Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122928 times)

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2005, 20:50:54 pm »
Kathy if you're having some problems still with milk intake I would consider dropping the df... how long has she been on solids now? When we dropped the df her milk intake had gone down. After dropping it it went back up. (more at each feed) Then when it went back down again we dropped the 11 am (about a week now I guess, maybe a bit more) and now she is back up to 8oz. bottles again. But only three. Though it's so much easier to be sure when you can count ounces! She also eats three meals a day and has cheddar cheese, cottage and yogurt so she gets calcium from that. Her cereal has formula in it too and of course I know she's getting her iron from the formula. I'm afraid it's not much help to you in that respect...

Phoebe, dd has been whiny for months now!  :lol: It fluctuates. And when she's teething she literally whines ALL day!!! Like now!  :) We just keep changing the "scenery" and hope for the best. I do also believe it's related to mobility and frustration at the lack of. I remember one thing Tracy said in one of her books too that their wee muscles get sore, like after we've worked out, when they're becoming mobile.

Talk to you all soon,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2005, 22:18:14 pm »
quick post before making dinner.

Sharon - Thanks for all the advice!! I do wish I could I could measure her intake.  I'm going to try not giving her solids for another 3 days & see how it goes.

Phoebe - I went on the internet & found this website for signing.  It's free.  http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm  Some others wanted to charge and I wasn't really interested in those.  Only thing about this one is there's not a sign for 'nurse' as in 'breastfeed'.  I've been asking Jadyn if she wants to nurse but I don't know how to sign it. 
Does anyone know how to do it??  Please let us know if you do.  THanks.

Kathy

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2005, 22:49:05 pm »
Sharon- Glad to know I don't have the only whiny baby out there.  :D

Kathy- Thanks for the website, I'll check it out.  I have a friend who signed to her baby when he was little.  I'll try to give her a call and see if she has any other resources.
Phoebe

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2005, 22:54:24 pm »
whining-yes, we have this!  it was really bad around 4 months, but now goes up and down depending on what is going on...teething, etc.

the mattress-we have not lowered ours, but should even though dd does not seem like she will be capable of moving anytime soon.  jillybeansmith-we call gigi "pork chop" too!  how long do you think she will let me call her that?

Kathy-that is great that the sep. anxiety is getting better and the am wake up are getting later.  gianna's got later, then got early again, and today we are back to 7 am.  so don't be discouraged if she wakes early again for a few days.  hopefully they will get later again.  for a nursing sign, we just do the sign for "milk".

phoebe-when gigi wakes early from her afternoon nap, we give a catnap too.  on the days she doesn't get the catnap, she also wakes about 40 mins after going to bed.  what do you do when your lo does this?

sharon-how are you doing on quitting smoking?  yes, we do have to commit to the trip soon so my mil can buy the tix at a reduced rate.  at the risk of sounding ungrateful, i still don't want to go!

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #319 on: July 25, 2005, 23:13:00 pm »
Lindsey - I wait a few minutes to see if she can go back to sleep on her own.  She usually doesn't, so I go in and hold her for a few minutes.  She'll calm right down and go back to sleep.  I tried PU/PD a couple of times, but she gets really upset and would stay up until 8:30 or so.  I know I probably shouldn't hold her, but she goes back to sleep so much quicker that way.   I figure if we get the catnap permanently phased out, then I can work on getting her to get back to sleep on her own.
Phoebe

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2005, 14:13:25 pm »
Has anybody had their babies 'swimming'?? I take Connor to an indoor pool once a week, and every week, he gets a little less timid about splashing...it's finally become very fun for him..he splashes his hands, wiggles his bum, and kicks his feet (and if you take  your eyes off of him for 1 second, he dunks his head)...I've never let him go, but it's so much fun to see how everytime he gets a little more comfortable with it.

I'm trying to introduce him to things before he develops the fear for them...

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2005, 00:05:25 am »
Ok, ok - I have been soooooooooooo bad at keeping up with this post - and hope now I'm not intruding, but I so want to know how everyone is doing and to keep with up you guys since they are close to Zoë in age.  So, if you don't mine, could you please indulge me on the following.....I was going to read the entire thread, and holy crap, 33 pages!!!  This way I'll know where we are baby wise (sort of comparing, but not in the bad way...just curious :wink: ).  And I hope to be more active and get to "know" everyone  :D   Thanks!

1.  Crawling - No, doesn't even get on her knees
2.  Standing - No
3.  Sleeping through the night - yep since 7-1/2 weeks (yay lucky me :wink: )
4.  Bottle/Breastfed - Bottle 4X day, averaging 20-23oz
5.  Solids - very little.....usually only 2 TBLS dry of cereal in the AM, 1/2 of jar stage 1 veggies for lunch (if she isn't napping) and 2 TBLS cereal dry for supper.  Tried finger foods....never even brings them to her mouth though any toy goes straight in  :lol:  :shock:
6.  Babbling? - Not really, no mama, dada or gaga, just sort of still screeches AAAHHHH!!!
7.  Sitting up - yep, has done that for a while
8.  Sippy cup? - nope, but am trying
9.  Holds own bottle/cup? Nope, but trying to enourage that too
10.  Teeth?  2 bottom at around 4 mos, the top two are just cutting through
11. Separation Anxiety? - I think there's a little starting
12.  Wake up time in the AM? Use to be 6-6:30, lately 5-5:30 - eeek!!

