Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122559 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #615 on: December 09, 2005, 19:20:26 pm »
congrats jennifer - my dd has been doing better also through the night - makes u feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel!

have a check up and shots on monday - can't wait to see how much she weighs now, she was only 5lbs 9oz when born and gained weight like a maniac the first 3 months or so, and she's been really feelling heavy lately!  she did pretty well with her first set of shots and i'm a little late getting the second (i know bad mommy  :oops: ) but with moving and getting settled and everything i just put it off.

has anyone travelled by plane with their lo's yet?  my mom wants to take me and dd to Dominican in Feb and i'm a little reluctant taking dd on the plane with cabin pressure and everything.  any suggestions? or advice?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #616 on: December 09, 2005, 20:04:27 pm »
We flew with Luke when he was just shy of three months old.  If your lo takes a pacifier, that is good for take off and landing, otherwise, give a bottle.  We will be flying after Christmas and since we don't give the paci anymore, I am going to give him a bottle with water in it.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #617 on: December 09, 2005, 20:07:54 pm »
We have a check-up and shots on Wed so I am looking forward to seeing how much he weighs as well. He was 7-11 at birth. Not looking forward to the shots though :(

We flew to Phoenix for Thanksgiving with Caeden. I didn't have too many concerns per se, just not sure how he would do having to sit for that long. He did pretty good and everyone around us was good about it too. Biggest advice I would have is try to time the flight for a nap and feed during take off and landing or give paci. Also, I would not pre-board.....it is just that much longer to sit and stay in the seat. We waited both times till the end and it worked good. And one of our flights there were problems and overbookings and it ended up leaving an hour and a half after the scheduled time - oh we were thankful we weren;t sitting in our seats all that time. We ended up bumping to another flight and had to hurry to  catch it and ended up being the last ones on. They closed the doors behind us and left. So - I was able to sit down and get situated and start nursing. It worked pretty good for us.

Okay - gotta go - he's playing in the window blinds!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #618 on: December 09, 2005, 23:10:15 pm »
thanks for the advice - really appreciate it!..have easily helped me make a decision to go, that and all the snow we got outside last night  :?
can't wait for spring to take dd outside for any length of time again...won't that be nice!
she still hasn't really 'sat up' per se, she 'sits' but mostly leans forward...but she did stand holding the table for over two minutes today!!!  couldn't believe my eyes, we tried a couple of weeks ago and it looked like she was a long way off but lo and behold she did it!  :D
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #619 on: December 09, 2005, 23:12:35 pm »
I flew with Owen when he was 2 months.  Everything went peachy.  I didn't use a bottle because he wouldn't take one so I just nursed him and it was no problem at all.  The ppl beside me didn't mind at all. 

We are flying again in january and I hope it goes just as well.

Also, we are doing an 18 hour drive to my parents for xmas.  We are doing it in three drives and doing night driving.....  Wonder how it will work.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #620 on: December 09, 2005, 23:14:52 pm »
good luck with the driving daisymelan!  that's gonna be a nice challenge!  not one i'd like to endure anyway - i told everyone if they want to see us this year they can come anytime..we r staying home  8)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #621 on: December 10, 2005, 03:35:06 am »
I joined late but my DD was born June 15th, 2005 and thought I would jump in and say hi. I must admit that I have started to really enjoy using this discussion board and another one that I am signed up on. It helps me feel sane.

My DD has her 6 month check-up next Friday.  She had an ear infection recently but other then that she has been doing really well. I started solids about 4 weeks ago and she is doing well so far except that now we are struggling with trying to drop the catnap and adjusting her schedule.

Ciao,
Leslie

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #622 on: December 10, 2005, 03:39:21 am »
hi leslie!! welcome - i just moved from london to chatham myself...don't ask y...anyway hope things are going well for u so far!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #623 on: December 10, 2005, 12:43:31 pm »
Tawnya,

Are you aware of the London Moms forum?  I have found it helpful I think there are other moms from Chatham on there as well.  The website is http://www.londonmoms.ca.

Nice to see someone local!

Leslie

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #624 on: December 10, 2005, 15:14:15 pm »
thanks for the link leslie - i have been there a few times when dd was first born but haven't been there since, but i will check it out again!   :D
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #625 on: December 11, 2005, 04:02:05 am »
I hate teething!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #626 on: December 11, 2005, 04:10:22 am »
lmao - i feel your pain supermans mom - we've had a rough couple days ourselves.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #627 on: December 11, 2005, 19:16:55 pm »
We've got teething, sleep deprivation (mine and his), trying to start solids today. I will write back when he starts having horrible gas and monster poops! When do they get fun again?
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline teezee

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #628 on: December 11, 2005, 22:14:33 pm »
superman's mom - u may consider holding off on starting solids if there is alot going on with him right now...just a thought...just hope he doesn't get constipated with any of the solids - no fun!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #629 on: December 12, 2005, 12:59:13 pm »
We have finally found a formula that ds will take.  Similac advance!!!  Woohoo.  I suddenly feel like I have freedom and just in time for Christmas and New Year's.

Also, we tried cereal yesterday, but he hated it.  I guess I will try again in a couple days.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)