Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122635 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #540 on: December 01, 2005, 03:49:09 am »
We've just finished a successful day number 3 with no paci and no wakings for 13 hours (yes!!!!  13 hours!!)
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #541 on: December 01, 2005, 13:55:55 pm »
Amy, I am sooooooo envious!!!!  13 hours?  WOWIE

Here it's a different story.  Had a rough day yesterday and it took an hour or so to settle owen.  We then grabbed him before he woke at 11 for a DF and guess what?  The little guy didn't wake until 7:30 this morning.  No 13 hours, but I'll take it!  It's the longest we've ever had!!!  Maybe it was the tylenol we have him for his needles. 

But maybe it's becuase he was on a  pretty solid 4 hr EASY.  This was suggested by Jennifer or jswerczek.  THANK YOU.  I know it's only one night, but that's fine.  I just waited until he was super tired to put him down and we didn't have as much fussing as before.  And only 5 feeds in a 24 hour period.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU   ....  A babywhisperer extrodinaire she is.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #542 on: December 01, 2005, 14:28:32 pm »
Sorry, one more thing....

Amy, did you sleep well during those 13 hours?  I know that I didn't sleep well.  From about 3 on I kept waking because I was certain he was just about to wake up.  And then I started thinking....  is he still breathing?  So i would turn my monitor up full so I could hear him breathing!  LOL

How about any other moms?  Do you sleep well when you lo decides to actually have a nice long sleep?
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #543 on: December 01, 2005, 15:18:36 pm »
oh i wanted to defend myself (not trying to be mean or rude or anything, just imformative).  I check out the formulas again and found what I was talking about.  Because, at the time, Jency was so gassy we thought that maybe one of the lactose free or soy based formulas would be the best.  So I looked at those again and sure enough it says the #1 ingredience (43%-55%) is Corn Syrup Solid.  I looked at the other formulas and they do not have that so it is just the lactose free and soy based.
Sorry for the confusion!

Also all the night wakings could be due to the 6th month growth spurt they are have or are about it hit.  So I decided since we will be going through that in no time I was just going to go with the flow and not try to get Jency to sleep longer.  Right now he is only waking 3 times and if I feed him he goes right back down if I don't he wants the paci and wakes ever 30 min when it falls out and if we don't give him that he cries for (well we've only let it last 30 min) who knows how long.  So I am just going to feed him every 3 hours at night and hope after the 6 month growth spurt he will just grow out of it.

I would love to go to 4 hour EASY but it is so hard when we have church every sunday morning and Mom's group every other Friday morning.  So his naps complete are not 4 hour easy.  And if I let him go 4 hours between feedings (which he will do)  then it ends up that he gets fed right before a nap.
Any advice on this?  PM me! THanks.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2005, 17:01:06 pm »
Did I EVER sleep well!!  We turned off the monitor in our bedroom and left the one on in the kitchen....when he really cries we can definitely hear him, but when he's just grunting or getting settled, we snooze right through it!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #545 on: December 01, 2005, 18:00:35 pm »
Hey ladies!  Sorry to join in so late, but I feel like I just come to the website to read, and as soon as I want to post ds wakes, or the washing machine is done, yada yada yada  :?  I only post when its an emergency almost!

Anywhoo, ds is 5 months and 1 week and so far we have run into the regular problems, growth spurts, milestones etc.  For the most part I follow the BW advice down to the letter, except for one thing.

My ds is very VERY spirited, and the 11 o'clock dreamfeed was waking him up and it took me forever to get him down again.  Then he would have a fitful sleep until morning.  So I decided to eliminate it and go back to cluster feeding.  He's on a 4 hour schedule, except for the late afternoon.  His day goes like this:

6:30 wake up and plays in his crib
7:00 feed
7:15 activity
9:00 nap
11:00 feed
11:15  activity
1:00 nap
3:00 feed
3:15 activity
4:00 snack (fruit juice or compote)
6:00 feed
6:45 catnap
7:00 wakes
7:30 bath and massage
8:00 feed and bed

Since I started doing the 6 and 8 feed he's been sleeping through the whole night no problems!  but I can't help but to feel that I'm doing something wrong.  That he will be depent on those 2 feeds.  I've tried to extend his time on my breast but when he's done HE'S DONE.  He pushes me away and wants to play.  He drains my breast in about 4-6 minutes which had me worried but he's gaining weight, growing and very very happy.  But still, what should I do so that I don't have to cluster feed ( and create accidental parenting ) but without having to do the ever waking dreamfeed?

Thanks!  :D
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #546 on: December 01, 2005, 21:29:55 pm »
I think it is fine.  I feed Jency when ever I want.  We usually have to go 3-3.5 hours even thought he can go 4 hours.  This is because of his naps.  His morning naps are just really short.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #547 on: December 01, 2005, 22:34:04 pm »
TWO teeth....I guess Luke got his Christmas wish early....get it?  "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..."  :roll:

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #548 on: December 02, 2005, 08:14:16 am »
I haven't managed to catch up on all posts, but just a quick question. we got rid of the paci almost 2 weeks ago, no major problems, but since then the got very moany as she is teething... so i ended up having her in our bed and feeding her everytime when she cries, which is every hour! I've juts substituted one problem with another... and to be honest not sure where to start from dealing with it...

