Author Topic: anyone want to chat about the 2-1 nap switch , thread#2  (Read 47527 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: anyone want to chat about the 2-1 nap switch , thread#2
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2007, 21:46:29 pm »
Rina i hope for your sake i am wrong and it is just teething :P

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2007, 21:55:44 pm »
Thanks Natasha - no offence but me too! LOL.

Honestly, it won't bother me either way once I am not pregnant any more...I am just to heavy to keep lugging myself around after her all day  ;) ;D
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2007, 22:17:40 pm »
Thanks everyone - I might give 30mins another go. I think I know where I messed up yesterday. My sister came over to spend the day with me & I put Jasmine down at the same time as Isabella (12.30pm instead of 1pm) so that I could have some more ME time (selfish!) so I think she was rolling around & around because it was just not time to sleep & then got herself all hyped up & overtired & didnt sleep at all. Thats all I could think of.

New mum - sorry to hear about your morning - sound like my afternoon except mine never fell asleep, lol.
Rina - I do hope its just the teeth...

Well we woke up this morning at 5ish - although I have a feeling I woke her up when I put the heater on. Still 12hrs is good & she was happy to stay in the cot until I was ready to wake upm which was 6.30am ;D. So she might have even gone back to sleep cause there was no talking or noises coming out of her room. Slightly cranky this morning, but nothing we can't handle ;D

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline *Natasha*

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2007, 22:19:49 pm »
Thanks Natasha - no offence but me too! LOL.

Honestly, it won't bother me either way once I am not pregnant any more...I am just to heavy to keep lugging myself around after her all day  ;) ;D

None taken :-*

Natasha proud Mum to:

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2007, 02:50:53 am »
Stacy, I'm going to give it a few more days. When I went to 30mins, she was still doing 45mins for almost 2 weeks straight (but compensated at night, thankfully) & then finally took some nice longer pm naps. Its such an extreme - its as if she KNOWS she will make up for it at night.

I've always for some reason held 15months to be the "right" age for the transition - don't know why? But that was about the age #1 did it.. & then it was a few more weeks of catch up 2 naps & then a few weeks of adjusting A times but same as you, it was 1 nap no matter how crappy that nap was.... so her being 15months makes me think this is time! How exciting (although I shouldn't get too excited) but at least I know we are towards the end. I can't believe I've at it since she was close to 10months ::).

Put in the cot at 12:50pm... played around & looks like she's fallen asleep (1:01pm).  ;D

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline rinajack

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2007, 08:46:24 am »
Zara had a bad night last night...high temp, lots of coughing etc.  Lost nearly 2 hours of sleep in her night, but managed to get her to make it up with a sleep in ;D

1.5 hr nap today, woke on her own, no issues.  Happy all afternoon, gone to bed, a I would say asleep about 6:50 (woke for day at 7:30).

Expecting a 5:30ish wakeup tomorrow (DH work day  ::)) but also not sure about how she is feeling - still coughing, still some temp, but nowhere near like last night.

Re thinking we may need a 1.5 hr nap max....if she does 11 at night, and 1.5 in the day, she hits exactly on her average day sleep - 12.5 hrs.  I am, however, in no hurry whatsoever to wake her from her naps (or any sleep for that matter) so will just keep on observing...she is teething eye teeth (1 through, 3 to come), so I expect I probably won't find anything too reliable til those are through, the baby is home and everything settles down again, so that is how long I plan to observe for LOL.  (Note that in 2 weeks Zara is either coming away with me to wait near the hospital, or will be spending half her week at home, and half near the hospital, so there is no point trying to change anything right now).  I will just enjoy the nights she sleeps through, and make a mental note of what her day was.  We also still have some SA going on, not all her NW are nap related I am sure.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2007, 12:27:19 pm »
Just curious -- what age did your toddlers just go to one nap? 

Offline debo620

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2007, 18:03:25 pm »
anybody eith any thoughts on this?

Saturday:
woke 6:30
nap 11:55-2:10
bed at 7:15, quiet right away,
woke at 520 or so and played til 6:20,
then hubby let him sleep til 7:45

what the heck is up with him playing? I really don't think it was OT as honestly he had a good night sleep and a good nap (normal day)
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013

Offline rinajack

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2007, 23:39:11 pm »
Well, with a 1.5 nap yesterday she almost slept through.  Just gave more pain meds at her one wakeup, she then slept til 6:30 (DH didn't go to work, he got a migraine in the night, so bad he was throwing up)...interesting huh?  Natasha could be on to something LOL.