Feel free to add any other interesting tid bit too  :wink:

Thanks girls, this will help me get back into the "swing" of things  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2005, 00:35:58 am »
I'm fairly new here, but here's what my lo is doing.

1. Crawling - Yes, but still a little frustrated by it.
2. Standing - Has pulled up once in the crib, likes for you to stand her up in front of things.
3. Sleeping through the night - usually
4. Bottle/Breastfed - Bottle 4X day, averaging 20-24oz
5. Solids - just increased, eats about two tbsp cooked cereal with two tbsp fruit in the morning, and a few tbsps of veggies at lunch and dinner, just started lunch today.  Haven't tried finger foods yet.
6. Babbling? - Also screeches a lot, babbles sometimes (says mama a lot :lol:).
7. Sitting up - yep, has done that for a while
8. Sippy cup? - nope, but am trying
9. Holds own bottle/cup? Nope, but trying to enourage that too
10. Teeth? 2 bottom at around 5 mos, I think the top two are coming any day now
11. Separation Anxiety? - I don't know, but she definitely has stranger anxiety
12. Wake up time in the AM? Anywhere from 6:00 to 7:00, but luckily she'll play in her crib for awhile if she wakes up early.
Phoebe

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2005, 00:56:01 am »
I have taken Reegan swimming a few times.  She really likes splashing and floating around but she loves her baths too!  I think the big thing at the pool is watching all teh other kids.  She actually feel asleep in her little babyfloat thing once.  It wasn't her nap time but all the swimming must have worn her out.  It was so cute I hated to get her out!

We are working on getting Reegan to stay on her belly so she will figure out to crawl.  I have learned that if I put a piece of cereal on teh floor she will stay on her belly and push herself forward with her toes to get to it.  Funny she will never do this for a toy but watch out when you pull the food out  :lol: No wonder she is such a chunk! 

Is anybody else still feeding their lo at night?  I think that I still need to for my supply but I think that she needs to cut it out.  I don't know what to do about it.
Ree November 2004

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2005, 01:05:23 am »
When I was still breastfeeding, I kept feeding her at night for the same reason.  When I weaned her, she kept eating at night for a week or so, then kind of quit on her own.  I never did the dream feed, because she has reflux and before it was diagnosed the dream feed would just cause her to wake more often, so I just waited until she woke on her own.  Every once in a while, she still wakes and I will feed her a little bit if she didn't have many ounces during the day.
Phoebe

Offline hannah'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2005, 01:08:07 am »
Hi I just found this thread and find it really interesting...room for one more? Hannah was born Dec 6 during a serious snow storm.  I guess to get started I will provide some information about Hannah.
1. Crawling - Not even close
2. Standing - Won't pull up but will stand and walk if you hold her fingers
3. Sleeping through the night - most nights
4. Bottle/Breastfed - Breastfed 5X a day
5. Solids - 3 meals a day cereal, veggies and fruit just starting meats..she loves baby mum mums (rice cookies)
6. Babbling? - Alot dada, mama, gaga, baba and nana
7. Sitting up - will sit for awhile then through herself backwards
9. Holds own bottle/cup? Nope, but trying to enourage that too
10. Teeth? NO TEETH yet
11. Separation Anxiety? - No separation anxiety will go to anyone
12. Wake up time in the AM? 6:00 am

I am trying to wean DD and she won't have anything to do with a bottle, we are trying the sippy cup but we are stuggling with it too, any idea's?

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2005, 03:52:48 am »
Ooooh this is a great idea!  :D And yes it is hard to compare as we are a group with babes over a three month period and as we all know even a day can change things! But I think it's great to help us know each other's lo's...

So... here's Ella in a nutshell... :wink:

1. Crawling - pushes backwards but over the past two days has been getting up on all fours and also doing a weird "push up"
2. Standing - has pulled up once but wants you to hold her up standing ALL day!
3. Sleeping through the night - most nights
4. Bottle/Breastfed - 3 bottles averaging 24oz
5. Solids - 3 meals a day usually a "food cube" &4 tblsp cereal in am and pm, two cubes at lunch, and sips of water at meals. LOVES finger food and has been refusing the spoon lately
6. Babbling? - mainly dada, some mama, baba and LOTS of screeching and fake coughing and laughing.
7. Sitting up - yes but can't get there by herself
9. Holds own bottle/cup? no to the bottle, yes to a regular plastic cup with water in it
10. Teeth? two bottom teeth and the top two are coming in now.
11. Separation Anxiety? - some but mainly stranger anxiety
12. Wake up time in the AM? all over the map. 11-12 hours after bedtime.

