Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 6  (Read 60226 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 6
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2010, 02:17:48 am »
Amy - the roasted chickpea recipe is here, though I added a bit extra sugar (I used brown sugar) and salt. DS really likes them, though I don't much TBH. http://stylishcuisine.com/?p=864

Today was:

B: few bites toasted bagel with butter, strawberries and blueberries
L: entire one egg omelet with cheese and spinach, grapes
S: yogurt, animal crackers
D: (at SIL's) bit of veal parm, bread with gravy, couple bites broccoli casserole; more blueberries, strawberries and cantaloupe
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2010, 06:57:44 am »
We are having issues with spitting food out at the moment, we do have teeth coming through so I'm putting down to that, but if that's the case then why does he eat anything I give him as a snack (generally 'crunchier' than his meals) with no problems?! This started a couple of days ago, he would eat his whole meal then when he'd had enough he would take the last mouthful from the spoon and then spit it out, well take it out of his mouth with his fingers. This was fine as he was wtill eating it all and I just out it down to deciding he's finished, then yesterday he had a few mouthfuls of his lunch and then spat out every mouthful after that (except for his yogurt), and then at dinnertime he spat it out from the first mouthful.

So, yesterday went like this:-
B - Cornflakes (no problems with breakfast at all, very hungry first thing though I guess)
S - Can't remember! (but ate it well!)
L - Quite a few mouthfuls of cottage pie (but no where near what he's usually have), yogurt
S - Few minim gingerbread men, a bread stick
D - refused fish cake, 2 yogurts, then a little later some of DH's french stick
Catherine x

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2010, 11:58:01 am »
Today:

B: weetbix with milk, fruit salad (only at a little bit then our rabbit had the rest)
S: fritz, cheese and strawberries (out motorbike riding)
L: half a macdonalds cheeseburger  :P
S: 2 cream biscuits when nan and pop where here for a cuppa
D: toddler tin and a weetbix before bed...

Not the best day today with macdonalds and biscuits, but hey a treat everynow and then is ok! :)

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2010, 13:00:28 pm »
Thanks, Karen!

Amy

Offline <Catherine>

« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2010, 12:29:48 pm »
Yesterday:-

B - Cornflakes, some raisins, a bit of my toast
S - 1/2 banana
L - Few mouthfuls of cottage pie, then refused the rest, 2 yogurts
S - breadstick
D - Refused lasagne, 2 yogurts

Still refusing meals :(
Catherine x

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2010, 18:07:38 pm »

Hugs - am sure it will be just a phase tho . . . we all go thru it  :-*

Add me to the list who is 'obsessed' (I like to call it a healthy interest tho  ;)) by what her child eats - Bek I hope that like you I will  have helped DD to make a healthy choice by the time she gets to decide on her own meals . . . tho as she's had chips 2 days in a row then maybe not  :P

Amy - have you tried smoothies with Nathan yet? (obviously without any citrus - his poor little bottom  :() DD isn't too keen on the blender noise either - but she likes the end result so seems to put up with it.

So - I've been away for a couple of days (woo hoo - it was such a fab weekend) and I left quite a bit of food for DH and DD to eat (yes, I am that obsessed  :P) I left on Friday late aft and returned Sunday late aft - so am filling in a couple of blanks (tho as it's mainly breakfast I'm pretty sure that what I'm guessing is right  ;))

Friday
B: muesli & milk, few dry CN cornflakes on the side, smoothie
S: (at Gran's) organix cereal bar
L: (at Great Gran's) home-made tomato & veg soup, bread & butter for dipping, yoghurt, 2 mini melba toasts with butter & jam
S: home-made savoury muffin, water
D: spag bol (which I left) am guessing it was followed by a yoghurt, biscuit & hot choc - possibly fruit, but couldn't guarantee it!

Saturday
B: guessing it was cereal & milk followed by smoothie (as that's DD's choice every day - as you know  ;))
S: croissant (she ate a whole one) - took DH by surprise when at the farmers' market when she announced she was hungry LOL!!
D: veggie chili on toast, cherries
S: savoury muffin
D: spicy tuna risotto (which I left), am sure a yoghurt followed too - then DH said a piece of home-made banana loaf, hot choc

Sunday
B: guessing it was the usual
S: yoghurt-coated fruit flakes (on the train with DH)
L: cheese on toast (apparently 2 slices), banana
S: bit of savoury muffin
D: (from the chip shop) shared DH's battered fish, chips and mushy peas (with mint sauce), brown sauce for dipping, yoghurt, biscuit and hot choc

Monday
B: rice crispies & muesli with milk, kiiw innocent mixed berry smoothie
S: (at playgroup Teddy Bears’ Picnic), cheese cube, grapes, crispy snacks, small chocolate biscuit, juice
L: (out) chicken nuggets, chips & baked beans (tomato sauce, brown sauce & mayo for dipping  ::)), juice
S: yoghurt coated raisins, water
D: slice of toast, cheese cubes, mixed olives, hummus, few bits of pepper, yoghurt, kiwi, home-made choc chip muffin

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2010, 18:23:41 pm »

Once again our kids are in cahoots and it's not to our benefit! Matty has been refusing meals today too. Definitely thinking teeth, gave Motrin before and we'll see how dinner goes. Will post after that.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline <Catherine>

« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2010, 20:41:16 pm »
Once again our kids are in cahoots and it's not to our benefit!
Gosh, how do we keep these kids apart?!!!

