Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122952 times)

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #390 on: August 04, 2005, 01:12:22 am »
momtoree-gianna's not crawling either.  she can't get her butt off the ground.  crawling is actually considered an optional skill, so don't worry.  gianna is whining big time...i can't put her down.  and we have company this week, so they are going to leave thinking she is the biggest brat they have ever seen!

sheila-yes, the symptoms you described sound like gianna's when she is teething.  we go for the motrin or tylenol before bedtime.  if she wakes in the night from pain, i give her more.

alli-the only thing that has ever worked for diaper rash at our house is "boudreaux's butt paste"...it's great.

morgan's mom- the awake time at our house is 2.5 to 3 hours.

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #391 on: August 04, 2005, 11:47:18 am »
Recap of yesterday....

Connor isn't bothered by the construction going on in the basement...I'm so excited about him having his own little playroom...

He started taking to the sippy cup...

He learned how to clap his hands on his own...

He slept from 10:00 to 4:30 am (the 2nd night in a row...two nights without the hourly wakeup and the 1:00 feed)...

And...He BIT me....that's right, got all silly and excited, reached over and chomped down on my arm...left marks...still have faint marks this morning.

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #392 on: August 04, 2005, 11:59:55 am »
Awww Connor is clapping! Morgan does that too :) She even did it at the Dr. Office so of course everyone knows she is doing well there! How long will the construction last?
Well last night Morgan wouldnt go down till about 9, this is our problem, she needs to be asleep by 7:30/8 at the lastest! She so wants to wait for daddy to come home though and I want them to have time together too so I let her. But no more, Im gonna make her sleep at 7:30! Her night time has been so messed up. Sleep at 9, sometimes wake once for a short whine session and awake at 6:45. Thats not enough sleep for her age! And we all know bad sleep can lead to bad naps..but Im gonna break the cycle! Bless her lil baby heart, she woke up at around 6 today so Im gonna have to try and keep her awake till 9/9:30, will actually be tough on me because I had less sleep. Way off topic my husband got a promotion. YAY! But now he has so much on his mind he has been talking in his sleep! Driving me up the wall. So I have her whinning and him giving me orders in me sleep! Least he gets sleep, someone in this house has to!
*edit! Yay for Connor and his sippy cup, heh I cant even find Morgan's she just throws em around! How did he finally take it?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #393 on: August 04, 2005, 17:13:26 pm »
Yay Connor...for the clapping and the sleeping  :D  :wink:

Zoë's front two teeth are barely through, but she is now clicking/grinding them together with her bottom ones??? :shock:   It sounds awful...and can this possibly be good for them?  EEkk...hopefully it's just a new novelty that will wear off soon.

Zoë still isn't taking solids very well at all...and yet has reduced her bottles to 2-4 oz most of the time...though at her last bottle at 6:30 she'll take up to 13 oz..wowzers.  So my plan is instead of a bottle at 11:00 to give her solids first and anything she wants to drink from her sippy...today she took one ounce and ate 3/4 of a jar of stage 1 squash.  Now since she took a 45min AM nap, she usually will take a 2.5-3 hr nap.  I'm curious to see if she'll wake up early hungry.  If so, then I'll give her her bottle....that should do her until dinner at 5:30.  I hoping this way she'll get better with solids and maybe up her formula consumption at the same time??  Geez...you'd think that since this is my second I'd have some sort of clue  :roll:

Hey Nathan's mommy....how did last night go?  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #394 on: August 04, 2005, 21:34:52 pm »
Hi all

MorganLeigh - Congrats on your husband's promotion.  My husband has a lot going on with his job as well, but rather than talking in his sleep, he snores, kicks his legs, moves all over the bed and is just non-stop!!!  It's really funny because Jadyn is so much like her daddy that she even sleeps (kicks, snores, rolls all over) like him.  Do you wonder sometimes if Morgan 'waits' for her daddy to come home & won't go to sleep?  Last night Jadyn did not want to go to sleep and when my husband finally came home (8pm), she finally went to sleep after he patted her down. :roll:

Noelle - Yeah for Zoë's front teeth coming out.  We are still barey showing just one of the top tooth.  Can't wait for it to just come on out.  Let us know how your plan of dropping the bottle at 11 and giving solids go.  I am getting to the point of where I just don't give her any solids except Cheerios for breakfast & lunch.  I guess since she does eat pretty decent for dinner I can't complain.

Jill - Wow Connor!!  So much going on, sippy cup, clapping his hands,
sleepping without the hourly wakeup :D  What did you do or say when he bit you on your arm? When Jadyn bites me during bf, I will take her off & say "ow" loudly.  She just looks at me for a few seconds and then grins. :lol:  I don't think she gets it that it hurts.  It is pretty cute though the look on her face when she grins.

Sharon, Cazao - I've been following the thread on your lo's long waketime and naps.  How's it going?  For some reason Jadyn has decided that she's going to have 6ish as her "NEW" wake up time.  Ok.  30-45 mins is not that big of a deal but it seems like she's getting up earlier & earlier, 10mins or 20mins earlier in the mornings.  This is the 3rd day of waking before 7am.  I wonder if I should put her to sleep after 7:30pm.  Her wake times for her first nap is 2.45mins and 3hrs for the second nap.  She's awake from 3:30 til bedtime at 7:30 (4hr waketime) and she acts really sleepy til I put her in her crib.  Then that's where she rolls & puts her butt up in the air and sits up and plays with her paci for 30mins or so.  She doesn't cry.  She just has a blast in her crib. :P  Wonder if I go ahead & make her bedtime at 8pm, that will help???  Let me  know how you guys are doing with your babies.

