Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122948 times)

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2005, 20:10:38 pm »
mom to ree, what items are in your treasure basket?  dd is getting bored with hers.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2005, 22:00:32 pm »
That's funny...we just discovered this! Dd's toys are in little baskets under the TV (where the vcr and stuff was) and she recently started pulling them out and taking out her toys one by one then putting them back in.  :lol: She doesn't seem to really "care" what's inside, it's more like the discovery of it all is what's fun!

We're having a tough day again. Dd wouldn't go down for her first nap (tried for over an hour) then finally went to sleep at noon for only 40 minutes!!  :shock: It's now 3pm and still no sleep. Needless to say we're all tired. Thank goodness it's the weekend and dh is here!

Take care,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #362 on: July 31, 2005, 23:05:09 pm »
I can totally relate to the whining.  Susana does it a lot!  I'm hoping once her teeth are through she'll stop, but I'm starting to think it has more to do with frustration than anything else. 

I'd like to hear more about the treasure basket too.  I have a basket of toys in the living room for Susana, but she never seems interested in them for long.  She'd much rather go after things she's not supposed to have like the cat, hairballs, the remote......

She pulled up in her crib again today.  She had the funniest little grin on her face when she did it.  She's also doing really well getting into a sitting position from her tummy.  I'm really going to miss all these little milestones being back at work.  I just keep telling her she has to save them for the weekends.
 :wink:

Hope everyone has a great night!
Phoebe

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2005, 02:31:23 am »
Our treasure basket has all the "non toy" toys.  There is lots of kitchen stuff; measuring cups, measuring spoons, garlic press brush, new scrub brush, plastic baster, those small bags of cereal (one of her favorites) and the boxes seperated, more spoons, tuperware, lids.  There rest is just random stuff; a new flip flop, old medicine bottles filled with big pasta, rice, stuff that makes noise but she wouldn't choke on, a diaper (funny but she loves it), old remotes, old phones, weekly pull box, a sock, different ribbons, sunglass case, personal tape player, headphones, a couple purses that have different textures, zippers, buttons, and snaps. 

Really I just go around the house and look for non-choking hazards that are different textures.  When I see that she likes something I try to add it if I don't think that it would hurt her.  I try to add somehting new everyday.  I swear she likes it better than any of her toys!  She takes stuff out one by one or sometimes dumps it and then goes through it.  Have fun with it!
Ree November 2004

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2005, 02:36:00 am »
Those ideas are AWESOME! Thank you! What a great mummy you are...  :D We will definitely be making one!

Would you believe dd didn't sleep more than that 40 minutes today??!! I don't know what is happening! Wish us luck for tomorrow!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2005, 23:08:58 pm »
That is a great idea!  My sister also gave her child a lot of everyday items to play with.  They definitely seem to like them better than all those noisy toys that grandma buys. :wink: I can't wait to start a basket for Susana.
Phoebe

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2005, 00:20:22 am »
Hey ladies!!

wow!!! Jadyn was busy, busy!!!!  :D

I am kind of right with everyone with the teething, though the top two have finally popped all the way through and she's a much happier little girl.  However, this weekend she's developed a horrendous cough and a slight fever  :(   It just breaks my heart to see my kids sick, I wish i could go through it for them  :cry:   She's been a trooper though, wakes every now and again when she has a coughing spell but goes right back to sleep.  I had her sleep in her car seat for naps as that seemed to lessen the coughing.  I elevated her crib for at night..but she just kept rolling to the other end, so I took the pillow out from under the mattress and she still did great. Whew!!!

Guess what.....she took about an ounce from her straw cup today!! Yipee!!!! :D   And she has finally started putting some of her zwieback into her mouth and figuring out how to chew.

For all you guys having some issues with the short naps....I think it is developmental.  John was an excellent napper and then at 8 mos it went to 45 minutes so we were back to tweaking everything again. Luckily after about a month, things when back to normal, so chins up everyone  :D

Hope everyone has a great week!!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2005, 00:55:24 am »
Noelle...that picture is adorable!  :lol:  Sorry your lo is sick... but great with the straw cup! Maybe we should try that instead...

We are in the middle of changing our schedule to "suit" a nine month old. Along with Cazao and Mimi. You can see the post if you'd like in the nap thread.

Also just wanted to say we made our treasure chest today. It's a basket with a lid (lined with material) and we put a diaper  :wink: an old calculator (closest thing to a remote) some spoons and cups and bowls, a tinfoil baking dish, a plastic turtle, glasses case, some little purses from china town with zippers, a fuzzy pink sock and a sippy cup sealed with barley in it. (finally found a use for those stupid sippy's!  :lol: ) Can't remember what else but she LOVES it! So thank you again for the fabulous idea!
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2005, 02:54:16 am »
Hi guys,

Oh, poop!!! :x  :? I just wrote a whole page and it's all gone!!!

