Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 122465 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #585 on: December 07, 2005, 19:01:56 pm »
We're doing breakfast lunch and dinner in the hopes that it will slow down the gulping 11 oz!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #586 on: December 07, 2005, 19:09:02 pm »
Quote from: jswerczek

Is anyone doing three solid meals a day? We are only doing breakfast and dinner, but I find that he is starving for his 3 pm bottle and if I gave a "lunch" he might make it to the bottle. But I am worried about doing too much before the six month mark. I do have a big boy on my hands, so I suppose he needs a little more than the average joe :)

Toms doing 3 meals a day.... qand hes STAVING on the lunch one, he sits with his mouth open for more food when hes finished no mater how much i give him. Today he had 6 ice cubes (about 6oz) of savory and 4 ice cubes of rice and apricot and was still hungry!! :roll:  I was also worried about giving him too much before 6 months but my health visitor says he needs it, and as hes nearly 6 months old not to worry 8)
He has baby rice for breactfast (4oz), veg and fruit for lunch and veg for tea (about 5 oz) pluss he still has a 4oz bottle at 7.30, 8oz at 3.30, 8oz at 7.30pm and 8oz dream feed!!! Health visitor told me to cut out lunch time bottle as they tell you to do this at 6 months in uk aparently! I do sometimes cheet and try to give asome bottle at luch aswell, but hes just not interested so i give water with his food, which he loves.

Tom started sitting this time last week!! :D , he had shown no inclinartion to before, and always fell over., then suddenly i sat him up, expecting him to topple and he just stayed for about 20 secs. I was at my mum and baby class and i was going, look, look at him, but most of the babies are a couple of months older so all the mums were looking at me as if to say hes sitting up...so what! :oops:  He can now sit a good 3 or 4 mins before he topples, but he has to be in the right mood... he still preferes to stand up alll the time :?  :? (well at least my arms will be strong! :lol: )
Alison

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #587 on: December 08, 2005, 01:54:51 am »
Rabeccaq (spelling):  Let me know how the yoga is!  They are starting one up here and I'm interested in going.

Daisymelan:  I go to mops which is a church organization.  It is $25 to register and then $5 every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month.
Maybe they have one in your area.  Go to http://www.mops.org and there is a box where you can type in your zip code and it will give you a list of meetings in your area.
I understand how you feel.  My family and friends live 6 hours away.  My DH family is here but we only see them maybe once a month!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #588 on: December 08, 2005, 13:05:08 pm »
Hey Adria, the yoga class was great!! :D Some of the exercise were a little too slow for a spirited baby but for the most part he was loving it.  I was expecting a little more of a workout for me, but I have been doing yoga for years so that influenced a lot.  Almost all of the mommies had broken out into a sweat and had the " Boy I'm gonna hurt tommorrow  :?" look.  I plan on doing the routine every other day, especially for Santiago because dh has a tendon problem and since it wasn't caught in his early years he's very stiff, so I want to get ds moving and flexing so won't run into this problem.

On an EXTREMELY happy note, a modeling agent came up to me and asked me to send her pictures of Santiago and he has a casting today for a Nokia commercial!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  It's until 6, so you guys can bet I'll come home tonight and post all about it!!  Wish ds luck!!!
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #589 on: December 08, 2005, 15:16:24 pm »
Does anyone mind if I join this chat? My DD, Marisa, is 17 weeks and born August 11, so I know young, but nobody does the August/Sept. chats.

To start, DD is 17 weeks today and recovering from reflux/MSPI. I'd say mostly textbook baby with some spirited qualities too. Most nights she actually sleeps all the way through from 7:30 pm through 6:30 am - no DF. Although lately she's waking around 4 or 5 am. Not sure - might be teething...

We are struggling with 45 minute naps but lately having some success with wake to sleep. Yay!

Anyway, don't want to jump in unless it's OK. Just envy all the groups that have great chat sessions!
Karen
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #590 on: December 08, 2005, 16:45:30 pm »
WELCOME KAREN!  The more the merrier!

Luke isn't sitting up yet....he's too busy trying to stick everything in his mouth to concentrate!  He does well in the exersaucer, though, so I am sure it's not far off!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #591 on: December 08, 2005, 18:11:54 pm »
Thanks!

Working on tweaking Marisa's routine lately. I think she has been getting too much day sleep and it's causing night wakings again after weeks of sleeping through (she gets amazing sleeping genes from DH). I wouldn't mind - but this is different and doesn't seem like a hunger wakeup - more like she wants to sleep but is too awake. I have had to give her 1-2 ounces to calm her (we don't use a pacifier) and then she watches her crib soother 2-3 times through before falling back asleep.