Amy, congtatulations on the night sleep!! How long did he sleep for beforehand?
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #549 on: December 02, 2005, 14:32:40 pm »
He'd sleep until about 3 or 3:30 and then he was up almost every 30 minutes to an hour.  Now he sleeps straight through with no problems.  I say that, but last night he woke up at 1:30 b/c he couldn't breathe and we needed to suck the snot out  :roll: But he was a chipper little man at 6am!  He was sleeping until 7

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #550 on: December 02, 2005, 15:26:50 pm »
rabecaq,      i agree the cluster feeding is probably fine at the mo (unless its driving YOU nuts). As long as its not causing your lo any obvious problems and your happy with it dont change what isnt broken (i dont think your doing acidental parenting as you dont feed to sleep the rest of the day! We use to cluster feed, and only changed to DF because i felt all i was doing all evening was feeding!! Tom had no probs dropping the cluster feed as we did it gradually (making the earlyer one gradually later and the later one gradually earlier until they met in the middle!!) so its probably not doing any harm. Most people give up the DF at 6 or 7 months anyway, so you could aim to drop the cluster feeding about that time if it worrys you (when lo firmly established on solids shouilnt need it to get through night anyway!)

daisymelan,      if it makes you feel any better, i wake whenever ds usually wakes (about 3.30am...)even if he doesnt aswell :roll:  I swear sometimes he only wakes because i disturb him tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep! :oops:

amy stoker   i think i may try not using ther baby monitor when tom goes into his own room, did you leave the bedroom doars open or could you hear your lo with them shut??
Alison

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #551 on: December 02, 2005, 17:36:52 pm »
Our house is a split floor plan.  The Master bedroom is on the north side of the house, then the kitchen, living room and then the guest bedroom and Luke's room.  I have the monitor on in the kitchen and I leave my bedroom door open.  We did have the monitor in our room until this Monday, and MAN have I slept well since we moved it out!  We hear him when he really cries, but we don't hear when he's grunting and fussing just to get comfortable.  I think HE sleeps better, too, because we don't run in for every grunt and rumble.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #552 on: December 02, 2005, 18:48:59 pm »
Hey Alison Toms Mum, I have no prob with cluster feeding, considering the response is an 11 hour strech of night sleep!! ;) I was planning on eliminating it slowly as soon as solids were well established.  He's going through the trial phase right now.

The ped has me giving him non-citric fruit juice ( made fresh ) for 3 days, if he has no yucky reactions ( constipation or allergies ) then we eliminate the juice and give him homemade compotes, again made from fresh fruits.  She'd rather compotes than juice so he won't figure out the the bottle is easier than my breasts!!

I've actually been experimenting with the compotes today, and I feel like I've been peeling fruit and cooking all morning!! :lol: And I came to the conclusion that steaming the fruit for 8 mins and then pureeing it makes the best compote, tastes better, better consistensy, lasts longer and still has all the nutritional value!! 8)

So, as soon as he's eating compotes twice a day I going to slowly eliminate the cluster feed!!

:D Thanks for the support

Amystoker, we have a voice activated monitor and it's great because you don't have the constant reminder of the monitor.  So we just turned the volume down enough so when it's a " NEED HELP!" cry we hear it, but the drawn out conversations ds has with his mobile and stuffed animals! ;)
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #553 on: December 02, 2005, 19:49:18 pm »
Hi all!
We are back and I sure missed being on here! I think I read most of the posts to bring me up to date.

Caeden is teething again - I think - very grumpy and was gnawing on everything while we were gone. Nights have been all over the place. Ranging from great to awful. I am hoping now that we are home and out of the old house things will settle down and he can get into a god routine during the day and thus help the nights too.

Caeden got his first food - rice ceral - last night - loved it :D  :D  :D
Ate real good and got most of it down too. How often are you all feeding solids? I am thinking I will do morning and evening.......is that okay you think?

I also just got a glider rocker for Caeden's room - FINALLY :wink:
I am hoping by keeping him in the same place now for feeds and quiet time and going back to bed at night it will help him. I have been feeding wherever and going back and forth to the living room couch at night.

Caeden is also rolling ALL OVER - one side of the room to the other and  just yesterday went to get a toy he wanted by himself. So cute - he plays real well on the floor and I can get alot done!

SO - that's the update from here - have a great evening or day!

Oh - Amy - I am so jealous of 13 hours...... I have been thankful for 3 solid hours at a time and am aiming for at least 6 soon!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #554 on: December 02, 2005, 20:03:17 pm »
Well, don't be TOO jealous b/c last night he woke up twice b/c of a snot-plugged nose (Hey, I'll take twice over every 30 minutes!)

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08