Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 65001 times)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2016, 19:45:58 pm »
Nantwich looks lovely!

Argh, this is tough. He was so upset for both naps today that I ended up feeding him to sleep. And at bedtime he was trying to bite me, pull my hair, scratch me etc. Yuck. I think another tooth may be on the move.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2016, 20:13:48 pm »
This baby!!!!

He was up at 5.30, couldn't settle. I got him down for a nap at 9.45, he did 40 minutes....and that was him until bedtime. DH took him for a walk in the pushchair but he just didn't go off, so we went for early bed. I had him asleep for 5.40pm and he was up 20 minutes later, distraught. OT wake up city!!!

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2016, 12:09:45 pm »
MJ&N that sounds like a tough day! Do you think he needs a shorter 1st nap if he's refusing a 2nd one after a 40min nap? How have the last few days been?

Johnnyha- argh! Not sure what to suggest... 5.40 wus for us usually either mean first nap is too early, too long or more A time is needed before BT...but then sometimes DD just does them regardless of routine which makes me wonder whether they are also developmental? She has recently mastered cruising and, around same time, waking a bit later again (6-6.30 but that after 11hrs night sleep so normal for us/her)

Our routine is out the window this week as she's been with my mum for the past 3 days and my mum is just going about her normal jobs, getting sleep on the go when it happens & waking at random times but DD is still STTN and I need my mum to help out right now so I'm just letting it all go!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2016, 19:30:34 pm »
MN&J your morning sounds like ours yesterday, he woke at 5:40 again! Napped 9:40 figured 4hrs would give a good nap and didn't want to push it as we had NW for nearly and he, did 40 mins! We did get a 2nd nap though fortunately. How was your night and how has today gone?

SM sometimes you just gotta let it go, we have M's christening tomorrow so everything will be out the window And DH and I are having an adult mini break, 2 nights child free and my mum has M so will be doing what she likes, I just try to accept it before I go, I'm a bit more relaxed 2nd time round I think.

We pretty much had a one nap day, not planned! Had NW at 3:45 - 4:15 I fed him he shouted out at 5:30 and woke at 6:30. He's started cruising this week and I found him on the 5th step on the stairs too  :-\ so the gate has gone up! I'm actually thinking most of this is developmental. Tried a car nap today and he woke after 5 mins when I paused at a roundabout, we were all going swimming so there was nothing I could do, napped 12:05-1:30 even after only 5 mins and swimming?!?!! Was asleep for 6:30 and was absolutely fine all day, see what tonight brings.

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2016, 18:31:09 pm »
So we've had another one nap day today which did not go great. After a nap of 1hr and 40 mins yesterday he woke after 10.5hr ONS last night, played for bit and started asking for milk, I fed him and he went back down, I didn't have the heart to wake him and he woke himself at 7:50! He was absolutely fine this morning but I panicked and put down for his nap around 12:20 as I didn't want to push it, he protested abit and then slept for an hr! Was okay until after tea time then the whining started, he was asleep for 6:35, so a 5hr A off the back of a 1hr nap, not great. Do you think he was just not tired enough after such a long night? Or do they take a while to lengthen out when you start one nap days?

How's everyone else getting on, did you have a good BH SM & MJ&N?

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2016, 20:30:39 pm »
Hmmm. Teeth are a big problem, I think. And anything even vaguely exciting means he just doesn't sleep! We've had a few 2 nap days and today, we finally (finally!!) managed to get him to nap at 1pm. Feeding, sling walk #1 were both fails, even though he'd been up since 6.30. Sigh.

Early bed tonight!!

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #246 on: August 31, 2016, 10:02:38 am »
Johnnyha- Our BH wkend was a write off as DS was very unwell  :(
Re your 1 nap days... DD was doing something similar for a while-  resettling after EW and sleeping in until 8ish.  I would just do full normal A time after whatever wu time..but start nap no later then 1pm. That seemed to work for a while, alternating with 2 nap days if we got early or normal wu time.

