Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122596 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #495 on: November 20, 2005, 15:15:24 pm »
okay here is some clarification on the whole "corn syrup" situation and formula.  The premixed liquid formula has 1.9% corn syrup in it.  The powdered, do it yourself canisters, I did not see corn syrup in the ingredients.  So, Adria, I would suggest IF you wanted to do formula at some point, get the powdered and add water.

This has sparked great interest in my brain, so while I was out grocery shopping last night, I took a look at the liquid version.  But in MY opinion, 1.9% corn syrup is not a bad percentage when taking into consideration, that is for the whole container.

Anyway, Cait has been waking at 12:00 am on the dot for the last 3 nights, and I am going insane.  She will only go back to sleep if I hold her, which during the day is no big deal, but at night, it is a bit much.  Hoping it is just a teething issue and not some sort of monster I have created!!!  If I have, get ready to start offering up the advice to help me out!!!

Jodie, Congrats on the sleeping through.  It might be the formula, they say that formula babies do go longer between feedings than breast babies...maybe tank him up at night to sleep through and b/f during the day.  Of course, I know NOTHING of b/f, so I don't know if that is possible.  I can't believe most of our kids are about to be 6 months old!!!  Where did the time go?  (oh...it passed me by while I was sleep walking through my life  :roll: )

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2005, 20:54:28 pm »
Well, ladies, I just had my first weekend away from my little man and I survived!!  I went to visit my best friend (six hours away) and we had a ball.  Of course, I missed my baby TERRIBLY, but how nice it was to sleep for 10 hours uninterrupted!!

When I got home last night he was already in bed and almost asleep.  I made the mistake of putting my hand on him (I JUST WANTED TO TOUCH HIM!) and he rolled over and saw me and started laughing!  BIG BELLY LAUGHS!!!  COMPLETE WITH SQUEALS OF JOY!

Made me feel great to know he missed me as much as I missed him  :wink: His daddy had a ball during his boys' weekend for sure!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #497 on: November 21, 2005, 21:16:50 pm »
Nothing better than knowing how much you are loved and missed, huh???  We missed you too!!  :wink:

Glad to hear you had a great time.  It is so hard for us mom's to just take "us" time, isnt' it?

We have reached another milestone....Cait is holding her own bottle!! Woohoo....makes diaper changing easier when she is screaming bloody murder!!  Anyway, If I shouldn't get the chance to say so later, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!!

bj

Brandy-

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #498 on: November 21, 2005, 22:38:57 pm »
Hi all - just wanted to pop in and say Happy Thanksgiving - we are leaving in the morning for Phoenix and will be gone a week - so we will see you all when we get back!

:D  :D  :D  :D
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #499 on: November 23, 2005, 21:07:56 pm »
Question for bj and any other mom's doing solids....

When are you giving solids, before or after bottle? If anyone could post a sample of their routine, it would be helpful!

Also, how much of each food do you give in one meal?

I would appreciate any advice. Right now we are only doing rice cereal and carrots. I plan to introduce green beans in a couple of days. I am just struggling with when to feed the solids and how much to give. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #500 on: November 23, 2005, 22:30:54 pm »
We started off with just cereal mid morning (about an hour after his second bottle).   Next we added green veggies before his bath, still after his bottle.  Then we added fruit to his morning cereal....a half jar at first.  Gradually, he DEMANDED more fruit (Guess the little guy likes it!).  The rule of thumb that I have stuck to is only doing one thing a time and doing it for a week or more before changing.  Stick with one specific veggie or fruit for that amount of time.  We started off with half a jar each time and now he wants a full jar.  There are no hard fast rules....frustrating though that may be....just do what works for YOUR schedule!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #501 on: November 23, 2005, 22:45:04 pm »
We haven't started solids yet....  so no help here.  i just know i've heard rice cereal, then veg, then fruit.  i'm not looking forward to another added responsibility.

Amy:  it must have been wonderful to get away, but even better to see lo when you returned.  I'm jealous.

bj:  congrats on the bottle holding

and an update on the formula... he's taking half breast milk and half formula.  i can only pump about 2 oz so we don't do a whole feed, but he does drain the bottle and i top him up.  slowly we'll hopefully get him on full formula so the cow can have a night out.     

hear me mooooo!!!!!!!!