Sharon - That's great about her tooth coming out on top.  Maybe her sleep will smooth out?  Sounds like she's going to try to go to 1 nap.  :shock: 
That's funny about you feel like you know Jadyn.  I feel the same way about Ella & the babies on this thread.  That's why I love to see new pictures of 'our' babies.  I love your new pic.  I gotta get a new one.

Noelle - Sorry about your lo's cough & fever.  Poor thing.  I know what you mean by wanting to take on their sickness.  Last night Jadyn couldn't breathe well because her nose was stuffy, I noticed I was holding my breath, too.   That's awesome about her using a straw.  Yay :D

MomtoRee - THat's such a great idea about the treasure chest.  I've got to get busy.  I know one thing I'm going to put in there:  a leather wallet, just like Daddy's with fake credit cards all in it.  She loves his wallet.

Phoebe - I bet the grin on her face when she pulled up was sooo cute.  I can almost see her!! :lol:  Don't worry.  She will do ALL of her milestones when  you are at home. :wink:

Lindsey - That's great about your decision and that you can buy insurance if you change your mind.  Who will watch Gianna if you went without him?

I'm going to go & get some fresh peaches so I can freeze them & give them to Jadyn.  She seems to like fruit only if it's cut up in bits, not pureed. 

Kathy

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2005, 12:01:47 pm »
Well...Connor is starting to take to a sippy cup now...he can hold onto it really well, and he knows that he has to tip it up..but as for getting the drink out of it, it is more of a game than anything right now...

We start home renovations tomorrow...we have a small bungalow, and we find already that Connor's toys and stuff take up a lot of room...we are finishing the basement to be a recroom, laundry room and (this is the most exciting)...a real TOY ROOM for Connor...

It will be interesting to see how he makes out with his naps with all of the hammering and banging, though....we may have to go for drives to get him to nap....

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2005, 12:18:28 pm »
/Sigh! Last night Morgan woke up at 2 wimpering and whinning and I guess w.o even thinking I went right in there picked her up and started rocking. All of a sudden I thought why am I in here, she isnt sick, clean diaper. She just woke up and couldnt get herself back to sleep. Then my husband tells me I have been rocking her back to sleep ALL week!! I was so mad at myself. So I put her down and told her she was ok and that mommy had to go and she had to go night night all by herself. She fake cried for about a good 20 mins, no tears..you could so tell it was fake. Then she fell asleep and slept till 7:40 AM. I just cant believe Ive been rocking her back all week! Guess her and I both got used to it from when she was teething and woke up really crying. Looks like I gotta be the tough one this week. Its so hard. Ill let ya know how she does tonight!
   About the treasure chest! Morgan has one, with the close to the same items. Some old easter eggs ( plastic of course ) wooden spoon and yogurt containers with diff nosey items in them. She loves them. In fact when we are out and she is in the shopping cart, she rather hold a plastic baby spoon then any other toy of hers, its so neat. But yes all she wants is the remote to the TV and the cordless phones, go figure!
   Anyone else ben putting there LO in the bigger kid car seat?? Morgan is so happy to sitting up in the car finally! Im just happy I finally picked one out I like.
    All of the baby pics look GREAT! Ill have to update mine today, the one on here is from 2 months!

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2005, 12:28:58 pm »
MorganLeigh:  We finally had to put Connor in a bigger car seat last week...we kept holding off because of the convenience of him being the 'infant bucket' so we didn't have to disturb him if he was napping, but he was W-A-Y-Y-Y TOO big for it..

I don't know if you are Canadian or not, or if you are from the States what the laws are, but we have to have them in the rear facing position until at least 1 year old...and most car seats are rear-facing up to 20 lbs, but he is 24 lbs, so we had to get a particular car seat that allowed for 30 lbs rear facing, then convert to forward facing...so the shopping was a bit of a pain, and it was a little more expensive, but the one we go will do rear up to 30 lbs, forward up to 40 lbs, then booster seat up to 80 lbs.

He loves looking around out the side and rear windows...I didn't think he would like being upright, but he enjoys it, and he still snoozes back there..........

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2005, 12:32:37 pm »
What is the fascination with REMOTE CONTROLS!!...seems to be the only thing that will distract Connor is he is upset, and he will roll across anywhere to get to one....I thought it was just 'cause he is male....

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2005, 22:43:31 pm »
gianna's fascination is with cell phones...maybe it's cause she's FEMALE!!

kathy-if we go to europe without her, my parents will watch her.  she loves them and they are generally understanding of keeping her on her routine.

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2005, 22:45:34 pm »
i forgot to ask...how bad is the whining at everyone's houses?  it is nearly unbearable over here.  i don't know if it is teeth or what...she is driving me insane!

also, i must admit, we have a good looking bunch of babies on this thread.  i love all the new pics.