Will be a short nap todya I think, because she is at daycare...usually sleeps btw 1 hr and 1hr20 at daycare.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline debo620

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2007, 01:36:46 am »
yup Stacy, good point.

so then he slept til 7:45,
nap in crib for 12:30---but played til 1 and woke at 2:20  :-\  he was tired looking at 6pm,
I've put him to bed at 7:10pm, he has only just fallen asleep at 7:40, because we had company over and was probably overstimulated and overtired. probably will have an interesting night.
 Rina, we are there with you, averaging 12.5hr-13hrs, but I know he needs 13 at the least, just with night play sessions and sometimes shorter naps it doesn't always work out. I have noticed that about once a week, Noah will sleep almost 12hrs at night, sort of like a catch up.
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013

Offline rinajack

« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2007, 01:58:13 am »
Zara even with her sleep in, still actually did 11 hr night, her sleep in made up for her NW LOL.  She is actually reasonably consistant with 12.5 hrs!  I am happy to let her have more any time she likes, but she doesn't seem to be missing anything iykwim.

Deb, Zara would have done a short nap on that day too, because the wakeup was so late, she wouldn't have been quite ready to nap long by then....

Hope your nap goes well though!

Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2007, 02:07:24 am »
Rina,
I thought of this from something you said a few pages back.  I'm sure you've thought of everything, but just in case, do you have a CD or white noise machine for the days DH works?  Thought you might get her to sleep later.  Does the light come in too?  What about blacking out the window?  I feel stupid for even saying it b/c I'm sure you've tried it all.  BUT just in case...  I have foil on Collin's windows, and if I think noise will wake him, I turn on the white noise CD before he goes to sleep.  Seems to work.  

I hope Zara is feeling better soon.  

Everyone :),
We are on shaky ground over here.  Last week Collin had a 30 min AM nap, and I tried putting him down 3 hours later for PM, and he must have laid in there for an hour before falling asleep.  It put his nap late - almost 5 I think.  It's so weird b/c he was doing the 45 min for so long and then 30 min for like a week, going well, and then that.  We took him to the zoo on Friday so only one nap, and I got to thinking how much I hate waking him from the naps.  I wondered if he could possibly be ready for 1 nap.  So ever since Friday I've been putting him down at 12ish, and he's slept 2 hours each day.  Then 10.5 (grrrr...) at night (no matter when I put him down, he's consistent 10.5).  So I've done nothing that I said I would do, really just b/c I hate to wake him, and it seemed to be turning into a mess.  ANYWAY, so far NO signs of him being OT.  Is that weird?  It seems weird to me.  I can tell almost immediately when he is getting OT.  I thought I'd try this and see what happened.  If he got OT, we'd go back to the short AM nap.  But can I just say that I AM SO JEALOUS OF THOSE OF YOU WHOSE LO'S SLEEP 12 HOURS AT NIGHT AND THEN 2 OR SO DURING THE DAY?!  QUICKLY we went from 14 hours (total in 24 h) to now 12.5.   And nothing has changed that I'm doing.  

Anyway, I guess I will keep trying the 1 nap day and see if all ______ breaks lose.  Not too long ago he had 3.5 h A time.  It's so weird that he can go longer all of a sudden.  He's doing great, though.  But that is a long time to entertain a LO.  1 nap and those 2 long stretches.  Taking some getting used to.  

Somebody tell me if I am in for it trying this 1 nap thing.  

Take care!
Brooke

Offline *Natasha*

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2007, 02:31:53 am »
HeHe Rina :P

Natasha proud Mum to:

Offline rinajack

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2007, 02:52:32 am »
Brooke, yep, room is dark, even if all he does it get his lunch from fridge and walk out front door, she is up! White noise didn't help us - it will be fine once summer returns, sum comes up at 4/4;30 LOL

Natasha - hush your  mouth! ;)
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2007, 11:10:20 am »
Well darn!  She is a light sleeper.  4:30, my goodness.  It's funny to hear you say when summer comes.  It's blistering here.   :)  I'm ready for fall.