Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 121978 times)

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2005, 13:56:50 pm »
Kathy- Jake is usually very happy after his 45min naps but lately he has been a  little cranky but i think that is due to teething.  how did you know to extend Jadyns wake time? i thought about doing it, was she still taking 45min naps when you changed to 2 naps?  when did she extend that one nap.  i would love to see a sample of your schedule. 

thanks so much :)

oh ya, we are also trying to get back into putting ds down awake and teaching him to fall asleep on his own.  sometimes he falls asleep in 20min and sometimes he just wants us to pick him up and falls asleep immediately in our arms.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2005, 15:19:42 pm »
Jennifer - We accidently extended her nap one day.  We were out & about and realized it had been 2 1/2hrs!!  She seemed ok, so the next day she kinda got a little fussy around 2hr wake.  I put her down & let her watch Baby Einstein.  She loves to watch that dvd :lol: It kept her occupied for another 30mins without any problem.  So now whenever she gets sleepy, I pop the video in and she's good to go afterwards.  She's even gone longer than 2.45 at times and up to 3 hrs for the second nap.  Like I said earlier, she's pretty much dropped the catnap. 

If she does have a day when she wakes after 45mins, I try to get her a 30min catnap around 5pm so that I can feed her dinner by 5:30pm.  I usually do that catnap in my sling.  I think the 45mins stopped after I put her to bed completely awake.  She goes down now for all her naps & bedtime fully awake.  At bedtime, she likes to toss around for about 10 mins and I go in after 10 mins & put her back on tummy & she goes out.

Here is her routine
7 or 7:15 wake & bf
8 breakfast (cereal & fruit)
9:30 or 9:45 naps for 1.30mins
11 wakes & bf
2pm naps for 1.30 mins sometimes 45mins then I just give her a
                    catnap around 4:30 or 5pm for 30mins to an hour
3:30 wakes & bf
5:30 Dinner (cereal & veggies)
6:30 bath & nighttime routine
7 or 7:15 bf
7:30 bed
10:45 Df

Hope that helps a little.  Let me know how it goes.  I'm convinced that putting her down & letting her fall asleep independently was the key.  I was rocking for winddown routine & also topping off before naps and it was making her wake earlier.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2005, 15:25:57 pm »
Hi guys, only have a second...just wanted to say I do prettty much the same as Kathy. Only we now put dd to bed at 6:30 and she gets up between 6 and 6:30. So I kind of bump everything up a 1/2 hour. And the only other difference is lunch around 11:45. I also think the key is putting them down awake and the best way to tell if they're rested enough is if they wake up happy and energetic. By the way, I think we've (knock on wood) finally kicked the paci!!  :D

Talk to you soon,

Sharon

Love the picture of Jaydn Kathy!  Will write more later...
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2005, 13:38:05 pm »
thanks guys for the help.  jake is seeming to go down easy, still only napping for 45 minutes but at least when we go to NY in August we wont have a problem getting him to sleep.

ds rolls over in his sleep and i get nervous because he cant roll back over, sometimes i go in and try to roll him over and sometimes he wakes.  should i not do that?

Sharon-congrats to Ella for kicking that paci habit :lol:  :lol:

one more question---when do you guys get any house work done with your lo.  Ds seems to always want my attention and seems to get bored easily.   thanks :wink:

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2005, 15:00:53 pm »
Hi guys,

Sharon - I am so jealous about Ella Rose kicking the paci habit :wink:  I tried it for nap today (ok only for one min then I caved it & gave it to her). 

She woke up last night after going to bed 45mins later!!  :? She was awake for an hour and a half just happy as can be & would cry if I put her back in her crib.  At 9pm I fed her because I was thinking growth spurt, so no df last night.  My husband was wanting really bad to bring her down and let her watch the big game with him (Pistons vs San Antonio) :lol:  I told him he'd have to wait another year at least before he's going to hook her on sports.  Anyway, I gave her the paci after feeding & she still wouldn't go down, so finally, I just left her with the paci to talk & roll back & forth.  This morning at 7am my husband went to get her & she still had the paci in!!  I'm thinking also if she didn't get a df and still slept til 7am, hmmm should I start thinking about dropping it?  I would miss it soooo bad. :(

Jennifer - I stopped turning her over if she rolls on her back because I almost always woke her up.  It's hard though because she wakes so easily when she's on her back. :?  If she's on her tummy, she sleeps much better & can sleep through noises & other things.
I'm glad your lo is going to sleep easily.  If he's happy after 45mins, then just go with it.  Yesterday, after I posted, of course, she woke after 45mins for her first nap, which is unusual.  So for her second nap, she stirred & kinda moaned & was restless for a while.  I went & patted her & gave her paci and she slept for 2hrs(1:30pm til 3:30).  I had to wake her to feed her & she was grumpy that I woke her.  Go figure. 