After a short spell of waking later when DD's naps got v short at my mum's and she was OT...we're back to 5.30/45 wake ups and stuck with 2 nap day routine as she's tired before 10. Again just sticking with it for now as she's got nursery visits and I go back to work next week so not got enough stability or consistency to make any changes right now.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2016, 17:22:05 pm »
Things have gone a bit wonky here the past week due to days out and probably another A push needed before that first nap.
As of next week I need to switch her routine up to fit in with my return to work and the routine she will have at the childminders. Currently we do long am and short pm but will need to swap it around.

Her main nap will need to be around 12.30-2 so it doesn't give much time for a cn in the morning. 

Hoping something like this may work (if she will nod off in the morning on the way back from school)

Wu 6
Nap 9-9.15 (3hr A may be on the short side for her)
Nap 12.30-2
BT 6.30

Lauren

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2016, 06:32:34 am »
Hi ladies, I'm checking in as we are in 2:1 now and finding it tricky to fit things around nursery and school runs.
Lauren do you worry that a nap at 9am will cause ew? I was wondering about moving mine earlier to get a better pm. Nap but am scared of ew which we already get. Although he does sometimes go back to sleep.
Gemma

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2016, 11:35:32 am »
Hey ladies quick question:

A 10 hour night is typically OT but can it also be UT?

Here's what's happened:

NW 10; 10:50; 11:55; 4:33; woke at 7:05 then drifted for 20 minutes

WU 7:25 am
S 12:57-2:56 pm (A 5:12; tired and cranky. Drifted easily; briefly woke at 2 hrs)- finally a great 2 hr nap!
BT 7:42 pm (A 4:45; cranky but could be bc of molars)

NW 1 am; up wide awake in a good mood at 6:10.

Maybe I let him nap too long? Not enough A before bed? Argh I can't seem to get it right well almost right considering the teething situation.

He's actually cutting 3molars!!!  :o
Jennifer xx

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2016, 18:30:27 pm »
JennVanessa- isn't that a 10.5 hr night? I think that can be enough for some toddlers especially ifvtheyvdo a good nap? That looks like a pretty good 1 nap day to me...are you doing A times or set naps?

Lauren & choc..I also worry that a 9am nap at this age might cause EW ...but Lauren your BT and wake are already quite early so maybe 9am nap will be ok, especially as it's so short.

DD did a 1 nap day yesterday after not doing a morning nap at her nursery settling in session and crashing out on the way home...12.15-2.45 including lifting her out the car, carrying her up 3flights of stairs to our flat with DS chatting the whole time! Backfired as she had an OT night, still woke early  and was exhausted & grumpy today.  I'm dreading the return to work as I think she might get like that more and more  :(

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2016, 18:36:40 pm »
Once I'm back to work we will need to be out of the door at 7.15am so will need wu to be around 6 so it's not too much of a rush.

I've never managed to get my children to wake at that magical 7 o clock  :(
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2016, 18:41:27 pm »
I've never managed to get my children to wake at that magical 7 o clock 

Me neither..unless they are catching up from some massive OT stint.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2016, 19:14:46 pm »
If she refuses a nap at 9 then I have no idea what will happen, no way can she handle just the one nap and if she falls asleep on the way back from the groups they attend in the morning then the whole day will be screwed up!
Lauren

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2016, 19:54:20 pm »
Well our day hasn't been great. He woke at 4am, was awake for a bit then awake again at 5 and at 6! Then moaned on and off til 6.30.  I went back to work after 6 weeks summer break and dh had the boys. I wrote down all the nap times for him and he still managed to put down 30 mins early for second nap! So got ut short nap and then probably a bit OT for Bt. Why couldn't he just look at what I'd written. It wasn't difficult!
So we shall see what happens tonight. Got a feeling a molar is coming through which can't be helping.
Gemma