Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33969 times)

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2011, 17:13:55 pm »
let us know how she did.  I think if she was happy & playing in her crib for 20mins before sleep she probably is well UT.  It may just take some time & consistency until you get there but I think you will.  At least you are getting decent nights - ours have suddenly shrunk to 10hrs long.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2011, 17:54:47 pm »
I live in 10 hr night land - I had about 10 days of 11 hour nights and they went as fast as they came :(  I miss them!

I have thought about doing the 2-3-4 as well... I think the idea is that the morning nap will shorten over time and then the PM will as well... just about then, they outgrow the routine and move to one nap... here is some info on it from a blogger I loved when preggers!  If you need a good laugh, find the section called 0-40 ;)

http://alphamom.com/parenting/baby/the-2-3-4-sleep-routine/

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2011, 18:24:27 pm »
She slept 1hr 30 mins ...longest in days..only by 10 mins but....I dunno..not sure what A to do..as I said I pd at 4hr 20 mins and she played and fell asleep at 4hrs 45 mins...at 5 hrs A in the past I got 1 hr 15 mins...
<3 Melissa

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2011, 18:58:23 pm »
why not try 4h 45 again tomorrow & see what happens melissa?  You need to give it at least a few days to see if its right for her? 

I am actually beginning to think I am really way off the mark with O & he might even need as much as 5.5hrs A in the AM.  Last time I let him do his thing & follow his cues he did 5.5hrs A.  I think I worry so much that its not sustainable every day & rather than stick at it I cut his A times down meaning the naps go wonky.  Also I think I always make his day too long in the push to get him to a decent BT so he might wake up later & all this serves in doing is make him more OT.  I think it is all finally sinking in what I need to do.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2011, 19:29:59 pm »
Awe well that's good...I guess I will go with it and pray she sleeps longer...sigh I was hoping she would hang on to 2 naps...oh well I guess
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2011, 23:14:51 pm »
Don't worry Melissa - she will still have 2 naps days on and off for a month or more ;)  And there is always teething to make her good and sleepy too ;)

I am gonna try Claire's method... shorter AM longer PM... Alexandra is getting up earlier and earlier again... we were living the dream with a 645am wake time, but we are back to 615am... so my little EW'er is back!  Since I get PM nap battles anyways now.. I may as well try a capped AM from 10-11am then putting her down for a PM shouldn't be too hard!  No later than 3pm... fingers crossed for a 230-4pm nap.. with a 730/8pm BT.. just have to see how the cut in the AM nap effects her last A time... I'm hoping it allows her to stay up closer to 8pm (this works so much better with DH's schedule)... and then she would be gold if she slept until 630/7am!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2011, 00:08:39 am »
Good luck Kara
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2011, 02:10:48 am »
Goodluck....was always so scared to cap the a.m. cause the p,m, has been difficult for months...
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2011, 03:45:46 am »
Sara - thanks - I think I am gonna need it :)

Melissa - I get killer PM fights too... If I chop the AM down to an hour though, she will get quite tired by a 3 hr - 3hr 30 min A time... that will guarantee a PM nap for me... at least for now :)

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:17 am »
That's good so that may work for you...the only time I got a pm nap out of her in the last 2 weeks was when she took a 40 min a.m. then took a 30 min p.m. ugh. Just hoping this one nap starts to get longer...she was up at 6:15 (been sttn pretty solid now since doing just the 1 nap that's one really good thing...never thought i'd see the day) so I am gonna watch her signs but looking to do 4 hr 45 A I think since that's around the time she fell asleep yesterday. Just got to try to get maybe 30 more mins to make it at least a 2 hr nap...though 3 would be better lol
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2011, 17:54:51 pm »
.the only time I got a pm nap out of her in the last 2 weeks was when she took a 40 min a.m. then took a 30 min p.m. ugh

30 mins is an OT nap... after a 40 min AM nap, she should have been easy to put down after 3 hours or so...

But since she is now STTN, stick with the one nap days and she will work out that nap length for you.. though really, she only needs 13-14 hours sleep in a day...

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2011, 19:27:02 pm »
Hi ladies, sorry I've been awol, I've had so much work on I haven't had time to get on the laptop.  I have been following along on my phone though I just can't reply on it!

Naps are random here at the moment as Aidan had his birthday at the weekend and he is walking too now!  We've had some long naps, some short naps!  Hoping to get back on track this week!  He took only a 3hr30 A this morning at the childminders and did a 1hr30 nap!  He was obviously shattered from all the excitement at the weekend!
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2011, 02:01:58 am »
kara yes that pm nap was about 3 hrs A....I knew to shorten it due to the shorter nap...i can't remember her A time exactly...its all so mish mosh in my head these days

choc happy birthday aidan and congrats on the walking!!!!   was thinking about you and wondering where you have been...

as for us another 1 nap day...did 4 hrs 45 min A...took a 1 1/2 hr nap...followed by a 6 hr A to BT at 6:30...see this is where it gets a bit bad cause that is such a long A to  BT...I mean she does fine...no fighting me and goes right to sleep...in fact last night she played a bit before going off to sleep with no crying or protesting...just really wish this ONE nap was a bit longer...she sttn last night from 7pm-6:15am so 11 hrs 15 mins...I dunno...she isn't getting enough sleep and its starting to stress me out...that is only 12 1/2 hrs...she may have had a brief 10 min NW before but at least she was pulling 12-12.5 hr nights...waking closer to 7 a.m. rather than 6 a.m. and she was taking two naps at 1-1.5 hrs each...I miss that...I am worrying about her now...maybe it's not time for the 2-1...ugh i hate this...i don't know what's right!
<3 Melissa

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:02 am »
Melissa I would stick with that 1 nap for a week or so and see if that nap lengthens. We had a few 1.5hour naps and even a 45min one after we made the transition. It has come right again now (touch wood) and the nap is now 2-3 hours long.

Well as we are 3 days of Zac being 1 eeek and pretty much on 1 nap I probably wont be on this thread much anymore...good luck ladies. The 2-1 is a PITA but it does end :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:56 am »
Sara - I am gonna miss you!  But hope to be out of here soon too!

Melissa - I would stick with the one nap days too.. if she is going down to sleep fairly easily, it's what she needs, just give it time.

I had the WORST day with sleep ever.. DD is really doing short nights - last night was 9.5 hrs!  And she is fighting all naps again... I don't think it is teeth related or milestone related... she is just not tired when I try to put her down, so she is short napping like crazy and becoming super OT by bedtime... I have tried both the long AM/short PM and the other way around with no change... it works great for a few days and then she adjusts...

So tomorrow, I am going to push as long as I can for her AM nap... hoping for at least 11am (assuming her normal 615 wake up)... fingers crossed for a 2+ hr nap, then BT no earlier than 730pm... I will allow a 30 min CN if she needs it around 5pm... I am fully intending to AP it... she is crazy to put down at that time of day...