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #502 on: November 24, 2005, 03:39:14 am »
Jennifer-we have since moved on to oatmeal cereal.  I don't even measure it out anymore, I just pour it into the bowl and wait till it "looks" right.  She usually eats what I give her and doesn't complain to much.  I find that she does better eating a couple of bites, and then some drink.  Too much cereal and it gets gunky in her mouth.   :roll:   Love those techy phrases, don't ya?  So far, I have only been doing it at night, but dh called me at work this morning and asked if he could give her some fruit.  Idon't know if he did mangos or apples.  Too tired to ask.

Once we move, I hope to get us on track and really hit her hard with the solids.

Oh....a confession.  She only has two teeth.  The top tooth evidently changed its mind and sucked back in. :roll:   Either that, or her brother knocked it out already.  :wink:  :shock:

bj

Brandy-

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #503 on: November 24, 2005, 09:22:34 am »
We do solids at 2 meals now, 11.30 and 3.30 and tom loves it. Ive been making my own baby food rather than jars and i use 3 ice cubes worth imediatly before giving the bottle, he would happily eat more but as hes sdtill under 6 months i dontwant to give him too much as it may mean he takes less milk.  :?  so far hes had baby rice, pear, apple, pottato, carrott, sweed, sweet potato, baby rusks apricot and today hes having parsnip for the first time!! :shock:  i give him a new food every3 days andso far he loves it all!! the loraine kell book is REALLY good  as recipys are simple and you can be sure your not feeding them a food theyre not ready for yet!

had a bad night last night as tom has a cold, so he cant breath through his nose, he hep waking copughing and spluttering and seemed to panick that he cant breath, i was scaired so i dont know how he must have felt!!, best go as hes getting grizzly! :(
Alison

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #504 on: November 24, 2005, 16:03:47 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen....we have a tooth!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #505 on: November 24, 2005, 23:27:19 pm »
amystoker- That's exciting! I bet he looks pretty cute with his pearly white... :)

Thank everyone for all the solids advice, it gave me an idea of what I should be doing.

We took away the dreamfeed cold turkey last night. I was up most of the night worried that he would wake up hungry, but he slept all through, ya! I hope it wasn't a fluke. We have been doing a df consistently since about 10 weeks old. He was only taking 3-5 oz. and I figure that is what he is taking in for solids now... and my husband and I are so tired of doing it and not going to bed at the same time, I hope we are done now for good. We'll see how the next few nights go...!

Hope everyone had a great holiday and didn't eat too much :)
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #506 on: November 27, 2005, 00:15:21 am »
amy-great news!!  Did you let him gnaw on a turkey leg???   :wink:  Cait is doing some serious watching when we eat "real" food.  I can all but see her smacking her lips together. :roll:

Have I mentioned lately how much I HATE packing???  But good news is when I get back up and running next week, I should have DSL instead of dialup!!!  WOOHOO!!!! :lol:  :D   Yes, ladies....it is the little things.....

Did ALL of the children's xmas shopping yesterday.  Everything is done except for Cait's jammies, which I guess I will get later this week.  I will do Dh's shopping when we close on the property so I can make sure that we don't need the money I will be spending.  How was everyone's Tday?

bj

Brandy-

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #507 on: November 27, 2005, 17:02:55 pm »
Hi, haven't posted in a while... to be honest have no energy to even check my computer these days. We got rid of the paci last week, went quite well... but I got mastitis at the same time and it was a bit of a hectic weekend. Then two days later DD decided she doesn't like to nap any more and started to scream blue murder every time I put her to sleep...

So she has been sleeping in our bed last few nights and I don't even remember how many times a night I feed her, I am too tired to even wake up fully - ust put her on the breast as soon as she makes some noise and both of us go back to sleep. Terrible habit, I know, but seem to hav no energy to do anything, just feel like crying most of the time!  :(  Any words of wisdom are more than welcome...

Oh, and the lenght of her naps is getting progessively shorter:( Now I'm lucky if she does 40 minutes.

Amy congrats on the first tooth, it is so exciting! jswerczek, well done on Jake sleeping tru, may be we will meet them up with Daniella, so he'll tell her how is it done!
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #508 on: November 27, 2005, 17:05:42 pm »
BJ, wow, Xmas shopping... I haven't even thought of it yet :shock: Better get myself organised and start it soon.

Are you bringing the lo to meet Santa? I can't wait...
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #509 on: November 27, 2005, 19:11:15 pm »
I've decided that everyone is getting pictures of our little family for Christmas this year.  Let the frame shopping begin!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08