Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64299 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2016, 19:06:18 pm »
Labrodyk -I am pushing DD through to BT but more out of necessity than choice as she'll do 4 hrs A time now after a nap of 1hr or more & I have a no nap after 5 rule...& she won't take a CN even if I try.  We're still getting 5am wus though, although difference now is that she will go back to sleep eventually whereas she wouldn't if she'd had the 15min am nap.

Not sure what to suggest for AJ...you might find that she is more tired after a 1 nap day and more ready for a 2 nap one the next day? We had alternate 2 & 1 nap days for a while which worked at the time.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2016, 20:29:09 pm »
I have that rule too and she's fighting me on the catnap no matter where it is. But she's also quite grumpy and clingy and will eventual pass out for seemingy ages if I left her. I feel like I'm really pushing her, constantly seeing all her tired cues and keeping her up regardless

After bt asleep at 5.40pm last night she woke properly at 6.15am-is that OK?

Then today she did 1 nap from 11-12.20 then she dozed until 12.50. Bed at 5.25 and she was asleep at 5.35 but she's quite restless tonight. Stirring quite frequently, waking and sucking her thumb. No crying apart from at PD but not solid sleeping.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:46:31 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2016, 19:10:09 pm »
Bless her,  sounds like a bit of OT build up possibly? Maybe she'll take a 2 nap day tomorrow?

DD fell asleep at 9.35 today (in the car) for first time in a week. I only have her 10mins then she slept 1-3pm this afternoon m. I suspect we might have EW tomorrow & not resettling as a result.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2016, 21:17:16 pm »
Going to have to do 2 naps today as she woke at 5.20am and just lay there until 7.00. I think I need to follow her cues more rather than pushing her to one nap. I'm really worried that I'm doing the wrong thing.

So I followed her cues this morning and by 9.30 she was laying down on the living room floor so I put down at 9.30. She fell asleep at 9.50 but then slept a solid 2 hours. Probably a massive catch up but makes me second guess myself. PD at 4 for a nap and she screamed when I left the room and didn't fall asleep until 4.15/20; woke her at 4.30. Should I put her down at 7.30?

How did your DD go?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:12:31 am by labrodyk »

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2016, 06:18:13 am »
Eugh, why can't I get 2 good days in a row! He had 2 hours nap and slept through til 6.30 Friday morning. Then had a 1hr 10 nap and up at 5.50 next day! I want some consistency!

2 naps may be a good idea labrodyk!
Did you get ew too SM?
Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2016, 08:17:24 am »
I agree Choc...
I can't get AJ to do 1 long nap at a decent start time to not make her super OT by BT so I don't think she's ready! Perhaps we're going through a phase? I just can't manage the afternoon well so it's tough.

Yes, SM, how did your night/day go? Any improvements with the EW?

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #336 on: September 25, 2016, 11:55:44 am »
Thanks for asking sorry not been in for a couple of days...

Friday DD did this:
Wu: 6.30
Nap 1: 9.35-45 (I woke her)
Nap 2: 1-3pm
BT: 7, asleep 7.30
10.5hrs night sleep (typical for us after a 2 nap day)

Saturday:
Wu: 6
Nap 1:9.40-10 (I tried to wake her after 10mins but couldn't so she had 20 mins)
Nap 2: 1-2.40
BT: 7
10.5 hrs night sleep - woke at 5.30am

So today we were out early to go swimming so she ended up awake until almost 11. She's still asleep now (12.50). Hoping this will mean a 1 nap day and later wu tomorrow as she'll often do a 12hr-12.5hr night after a 1 nap day.

Labrodyk- it does sound like AJ still needs 2 naps even if the short one is pretty short. Following her cues sounds good if you can.

Choc- do you think the short nap and EW is some OT creeping in? DD had a couple of days with only a 1 hr nap last week & her night was definitely more disrupted with it.

I was thinking back and remember we had this either UT then OT pattern during the 3-2..& EW with both! I think we just had to ride it out.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #337 on: September 25, 2016, 12:28:43 pm »
It could be SM, he is so hard to read though. Sometimes he doesn't seem tired at nap time and others he seems tired really early. I never know where I stand. Yesterday we had a 2 nap day as he fell asleep in the car at 9.20 til 9.45. I put him down again at 1.15 and he slept til 2.45 so I was happy. Then he sttn til 5 woke again at 6ish and was awake on and off til 7 30. He seemed totally shattered by 10am this morning. We held out til 12.30 though.
Gemma

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2016, 18:25:46 pm »
I think the 2 nap days get them used to sleeping around the 9.30ish mark so they keep wanting it..but if it keeps going it turns into regular EW (in my experience)

DD slept 11-1 today. We tried EBT but she was hyper (probably OT) & we couldn't get her to sleep until 7.15!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2016, 22:32:26 pm »
Sounds like things are crazy for us all?!

Following cues we have had 2 proper naps (solid sleeping not tossing and turning trying to sleep sucking her thumb)  twice. 1 of two hours and yesterday 1hr20min. Both she was asleep by 10. Hubby said she showed no tired signs for the second nap but gave her 15/20 mins until 4.15 with bt at 7 and she 2as qsl2ep by 7.30.  She woke at 6.10 so what is classified as early waking? Her mood is much improved so I think I might stick with cues and the earlier nap but push the middle A out until it doesn't work anymore.

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2016, 12:50:48 pm »
Sounds like a plan  :) especially if A is happier I think any wu after 6 doesn't count as EW (with a 7ish BT)

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2016, 09:47:26 am »
Yup, it's messy. There are days when I can't get him to take a second nap at all (Sunday being a case in point) and he just carries on - on 40 minutes of sleep all day! I rush him to bed in the evening and he does tack on, but I'm sure it must impact our nights somehow. That's hard to separate from teething and getting poorly, both of which we have going on right now.

I remember during the 1-0 with DS1 we tended to have set no nap days...I'm probably going to try and have some set 1-nap days because on a 2-nap day the school run goes right over his sleep window. If you miss the window, you're doomed! We had a long slow transition with DS1 because he was early to drop his nap, and I suspect that's what we'll do here.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2016, 12:03:35 pm »
Hello everyone, been just reading everyone's posts for the last week or so M got a virus which caused pink eye and a rotten cough/cold, so we went baby led which I don't think helped our cause!! I had enough of the short nap and attempt at a long nap not working most we get is 1hr/1hr10, EMW and grumpiness yesterday so thought heck with it he surely can't be any worse with one nap!! So we did nap after 4hr40 yesterday, with a WU at 1hr20 I resettled he woke after 2hr 10 himself, normal bedtime and was in a great mood all afternoon, then we had NWing from 3:45- :'( who knows what that was about but would not let me leave and was up for the day at 6:30! Gone for
one nap again today with similar A and a resttle he's asleep now. What sort of A do you do after nap, should it be shorter than the morning one given he's getting used to the longer morning? 

Lady I'm happy with any WU after 6, but then it makes it impossible to do one nap. I do wonder if chopping and changing just prolongs the agony though!

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2016, 13:35:59 pm »
He's still asleep after 2 hours! Yay! Probably a catch up from being OT last few days. Should I let him sleep as long as he wants? And what time would bedtime be?! Wu this morning was 6am on and off til 6.30. Nap was 12.30.
Gemma

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2016, 13:51:44 pm »
Yay we seem to have sleeping babies today!! My sure what it means for tonight though?! M woke himself at 2:30pm but took a 2hr 25 nap broken up in two? I'm not sure what BT to do either?m he woke at 6:30 after a NW for nearly 1.5hrs he wouldn't let me put him down.