing songs. In another month or so I will put her on it 1/2 after every meal and everytime she drinks something. There will be no pressure at all to perform.

Here is a picture of Hannah looking very serious outside

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #487 on: August 15, 2005, 22:21:21 pm »
That picture is SO sweet!!! 

I am on board with the potty training thread!  Can't wait!   :)
Sheila
ng

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #488 on: August 15, 2005, 23:50:49 pm »
Ok Everyone's got me wanting to try the potty training thing.  Kathy are you going to try now or wait until 9 months?  I figure we could start together since our dds were born on the same day.

Nightwakings are driving me crazy.  They would happen right after I had to return to work.  :? Just when I thought we were making progress on that, it took Susana almost an hour to fall back to sleep last night.  Up from 35 min. the night before.  It was so tempting to just go hold her but I stuck with just sitting by her crib.  I even gave her the Motrin right when I went in her room thinking it might help her go to sleep faster, but no luck.

She was back at the sitter's today.  Took one 45 min nap in the morning and an even shorter one in the afternoon.   :(   She napped in the car on the way home.  Then tonight I had to go sit in her room before she would fall asleep.  The past two nights she went right down on her own.  I have talked to the sitter about the methods I'm trying to use, but I get the feeling she's only half listening.  I hope it works out because I don't know who else we could get to keep her at this point.  Anyone else have any problems with babysitter's being consistent?
Phoebe

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2005, 01:41:10 am »
What a darling picture of Hannah!! I love seeing the babies on here and what they look like. :D

Phoebe - I am going to start kinda potty training.  I pretty much know when she's going to go poop so I might as well put her on the potty when she first wakes as fun time, like Hannah's mom.  I will also put her on the potty at nighttime before bath as well.  Let me know if you want to do also.  We will keep each other posted. :wink:

I have to work a full day tomorrow 9-5:30pm and I am not looking forward to it.  I will have to pump at least once and I hate that she will have to take 2bottles and not bf from me. :(

Jadyn's solids for dinner is going great finally.  She ate & ate & ate tonight!!  I think she ate 5tbls of barley, 2cubes of veggies, 2cubes of peaches, about 10 chex pieces!!  She ate it all up.  Now if I can just get her to do that for breakfast & lunch.  I was cracking up yesterday.  I made her cereal and gave her a bite or two and then left to go & get her sippy cup.  I came back and could not find the cereal bowl & spoon.  It was nowhere.  I thought I was losing my mind!!  Finally I see Jadyn's hands all gooey :lol:  SHe had pretty much grabbed it and dumped it all over her.  She's pretty quick getting into things.  I should know better.

Well, she's down for the night and she was 'mmmmming' so I gave her Tylenol & Orajel.  She cried for about 10 mins off & on and finally fell asleep.  Hope she will sleep ok without her df. 

Here's some sleeping vibes for all you nightwaking babies.

Kathy

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2005, 12:58:18 pm »
I'll join.  Mil been pressuring me to get her tp.  Apparently she takes care of dh's niece and she hates changing the diapers.  Sil got an earful everyday until her dd was finally tp after 10-11 mos at 22 mos.  I hope dd doesn't take that long to be trained.  I'm so excited...got to get a potty.  What are you ladies using?

phoebe - I'm with you her as well.  DD fell asleep in the car on the way home.  I drove an extra 20min to let her sleep as she has not been sleeping v well for naps or bedtime.

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #491 on: August 16, 2005, 13:14:42 pm »
Gee, am I the only one NOT interested in potty training right now? :?  :shock:  It would be nice to have both out of diapers, there's just too much else going on!  Praying we have the same experience potty training Z that we did with Stephen!  I had no problem training him just before he was 2.

We haven't been dealing with nightwakings, but he is waking at 7 (we put him down between 8:30 and 9 at night) and nurses then goes straight back to sleep.  It kinda screws with our day and when he does this, I can't schedule his and Stephen's naps at the same time.  Which means I'm "on duty" every second of the day or with only a short break.  Yesterday, he took a 3.5 hour nap and ended up skipping a feed AND lunch.  I thought for sure he would wake EARLY this morning, but he slept straight thru to 7 again.

Nothing terribly new here.  He can finally get himself into the sitting position from the crawling position.  And when I sing "Wheels on the Bus", he starts waving his arms in the air.....so cute!
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2005, 22:51:24 pm »
Well good news.  Susana slept throught the night last night.  She also took two fairly good naps today at the babysitter's.  Let's hope tonight goes well too.   :)

I guess I need to go get a potty this weekend.  I'd like to try this.  I figure the sooner we're out of diapers the better.  I went and bought a box at Sam's Club today and the price has gone up $5 since a month ago!  I'll just have to read a bit about it and see if I can manage it while working.  Mybe I can get my sitter to help out.

Susana is pulling up on everything!  I'm getting scared she's going to walk early.  Not really wanting that to happen too soon.  She has learned to "dance".  It is so cute, she just kind of bops around when music is playing.

:D

We had kind of a scare tonight.  She started choking on a piece of cereal.  I could see it in the back of her throat, but was scared to reach in because I didn't want to push it farther back.  She was coughing so I left her alone and she finally cleared it, bu tit was a little scary.  I really need to renew my CPR and first aid certification just in case.

Hope everyone sleeps well.
Phoebe

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #493 on: August 17, 2005, 00:46:00 am »
Peter has a new trick - pulling himself up  :D   He had been pulling himself up to his knees for the past week or so, but just this evening he went all the way to standing.  I suppose this means I am in for him doing this all the time like Jadyn and Ella Rose...and given how much he liked to roll when he discovered he could do that, I think I will be in for big trouble....

Phoebe - how scary about the cereal incident.  Glad she is okay.
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline caljaccol

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #494 on: August 17, 2005, 01:02:03 am »
Wow I won't even try to catch up!

Dd has yet another ear infection :(   The Dr. isn't sure if the one from July just didn't clear up completely or whether it is a new one.  It doesn't help that she is popping 4  :shock:  top teeth through at the same time.  So aside from an ear infection, her mouth hurts and she has a nasty rash on her bum :cry:   Why is it htat some kids are just more prone to them then others (my other kids were 2 before they had their first)

Did read about the cereal incident.  How scary.  A good infant/Toddler first-aid course is truly a lifesaver.  My dd is into EVERYTHING the plants, a piece of who knows what under the table, grass, .......  I am constantly fishing something out of her mouth.

As for potty training, as soon as she can walk (which I think could be any day now :roll: ) we are going to start.  My experience has been that the earlier I start the easier it is.  I stupidly listened to my mil and waited on training dd2 and she was the hardest (and still isn't the best) to potty train.  It is much easier when they haven't already got set on their ways :!:

We finally put our new crib together and dd is/was sleeping 13 straight at night.  Up until now she had been in the bassinet and then the playpen. She is having the best time pulling herself up in the morning.
Dawn
Sahm to: dd 7, dd 5.5, ds 4.5, dd 3 years, dd 15 months