Author Topic: anyone want to chat about the 2-1 nap switch , thread#2  (Read 47531 times)

Offline irish3680

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • I'm such a good sport!
Re: anyone want to chat about the 2-1 nap switch , thread#2
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2007, 21:10:34 pm »
Thanks Deb! I totally understand and agree with what you're saying. I am such a worry wart about her not getting enough sleep, which I know we all are. In your opinion, it is best to make the am nap shorter rather than decrease pm nap because that is the one they will keep? I appreciate all of your feedback!

Shannon
Shannon

Ella Grace 8/25/06
Mya Rose 4/18/09
Cal Howard 10/17/10

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2007, 23:39:24 pm »
Well ladies at just over 17 months we finally had our FIRST 1 nap day, LOL!  But, it went well  :D  DS didn't wake up until 8:00am this morning...unheard of so I thought we've got to go for it!  Put him down at 12:00 and he was asleep by 12:05 and slept until 2:30...in bed at 6:15 and asleep by 6:30.  We still can't quite get there most of the time because 4h A time is his max.

Tomorrow we leave for the cottage though so I'm sure that will mess with his sleep!  Anyway, at least he did it once!

Offline debo620

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2007, 01:52:04 am »
Shannon, yes that is what I think... mights aswell cut the am nap and keep a longer pm nap..
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2007, 03:55:00 am »
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS :o :o :o!!!!!!!!!!!! For the 1st time EVER Jasmine is refusing an afternoon nap on just 30mins morning nap. Now what do I do??? I can't believe it! She is nearly 15months so I am thinking its time.... I never really did the 20min thing... did that work for anyone?

She's been in the cot for 1.5hrs now. I know thats seems cruel but she's not crying, she's rolling around, sometimes standing up & down, sucking on her blanket, rubbing her eyes - she is clearly tired... we haven't had a 4.30-5pm bedtime in a VERY long time.... I think that might be the way tonight if this little girl does not go to sleep. I am going to give her another 30mins & if she's not sleeping then i am in for a BAD bad afternoon. She is such a bear when she's not rested ::).

MNs mum (I don't even know your name :-[) - congrats on your 1 nap day!!! Maybe its time for him as well ;D. Lets cheer each other along! Who is the next to exit this site :P

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:15:28 am by Isabella&Jasmine's mum »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2007, 06:50:33 am »
Layla WOW!  not unheard of to have that little day sleep in this house, but you usually have your babies well sorted out ;) :o

Good luck with the afternoon/evening?  Is she in bed yet? (5pm?)
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2007, 07:06:34 am »
Rina, funny you asked. Its 5:12pm & she is dead to the world!!! She went out in a matter of seconds ... I put her down at 5:09pm... Lets hope its not going to be a 5am start :P. Even if... I don't mind as long as she's had her rest at night. But I tell you what... I was so close to picking her up & rocking her to sleep after 2hrs of NOT sleeping. But as soon as I picked her up, she wouldn't let me put her in a lying position, she looked funny at me (I haven't rocked her since she was a teeny weeny baby) so I took to the park instead to kill some time & not to go insane with a cranky baby.

I'm going to see how tomorrow goes. I think I might start letting her fall asleep for as long as she wants in the morning (aiming at 9:45am tommorrow) & pushing her towards 11ish.

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline rinajack

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2007, 07:40:26 am »
Good luck in the morning!  Zara refuses the lying position too.  And today for the first time, she got off her bed and banged on her bedroom door to be let out ;D

I am in denial here, trying to blame everything under the sun for some recent NW.  But it could be something simple, but bad news for me.  I MSN with Natasha each day, and she noticed a pattern of Zara sleeping through only when her nap was 1.5 hrs or less...I am going to observe for a while longer, because she has just cut her first eye tooth in the last couple of days....and because I am in denial that my break during the day will be 1.5 hrs or less each day...when Natasha first mentioned it I think I said something along the lines of "are you trying to kill me?" ;) :D

bed and banged on her bedr

I am in a bit of denial here at the moment.  Zara is generally only sleeping through with needing us when she has a 1.5 hr or shorter nap. I talk to Natasha each day, and it was she that noticed the pattern first, and I was soo not happy with the suggestion that I limit Zara to just a 1.5 hr nap >:( ::) :P.  I am going to keep on watching to see if this pattern really is true, if it is, I feel totally ripped off to have a kid that really does need only an 11 hr night and 1.5 hrs day sleep....