Today isn't really worth posting as he didn't touch his meals......so it was a day of snacks! So, do we agree that it's better that he eats something, or should I be teaching him that if he doesnt eat at mealtimes then that's that? In my opinion, if he was having tantrums, refusing food for no reason, just being 'naughty' then he needs to learn that it's mealtimes or not at all....but, I'm pretty sure this is due to teeth so feel that he's not 'playing up' as such...woud like to know what you all think?

B - Cornflakes (ate well)
S - Toddler biscuits, raisins
L - refused lasagne, 2 yogurts
S - all sorts of things with my sister
D - refused again, had a few toddler bisuits, 1/2 a banana and a yogurt
Catherine x

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2010, 21:07:03 pm »
Yesterday:
B: toast with honey/marmite
S: 1/2 slice peanut butter sandwich
L: 1.5 sardines in tom sauce, 1/2 banana, tomatoes, pitta bread
S: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
D: roast chicken, pots, carrots, corn, peas, 1/2 yorkshire pudding

Today:
B: bread and honey
S: yoghurt and blueberries
L: Chicken, sweet potato pancake
S: cheese and tomatoes
S: 1/3 banana, raisins
D: 1/3 smoked mackrel, tomatoes, few bites baguette, semolina pudding

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2010, 21:46:32 pm »
Cath, I wouldn't worry just yet. He is still really young, and you are probably right about it being teeth. At some point they do start becoming more manipulative, and that's when I will lay down the law with Nathan! Until then, meh.

B: grapes, peanut butter on 1/2 an english muffin, and mango (refused it... his first time trying it)
S: raisins, goldfish crackers
S: almost an entire blueberry adult-sized individual yogurt
L: cheese, cucumber, a little bit of DH's back bacon, crackers
S: nectarine, oven popped corn from the festival this weekend
D: red pepper, green pepper, onion, sweet potato, potato, and zuchinni cooked on the bbq, plus fresh cucumber chunks and some goat cheese spread on Wheat Thins
Amy

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2010, 21:55:50 pm »
Well we have been on vacation so I haven't really posted.  So here is today:

Breakfast:
Blueberry muffin, cheerios, vanilla yogurt, strawberries

Lunch:
Broccoli pancake, cheese chunks, a little bit of applesause

Snack:
Gerber Cereal bar

Dinner:
Green beans, corn, veggie burger, cheese chunks and puts and pieces from our dinner.

She had little to no veggies while we were away so I guess she made up for them today :)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2010, 22:10:57 pm »
Cath - I am somewhat in the middle on that. I will still give DS snacks if he refuses meals but not right away and then only healthy stuff like roasted chickpeas or homemade veggie chips or fruit. Or a piece of raisin toast.

Today ended up:

B: small portion baby muesli with milk, few bites cinnamon raisin english muffin with cream cheese
L: 20 blueberries, couple bites broccoli potato pancake, couple bites meatball. refused rest
S: yogurt, goldfish crackers, roasted chickpeas
D: homemade veggie/minestrone soup, homemade chicken tender, few animal crackers

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2010, 22:55:15 pm »
Hi, everyone. I've been away for awhile, but I didn't have anything new to share because Chandler was in a food rut for awhile. Lately, she's been eating more fresh fruit, like blueberries, raspberries, and bananas. She's also discovered cheese pizza. She's still not crazy about meat in general, unless it ground up and mixed in to something.

For breakfast, she had Chocolate Cheerios and blueberries and half of Mommy's fried egg over English muffin. For dinner, she ate: spinach souffle with brown rice mixed in, fresh corn, homemade chocolate ice cream and half a banana, milk

She's on a chocolate binge lately. I bought her some chocolate Cheerios to have something more healthy to offer her when she's asking for it.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2010, 09:20:33 am »
Today:

B: refused scrambled eggs/toast (didnt really eat breakfast) :(
S: grated cheese, fritz, ham and strawberries
L: chicken steak and corn
S: biscuit and milo
D: spag bol (only about 4 spoonfuls) fruit cut up

Will try and get him to have some yoghurt or a weetbix before bed!

He seems unwell again, bit of a runny nose and coughing again. As soon as the weather warms up here i will be very happy!

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2010, 11:55:31 am »
Gah - my wonderfully behaved little man has turned into a terror at the dinner table!

Firstly, out for a 70th birthday dinner with the family on Sunday he spent large amounts of time throwing things on the floor and screaming  :o :o :o

Then today breakfast - banana was half eaten and then pulled into little pieces and toast was thrown all over the floor.  So that was breakfast over.  Lunch was corned beef which he ate fine, bread and jam - again fine and a few blueberries...he began to throw the reminents of the bread and the blueberries so I caught him just before he did and asked him to put it in the bowl (like he ALWAYS does when I ask).  He looked, he thought, he laughed and he threw it.  So I stopped him, asked him again and he did it again!!!!!  So that was lunch over. 

So, I think that's my easy ride over with then!!