Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 6  (Read 60168 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 6
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:21 am »
Once DS is feeling all better I need to work on expanding his diet!

Today was:

B: grapes - refused anything else (had milk earlier)
L: half a yogurt, most of one piece raisin toast with bit of cream cheese
S: Just Apricots, goldfish
D: cowboy spaghetti, bit of organic no salt added chicken noodle soup with added veggies
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline JudyLee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • DD born 13 November 2007
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 02:23:05 am »
Karen-What are goldfish? I'm sure you don't mean litle fishes...

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 03:23:18 am »
LOL goldfish crackers! I buy the baby variety (smaller, less sodium). Really yummy cheese crackers shaped like little fish.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline JudyLee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • DD born 13 November 2007
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 05:58:50 am »
Cool, thanks for that!

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 10:13:47 am »
Meant to say Nellie opps my spot is to make sure you get the links/notification for the thread so you can come back later easily.

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:07:22 pm »
Should have 'oops-ed' my spot as I've got completely off track with this thread! Anyway, we're back :)

Last few days have been pretty much the usual so nothing very interesting to post anyway! ;)
Catherine x

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »
do you still entertain your toddler at this age during the meal? i had finally tought him to use fork etc but he does not want to use them now. caregiver use alot of book, toys or cam. so he does not want to use caterings, preffer to play with things.

Nope, no entertaining here. At all. The table is for eating, and if DS doesn't want to eat then he gets put down. I am mean, though!

What does oopsing my spot mean? Intrigued....

Some words are censored automatically on this site, and 'm@rking' is one of them. There is some debate as to why, but regardless... 'oopsing my spot' is people writing 'm@rking my spot' and getting censored!

Yesterday, Nathan ate...
B: banana bread, cheddar cheese chunks, and cherries
S: animal crackers and banana chunks
L: 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, squished really flat with peas stuck in the middle with the cheese (some marble cheddar, some stinky 4 yr old cheddar that DH likes), cut into chunks and dipped into ketchup
D: wagon wheel pasta with shrimp, peas, and tomatoes (sauce was just extra virgin olive oil, juice from the canned tomatoes, garlic, onions, and fresh basil)

I showed him how to dip the sandwich chunks in the ketchup a few times, and then he tried and did it on his own! So cute.
Amy

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 13:43:23 pm »
Well so far breakfast this morning was totally refused (the cantaloupe, the muesli and the cheerios) so not a good start to the day!

I was given a recipe for a carrot ginger soup that sounds lovely - might make it later or tomorrow (when have time - extra busy this week with DD off school and camp not started yet)

Offline banu

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 15:23:02 pm »
hi ladies, sorry for asking twice:

do you still entertain your toddler at this age during the meal? i had finally tought him to use fork etc but he does not want to use them now. caregiver use a lot of book, toys or cam. so he does not want to use caterings, preffer to play with things. should we stop entertain him?

Offline <Catherine>

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 16:42:26 pm »
I don't use any toys or anything, never had done really, as when I ever did I found it was too much of a distraction, or he'd end up hitting the food out of my hands with the toy, or something - they generally got thrown too!

I have always done things like sing to him if he's irritable in the highchair or something, he hates being in the highchair so I find it helps - not needed so much these days though as he seems to enjoy his food and is usually hungry so more than happy to sit there and eat........until he's finished, and that's it, get down or scream!! :)
Catherine x

Offline <Catherine>

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 17:42:58 pm »
Ok, so how do you lot get your lo's to eat so much fruit??!!

If it's pureed, fine, but we really struggle otherwise - a texture thing mainly I think.

I'm guessing I just have to keep at it, he wouldnt hold a banana until recently but that's fine now. Grapes are on and off, sometimes he will, sometimes he wont. He is fine with raisins. I've tried with apple a few times and no luck, and tonight he has salad with his dinner (never done that before!) and the first spoonful had cucumber on it and that was it, no more dinner at all! He wouldnt have anymore put in his mouth. I could tell he was hungry so kept trying as I ate mine but he wouldnt give in. He had his yogurt but that was all.

I don't think it's down to taste, I think he likes the taste of most fruits but doesnt like holding anything that is wet, and doesnt like anything too crunchy put in his mouth at mealtimes. I guess he's used to cooked veggies that are soft like everything else on his plate.

Any tips? or do I just need to stick with it?

Today:-
B - 1 weetabix
S - we finished off a few packets that were half eaten, so a mixture of a few sweetcorn rings, carrot sticks, and a mini gingerbread man.
L - Homemade ( :) ) sausage caserole and mashed potato (loved this), yogurt.
S - Pot of pureed fruit
D - Refused due to the dreaded cucumber, but had yogurt. Might offer a snack shortly.
Catherine x

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 19:08:40 pm »
i would just keep offering it regularly and not make it an issue,Easy for me to say tho,Daisy is a fruit monster!!! :D

So today;
B-frosties and milk
S-strawberries
L-cheese sandwiches,quavers( ::)) and a yoghurt
S-yoghurt coated fruit flakes and half a banana
D-chicken curry and rice,blueberries and a yoghurt.

Offline Khalam's Mama

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 20:00:40 pm »
I do not do entertaining or toys as it just distracts DS.

DS loves fruit. He will eat more if I give him one chunk at a time.

I look at what you guys eat and it seems so much more than DS. Maybe it is because he is still on 4 BF's a day?

Today DS is still a bit unwell so still a bit of whatever he will eat.

B: 15 Cheerios, 10 raisins, few spoons porridge
L: Few bites french stick, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1 slice turkey ham. 15 grapes. (Was to be strawberries but realised they had gone off - ds cried his heart out - he loves these)
S: more cheerios (he seeks them out!)
D: refused museli with CM and then did a huge poop so figured I should try again and ate 1/2 a dry fried egg (all the yolk and somewhite) and some baked beans.

Offline <Catherine>

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 21:28:57 pm »
My ds has only recently started eating so well. He started off on solids really well at around 6 months but then was on and off up until a few weeks ago, a growth spurt I guess. I notice your ds is a month or so younger, ollie was probably about the same when he was that age, this last month has made such a difference - he's changed so much in so many ways, not just his eating.
Catherine x

Offline Khalam's Mama

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 21:34:44 pm »
That is good to know thanks.