Does anyone know what July's avatar is going to be?

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2005, 16:51:59 pm »
omg... he did it.  1st nap 1hour 15min!!!!!!!!!! he just went down for 2nd nap, took 10min of rolling around and he is out.   SUCCESS :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

How do you guys post pics.  it always says mine are too big.  i tried to post a pic of jake but it didnt work.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2005, 19:33:20 pm »
Yeahhhhh Jake!!!  Are you not so excited, Jennifer?  I couldn't tell! :wink:  He will still have one or two 45min naps, but most of the time he will just sleep right through it.  GOod job.

For the phots, you have to resize it first and save it as, then use your browser to get the photo that you resized.  Hope that makes sense.  Someone on the website in the Lounge, I think, put the website for the resizer. 

http://www.showyourphotos.com/showyourphotos/photoresizer_free.html

Download the free photoresizer & I think it can be no bigger than 120 x something.  Not much help, am I?

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2005, 20:43:56 pm »
thanks kathy, dont think the photos are coming out okay.  oh well.  btw.. jadyn is beautiful.

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2005, 01:42:37 am »
Jennifer - way to go on the nap!  It's wonderful isn't it when your lo can take long naps without your help.  As for the rolling while asleep, I'm in the same boat!  DD would sometimes rolled in the night and I would have to go in and rescue her.  I don't know how she does it but there were several times when she would get struck in the corner of the crib, faced down and turned 180 degrees!  :roll:   Now, instead of letting her fuss in the middle of the night ( which she sometimes do and then fall back asleep before she knows how to roll), I would have to check on her as I'm worry that she might get under the blanket one day. 

Should I still let her sleep with a blanket?  The blanket is crochet with plenty of holes and she's also in snuggle bag.  What do you think?

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2005, 02:32:04 am »
Yeah on the nap!!!  :D  In my last post I was all "oh, just put them down awake and they'll sleep better, that's the key..."  Well needless to say Ella's been thinking it's a good idea to only sleep 30 minutes in the afternoon these past few days.   :x  Then she grumps all evening.  I'm wondering if she's not getting her top teeth now too.

Thanks for the comments about the paci weaning. I'm very proud of it thought it's definitely causing bumps. Like the 30 min. naps!!!  :lol: We are back to too early wake up times too but all in all it's good. Dd is sleeping at least 11 hours overnight again and if she does wake she can put herself back to sleep or it takes minimal soothing.

I think the blanket's okay Mimi. It's the "re-breathing" they worry about. Like if their face is too close to something and they breathe back in their carbon dioxide. But truth be told, they don't know that even causes sids. They just think it can be an issue and better safe than sorry. So if the blanket has holes in it and your lo knows how to roll over... I think the blanket is probably safer even than tummy sleeping. Knim?  And we also went through the rolling thing... I know Ella would cry, and loud, if she needed help to change position, so I wouldn't worry too much Jennifer. Ella just eventually became a tummy sleeper. I think we need to remember sometimes they have very good instincts and will call to us if they need us. The sids risk also decreases after 6 months. (though of course it's still a scary reality...) We just do what we can. Babes slept on their tummys for a looooong time not that long ago.

It sounds like Jaydn may be ready to drop the df Kathy, you almost have a built in opportunity... though it's sad I know!!! They really do grow up so fast! But Tracy says in her book, 7 or 8 months I think. Once solids are well established. Though I know lots of mums never did it, or dropped it earlier.

Oh and Jennifer, my house is a disaster!!  :lol: And to top it off, dd is suddenly scared of loud noises so vaccuming while she's in the house has become near impossible. Needless to say the dust bunnies are a pilin' up.
I do do some with dd in her chair watching. If I go slow, washing dishes, clothes, etc. and show her everything she's become quite fascinated with what I am doing. And when that fails, I sing my head off and dance while trying to finish something up quickly. I'm a veritable one woman entertainment show!  :lol:

Love talking to you all, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Actually having a big MIL issue that maybe I'll bore you all with one day.

Wonder where everyone else went? Do you think we bored them away?  :wink: I hope not...

Oh and July's avatar is ultrasound pics with the nickname at the time. The poll is a sticky now in the lounge thread.