So, I'm trying to slowly extend A times to 2 hours and limit morning nap to 1.5, second nap to 1.75 and catnap to 45 minutes. This makes us AEASY, but what the hey?!

Speaking of exersaucers, I just started putting Marisa in hers in the past day or two - we have the Baby Einstein one. Even though she's a hefty almost 16 pounds, she's short and doesn't come close to filling the seat well. I put a towel behind her and that works some - but not great. Just wondering when you all started to really be able to use the exersaucer and have your little ones enjoy it? It seems like she will really like it when big enough!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #592 on: December 08, 2005, 18:47:35 pm »
we don't have an exersaucer for dd - we opted for the jumperoo instead.  we started putting her in it at about 3 and a half months.  she too wasn't quite long enough to reach the ground so we found her a little stepping stool so she was able to jump still and she loved it.  have thought about getting her an exersaucer but she has so many toys she barely has enough time to play in them all...maybe i will change my mind a little further down the road.  i would love to have a 'walker' for dd but they are illegal in canada so i guess that is not an option.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #593 on: December 08, 2005, 18:52:49 pm »
I was considering getting DD a jumperoo for Hanukkah! Do you think it's worth it in addition to exersaucer we already have?

Really? Why are walkers illegal?

OK - back to work. In addition to being a full-time mom of a four-month old, I am a real estate broker trying to still do some work from home!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #594 on: December 08, 2005, 19:39:08 pm »
We have both and Luke loves both of them for different reasons.  He can't really jump up and down in the exersaucer, but it has all these fun toys on it for him to play with.  The jumper is on a spring, so he has a BLAST on that!

As for the night wakings, I really don't have much advice for you, except that if she's sleepy...truly sleepy, then I'd let her nap.  The night wakings might be due to some other developmental thing.  (Don't I sound like I really know what I am talking about? :wink: )

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #595 on: December 08, 2005, 20:39:29 pm »
apparantly they are illegal because too many children got hurt ie falling down the stairs with them so instead of holding irresponsible parents accountable they banned them!...not fair to those of us who take precautions and actually watch our children...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #596 on: December 08, 2005, 20:49:03 pm »
I never knew that with walkers! We live in an apartment (New York City), so no stairs to worry about, thank goodness.

Actually, Amy, the nap limiting is on advice of some of the nap mods and site admin - so I'll try it out and see what happens! Also may help her to not fight the catnap as much.

When did you all start on solids? I expect it will be a little while for us, since Marisa will only be four months on Sunday and because she has some food intolerance issues/reflux, but still curious!

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #597 on: December 08, 2005, 21:21:37 pm »
I decided not to put ds in one because I've heard of too many accidents happenning.  So I just do lots of exercises with him and have lots of those foam squares for the floor and have him there almost all day.

About the solids, I started him on about 2 weeks ago.  I've been making my own fruits compotes from non-citric fruits.  He loves them!!  I give him 3 oz 5 pm. I'm going to wait until he's 6 months to give fruit inthe morning and afternoon.
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #598 on: December 08, 2005, 21:33:32 pm »
Hi all - we are doing good here, still struggling with computer issues, so I am off and on.

We started solids last week, started with breakfast and dinner, just rice cereal. Did a banana once and he loved that too. I want to slowly add a vegetable.... what is a good first veggie?

WE HAD AN AWESOME NIGHT..... slept from 7:30 till 3:30  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I was only up like 3 times checking on him  :oops:  :oops:
But we had decided I would not feed between 11 and 5 and he didn't wake for the 11 and then I fed him at 3:30 (cause I was full and thought he would be hungry - he was) Then he ate again at 6 and slept till 7:15. Yeah - maybe we will be able to continue this great night schedule!

Caeden is just starting to sit up well, sometimes falls over, but usually sits there for 30 seconds or so. He loves it - I often put him sitting with the boppy around him and he likes that and can "sit" by himself for awhile before he rolls out and continues to roll all over.

We have 2 different exersaucer style toys, one a traditional exersaucer and another one he walks around the center with 4 different play areas - he loves them both and we use them daily. I also often put him on the  floor and he loves to roll around.

Well - that's the update from here - I will hopefully be on here more and can kept caught up!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #599 on: December 08, 2005, 22:14:48 pm »
Also - just curious. How long are most of your A times?

We are currently extending and shooting for 1:75 in AM, 2 in midday and 2 or a bit more before catnap. And then between 2 and 2:25 before bed.