Kathy

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2005, 01:21:34 am »
Yeah for Connor taking the sippy cup!  Ree went through a stage where she would bite anything on me that she could get her mouth on, including when she was nursing.  She would laugh when I would say no and go in for teh kill again.  She finally outgrew it, thankfully! 

We had a great night last night!  She slept for 10 hours got up, ate and then slept for another 2!  It was so nice.  I really needed that.  Work has been stressful and busy.  I can't image if I had to work everyday.  I just hope that it can continue.  I thought that it would screw up her naps but she still took two that were almost an 1 1/2. 

She has started eating carrots that I cut up and she loves them.  She also ate peas and green beans.  Since she is refusing teh spoon I had to do something.  We are still working on teh sippy cup but she does get a couple sips in at the meals. 

Good luck getting lots of sleep tonight!
Ree November 2004

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2005, 01:27:04 am »
Hey MomtoRee....I was wondering...what age did you start giving finger foods??  Zoe doesn't take to solids/baby foods very well at all and am wondering if maybe finger foods is the way to go?

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2005, 02:07:56 am »
noelle-gianna is grinding her top and bottom teeth big time.  it sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard...it gives me the creeps.  she does it all day...in between whining of course.  i guess it is just the new sensation in their mouths.  i hope she stops soon!

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2005, 02:37:11 am »
Thanks Lindsey!! And that is what is sounds like! Chalk, ack!!!  The hair on my neck is standing up just thinking about it  :lol:   Here's hoping it gets old soon!!!  :wink:

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2005, 02:44:06 am »
I so wish Morgan would drink from her sippy cup! Well she was in bed 7:30! Ill let ya know how this plays out on her naps tomorrow! Yay! Get lots of sleep ladies.

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #400 on: August 05, 2005, 12:24:31 pm »
Ok, was in bed by 7:30. But for some reason my angel who slept through the night at 3 months is now waking twice a night at least! First time I went in there calmed her down and pat/shh till she drifted. Second time i let her whine it out. This is driving me crazy! I just want it to pass. I feel for my DH, our house is so small and he can hear everything and he works hard hours and when I let her whine/cry it out Im sure he is wide awake for those 10/20 mins. Well she did sleep till close to 7, so if ya count the close to almost an hour she was awake lastnight Id say she got a good amount of sleep at least. Maybe naps will go smoothly!

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #401 on: August 05, 2005, 14:53:32 pm »
I think that I started giving the veggie and fruit puffs around the age of your lo.  She would eat one or two after every meal.  She didn't do really great for a while gettign them in her mouth but she is a pro at it now.  I knew that she was ready because she was mushing her food around in her mouth.  If Zoe is mushing her food around then I would say to try something that dissolves like teh Gerber puffs. 

Does anybody have any finger foods that there lo really likes.  I'm looking for some new ideas since the spoon strike is still on!

We had a great night in bed at 7:30, up at 3 to eat, and then up at 6:30.  That is so much better than the 5:30.  She is actually down for a nap so I am hoping that it is a good one.
Ree November 2004

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #402 on: August 05, 2005, 18:25:00 pm »
Unfortunately, Connor doesn't like finger foods (except for the Farley's Cookies) because they turn to mush instantly.  Anything with 'texture' so far makes him gag and throw up....

I tried the cheerios...it was fun for him until he started to actually try eating them, then he threw up...it was nasty...I will try again in a few weeks...he's got a real gag reflex.....

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #403 on: August 05, 2005, 18:34:05 pm »
morgan's mom- gianna was sleeping through the night too from 3-6months.  then it all changed.  she wakes a lot now.  although the past week or so has been pretty good.  when she does wake, i just try to let her settle herself.  if she can't or is getting really mad, i just do a no-nonsense pat on her tummy, no talking or eye  contact.  i do this and try walking away.  sometimes she goes right back to sleep.  other times she is awake for 2 hours!  very frustrating.  i don't know what to do either other than ride it out and try not to do any accidental parenting along the way.  is morgan getting teeth that might be painful at night?  it seems that gianna wakes less when we give her meds before bed?

by the way everyone, how often and for how long are you guys giving your lo's meds for teething?  we give it every night before bed, as my pediatrician said it is safe to give for a really long time if it is only once a day...but it just seems like a lot??

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #404 on: August 05, 2005, 19:25:08 pm »
Lindsey - Do you give Gianna Tylenol or Motrin?  Does she seem to do better with one or the other?  I give Jadyn Motrin before bedtime pretty much daily for the past week.  Today was horrible for her teething.  Her top tooth is out!!! Yeah!!  But she seems to be in a lot of pain.  She just cried, not whine, just hurt cry :cry: I felt her forehead and she was sooo hot.  Her temperature was only 100.4 but she felt like hotter than that to me.  She also had very runny nose and she kept on trying to feel her tooth!  She was so miserable.  Her naps are good though (1.30min), which I'm very surprised.  She has finally kicked the 45min wake 99% of the time.  I hope I didn't jinx it!  :wink:

MomtoRee - As for fingerfood, I went & bought some Chex and she seems to like it and actually put it in her mouth and ate it.  Cheerios are a little bit smaller so she doesn't actually make it to her mouth.  I cut up some fresh peaches and she ate it up.  Also she loves to eat bananas if I hold it and let her bite from it.  I think my next batch of food I will make some carrots & sweet potatoes and cut it in small chunks rather than puree them.  She does like avacados but they are so expensive ($1.75 ea).

Hope all these nightwakings will soon pass!!

Kathy