And Jennifer your pics look GREAT!!!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2005, 15:04:20 pm »
Mimi, i wouldnt worry about the blanket.  ds absolutly has to have a blanket to cuddle with during sleep.  i worry but i peek in and make sure hes ok.  Sharon, thanks for the response on the cleaning.  i am still looking for a part time job and maybe i will find a good paying one and i can find a cheap cleaning lady (in my dreams) 

today was the dreaded 6mth checkup.. i went by myself with ds.  he is now 19lbs and 29inches!  the doctor said to start baby proofing the house becuase ds was reaching and grabbing and he was impressed with his movement but warned me to beware  :roll: other then that all is well.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2005, 02:21:46 am »
Hi guys,

Jennifer - I just figured out that you changed your name (JenniferSimmons to Jakesmom)?  Is that right or am I losing my marbles? 

Anyway, Jadyn had her first fall a couple of days ago (I had to tell my ped about it today) :oops:  So definitely be on the lookout for little Jake wanting to be so mobile.  I sat her down on a recliner in the crook part and picked up a pair of shorts to put on.  By the time I turned around (took maybe 5secs) and there she was head first down the chair.  It scared her so much.  She screamed & screamed and screamed even more when I picked her up.  It was like she was upset with me for lettiing that happen.  She's so active!!  She's either kicking her legs, doing leg raises, rolling back & forth or flailing her little arms everywhere!!  We also had our appt today for her 6mos.  She got 3shots and did not like it.  She weighed 17lbs & 28in.  She's in good shape, he said.

Mimi - Jadyn puts her lovey all over her face to go to sleep.  She can breathe through it, so I don't worry too much about it.  It's the only way she can get settled bfore sleep.

Sharon - Has Ella Rose gotten over the 30min naps?  I don't know which is worse, paci problems or short naps. :roll:  Well, at least she's sleeping really well through the night and being able to soothe so easily.  Jadyn hasn't gotten up early any more after those 2 days.  Today I went and got a Honeywell small fan to put in her room just in case.  It makes just enough noise to block out all the creaks in the floor when I come in to check on her and also when Daddy gets up in the morning at 5:30am.

Jadyn has been soooo happy & smiling lately.  I just look at her & cry sometimes (ok more than sometimes).  She smiles at me differently than anyone else, too.  The nurse today asked me if she has a preference over me or Daddy, and I answered very happily, it's me she prefers.  :D  I told my husband about it and he felt it was an unfair question.  He says because I'm still bfing her that I have an advantage.  That's right, baby.  And I will for another year, too. :lol:   :wink:  Hey, it's not my fault that she wants the boob & I happened to be the one with it, and not him.

Hope you guys will have a great weekend.  I have to go out of town to do a job for Chanel this Sat. and I'm not too excited about it, but I gotta do some work.  It should be interesting me having to pump twice while working and doing people's makeup.  I guess I will take a 15 min break and pump somewhere private. :roll:

Kathy

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2005, 13:54:45 pm »
sorry about the name change with no heads up.  dh came on here and freaked because i had my full name and city and state, hes paranoid but i guess you cant be too careful these days.  he said "anyone can go on this site and see jake and your name, you might as well post your full address."  at first i thought he was crazy but then i watched the news.

sorry to hear jadyn fell, isen't it the worst feeling.  the other day, jake was sitting up with no support, naturally i got excited and turned around to get him a toy to play with and he fell backwards and hit his head :cry: he was not happy!!!

Have a good weekend all :P

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2005, 15:03:00 pm »
Jennifer - I can relate regardings your dh's reaction.  Mine is the same.  I had posted dd's picture and he freaked!  needless to say,the piocture is gone and I so wanted to all of you to see her!  Especially now that her hair has grown back ( Asian belief that if you shave a newborn's hair, it will grow back thicker.   :roll: ), it looked like she has a mohawk!   :lol:

Yes, I totally know how you feel about being the cause of your lo's accidents - at least accidentally.  I have my fair share of them.  It's so sad b/c sometimes I think that she blames me for letting feel this pain!    :(    With her being so mobile, I can understand why there's a helmet for babies! 

Sharon - Have you tried extending her awake time again?  For 1 week now, I have finally figured out the optimal awake times for dd.   2.5 hrs from wake up in morning, 3 hrs before afternoon nap and 3.5-4 hrs bfore bed.  We no longer have the catnap but she does get whiny around 5. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2005, 15:32:22 pm »
Hey ladies.  I just want to check with you to see if you are okay with having the thread this long.   If you're okay with it, then I'll leave it alone.  If it would be easier to start a new thread instead of having 20 pages, I can start a new one and lock this one.  Any thoughts?
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09