Sorry I have NO idea about sippy cup advice! We've tried soooo many kinds and different ways.. she wants nothing to do with them. Though she will drink out of the cup with no lid at all... I can't see us doing that as she won't be able to coordinate it enough to manage lots of milk!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2005, 06:53:58 am »
What an awesome idea!

1. Crawling - commando/creeping (he is darn fast!) when that doesn't work he just rolls to where he wants to go....
2. Standing - No, I don't even think he is considering it!
3. Sleeping through the night - yep since 9 weeks (lucky me too! )
4. Bottle/Breastfed - Breastfed 4-5x/day
5. Solids -  twice a day - 5 TBLS dry of cereal in the AM and approximately 1/4 cup of fruit and 5 TBLS cereal dry for supper and 1/4 cup of veggies.  We just started trying finger foods today - since he is teething everything goes to his mouth....   
6. Babbling? - Not much, a little dada, really perfers screeching
7. Sitting up - yes - although it took him till 7 months as he has a big head and it was really like sticking a potato on a pencil and expecting it to stay upright...
8. Sippy cup? - not really - some sucess takes around 2 ounces of water a day.
9. Holds own bottle/cup? Does grabbing his sippy cup and promptly dropping it on the floor count?  :D 
10. Teeth? 2 bottom at exactly 6 mos, nada since although his checks are a lovely shade of neon red...
11. Separation Anxiety? - Not yet.
12. Wake up time in the AM? Use to be 5:30, lately 6-6:30  (I so hope this continues!!!!!!)

I am certainly no sippy cup expert. I too have acquired quite the sippy cup collection, but after the suggestion of the registered dietician who put on our health region's "feeding your baby class" I started using the one by Nuby with the silicone top and it has worked pretty well for Peter - it is no spill but a little easier than most of the other non spills that we tried, HTH.
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2005, 11:15:40 am »
Its been months since I have posted as well! Hope everyone is doing great. My DD is now 9 months, baby Morgan!

1. Crawling - Yep, everywhere!
2. Standing - Yes, on her leapfrog table, her crib and on pulls up on coffee table
3. Sleeping through the night - Always has
4. Bottle/Breastfed - Bottle, weaned to 3x a day
5. Solids - twice a day - Pancakes or scramble eggs for breakfast, always with fruit. Hotdog or stage 2 jar for lunch. Stage 3 jat for dinner and a tiny bit of whatever we are eating. She also loves yogurt and Gerber fruit puffs.
6. Babbling? - NA! She says dada, mama, baba, and giggles all day long.
7. Sitting up - Yes
8. Sippy cup? - I wish. Gets huice in a 4 oz bottle, thought I do try the sippy cup first
9. Holds own bottle/cup? Been holding her own bottle since about 6 months, its so nice
10. Teeth? 2 bottom at 4 months. And right now 6 are coming in on top, she is a champ!
11. Separation Anxiety? - With her daddy yes, he works lots!
12. Wake up time in the AM? 6 AM - 7 AM

Yeah learning a sippy cup seems to be hard, she just rubs the rubber spout on her gums. She loves food! Loves her bath and enjoys swimming so much, she too has fell asleep in her float. When standing it seems like she is trying to take steps, Im excited and scared at the same time.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2005, 14:16:43 pm »
Ok here's our lo's 'can& cannot do' things  :D

1. Crawling - Yes, pretty fast when she wants something.  She does cheat by 'leaping'.
2. Standing - Only when you are holding her
3. Sleeping through the night - pretty much since 8wks (except teething times)
4. Bottle/Breastfed - Breastfeed 5x
5. Solids - 1 meal at dinnertime (2cubes of veg, 3 tbls of cereal & 2cubes of fruit)
6. Babbling? - Just screeching and yelling when she gets frustrated.
7. Sitting up - yes, very well and likes to do this when I lay her down for naps for a couple of mins.
8. Sippy cup? - Not really.  I took the plug out & she sucks that way.
9. Holds own bottle/cup? Yes, bottle.  Daddy was very proud & took pics to show Mommy when I got home.
10. Teeth? two bottom teeth and the top ones are coming in, I think.
11. Separation Anxiety? - Better now.  When Daddy is home she wants him to hold & not put her down. 
12. Wake up time in the AM - 7 or 7:15am most of the time.

Her 'crawling' is starting to get out of hand.  I literally caught her at the last second as she was getting off our bed, twice.  :shock:  I put a blanket down on the floor downstairs and she is off to the end to eat the rug that has flowers on it about every 3mins :roll:

Well, today is my BIG 40 day and I'm kinda hohum about it.  My husband is taking me out to eat at my favorite restaurant, got babysitter lined up, had flowers & 3 cards this morning all ready for me.  Also got an hour massage!! Can't wait.

Hope you all are having a good day!

Kathy