She has just cut her first eye tooth though, so for now, I am going to blame our recent wakeups on that instead (see, total denial ;) ;D).
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline NiknLily

• Showing Appreciation 82
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2007, 10:29:14 am »
OMG she just will not go to sleep today HELP!!!!!!

woke at 6am, failed nap at 10.00, back in bed by 11.00, 11.35 and starting to get upset, her own bloody fault shes been up there talking to herself for last 35mins  >:(

Hope someone is online at min need v quick answer, do I give her 15mins get her up for hour and hope she will have good pm nap at 1ish or just let her sleep and probably now only do dreaded 1hr 15mins???????

we were just getting over being OT, yesterday wasn't bad, now today is going to end up very messy if I dont get this right.

Its crying... will check back soon

Offline rinajack

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2007, 10:32:11 am »
If it were me, I would help her to get to sleep any way  you can, then if it is an OT nap, try to resettle her back to sleep, if it doesn't work, then super early bedtime.

1pm is way too late for a first nap, especially from a 6am wakeup - Zara does longer A times in the AM, and 1pm is too late even for her from a similar wakeup time.

Good luck. :-*
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline NiknLily

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2007, 10:40:24 am »
she finally went to sleep at 11.40am, think you misunderstood me, do I giver her a 15min nap now she asleep then get her up for 1hr and back down by 1pm for 2nd nap or just let her sleep.  I have never succesfully got her back to sleep after a 1hr15 OT nap and early bed is OK with me but she woke at 6am this morning if in bed by say 5pm I'm looking at 5.30am wake up tomorrow

Offline rinajack

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2007, 10:43:26 am »
Oh, I am sorry for misunderstanding.

Tough call, cause will she nap at 1 as well???  Mine wouldn't, but they are all different.....and if it is later, will you still be able to preserve bedtime?
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline NiknLily

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2007, 10:47:54 am »
thanks rinajack, It is a tough one.  think i'm going to get her back up.  this could go horribly wrong but she has to be able to take odd 2 nap day for 1nap days to work, worth the experiment I think.  wish me luck

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2007, 12:10:25 pm »
Layla, sorry about your rough day.  We have actually been on 20 mins in the morning for quite a while and it has worked well.  I know UNCMomma's little one did 20 mins for a long time too.

There is no way my DS would let me rock him to sleep either...I think he was 4mo last time I did that...maybe a couple of times if he was sick since then.

We're headed to the cottage today (2h drive) so I have no idea what today/tonight will bring.  I'm hoping he will sleep in the car, but we don't do long trips often so he hasn't had to sleep in the car for a long time.  I hope he will.  Also, he doesn't settle well in strange places so I KNOW I will have OT/OS tonight.   :-\

Anyway, I won't be on for the week so sending great sleep-vibes to everyone.

Sari

P.S. Layla, I don't usually sign my name...no reason, just haven't.

Offline samijoe

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2007, 18:12:13 pm »
We too, did a 20min am nap for about 5wks or so.  I dropped it down to 15mins for the last week of that, but that is where it ended.  Go for it...if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

No rocking here either...try to and the wriggle monster comes out and im afraid of dropping her!  So i usually just end up plunking her in the bed.

sami
[img width= height=]http://b3.lilypie.com/BDoUm6.png?r=4562e4a[/img]
[img width= height=]http://b1.lilypie.com/23hXm7/.png[/img]

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2007, 18:25:15 pm »
Layla, Sophie started to refuse a pm nap after a 30 min am nap towards the end of the transition. Drove me nuts! I shortened her am nap to 20 mins but tbh that never really worked well for us- she was always really miserable when waking after only 20 mins sleep. So it was only a matter of a week or so before the big 1-nap switch. But I know others (like Sari  ;D ) stuck with 20mins for ages and it worked.
So I guess that am nap needs to be even shorter! good luck  :-*
]