Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2  (Read 74788 times)

Offline Mummy23boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2013, 11:03:42 am »
Would you believe he slept from 8.20am to 10.40am! ::o I am shocked, delighted and confused! Lol. 

Offline Papaya

• Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2013, 13:01:29 pm »
Hmm, with those early starts his day is getting really long - have you tried an earlier bedtime, say 6.30? Then even if he wakes at 5.30 the next morning he will have had a good long night, and you'll be in a better position to push out the first A time.
*Nuala*

Offline Mummy23boys

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2013, 14:30:29 pm »
Hi again,

I have tried but the CN is in the way, but if I don't give a CN it's still really long to 5.30, yk? I have tried an ebt of 5.30 but he keeps waking after 30 mins so it becomes a CN. For nap 2 today he woke after 45 mins and I PU/PD and he is now asleep. So today I won't give a CN and go for EBT and see how that goes! I'll keep you posted thanks x

Offline theu.s.lees

• Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2013, 16:16:07 pm »
Melissa - I was going to say the same thing, that his day is really long. Things may settle down and he may stop EW once BT is brought in. That stretch from 3-8 is a really long A time. He may be waking up after BT because he is just OT. This may then carry over to his EW and then make him tired and it hard to reach that first nap.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but our nights have gone to pot. When she was sick she was waking only once and I think it was mostly because her tummy hurt. Now that she's better she's up several times a night. We aren't doing a CN, but maybe we should be. I'm not sure. Here's yesterday:

WU - 9:30 (I know, this is super late. She's been sleeping in lately)
E - 9:15 (BF)
A
E - 9:45 (Solids)
S - 10:45 - 12:45
E - 12:45 (BF)
A
S - 2:30 - 4:30 (I had tried to stretch out her A time but she got so upset, and she cried out a few times toward the end of this nap, but she'd resettle herself)
E - 4:45
A
BT - 6:45

I think she was OT at BT as she wouldn't eat. So she woke up at 8:30 for a BF. Then she woke again at 2:30. I resettled her, but had to do this several times. I had tried nursing after several times but she wasn't having it. Gripe water did the trick. Then up again at 5:45. I nursed her and she went back down until 8.

Thanks for any help!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2013, 23:35:35 pm »
Wow Neyssa she sleeps a ton! I would love that EAS ;)
Are her NW long?

Well I know why we have had unsettledness ::) I accidentally gave T milk solids in a jar of baby food - typical I make all my own bar this 1 type and forgot to check it!

Hugs Melissa. I know what the short nights are like. T was fighting BT something wicked, hence dropping the CN and hoping that he will do a long night once I stick with it a week or so.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Mummy23boys

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2013, 09:36:14 am »
Hi Neyssa,
Oops sorry, I didn't leave him from 3 to 8 without a sleep, I should have put in there that he had a CN in the car at 5.15pm! I'd never leave him 5 hours without a sleep! I'd love your easy! It looks great. :)

Sara wht time is your BT now you dropped the CN?

WU here of 5.30 again and he had half hour nap at 8.15am 😔will shorten his A time for next nap and hopefully get a good nap from him then. Defo ebt of 6.30pm tonight. He moved into his own cot and room last night but I know that's nothing to do with waking early.

Eva's mummy and sarabob how you doing? ???

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 10:13:25 am »
No too bad, i was away for a meting yesterday and daddy looked after her all day for the first time so she ended up having  a shorter 1st A of 2hrs 40 mins and slept for 1hr 20 so i guess its no too bad.

I have been trying to push out her second A to 3hrs 15 and we are getting 45 min naps which leaves quite a while to BT. I don't think she can be UT after that length A time do you?

If i can get a good second nap she will be sorted, saying that her first nap is always between 1hr and 1hr 20min, she never makes the 1.5 or 2 hr mark. Should i be pushing her 1st A time too?

But she is sleeping great at night slept till until 8am yesterday, she never does that (think she knew i was away and gave her daddy a lie in). Not that i ever get one

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2013, 15:00:57 pm »
EM - I wouldn't think that she'd be UT after that second A time. What kind of activities is she doing during that? Maybe in the first part she needs a little more "excitement" but I'm honestly just grasping for ideas! Oh and they always sleep well or do great for someone else. It's like they are saving it up for us.

Melissa - Okay, I was going to say, WOW I can't believe he made it that long.

Sara - S's NW can be long. Lately one has been taking several attempts at getting her back down so about 45 min usually go by. Oh no on the milk solids! It can be tricky. We are vegan and sometimes DH forgets to check ingredients. It is strange what is added sometimes, like it will be dairy free but they will add whey or something.

Well, today S woke at 7. Which is fine, except her A times just aren't long enough to get her to a reasonable BT. I'm not really sure what to do, if I should do a CN or not. Yesterday she had two great naps (1 at 2 hrs and 1 for 2:25 min). But then I think she got OT for BT (It was only 2 hours). Should A to BT be the shortest of the day? She went down okay, but really started to get upset as I was trying to change her and get her situated.

We then had 1 NW, but it was at 11 and took about an hour when it was all said and done. I started with trying to settle. When she woke up 10 min later I offered her nursing but she didn't want that. I gave her gripe water and turned on the heater in her room and she went back to sleep. 10 min later she was up again. DH tried to settle her and that failed as well. So I went up again and she finally nursed and then slept until 7.  I would just love to get rid of these NW. I'm just so tired! Now for today with an earlier waking than she's been doing (though still a fine time) I just don't know how to get through the day. She seems to do the worst when she has a CN, but for now the day looks like she would nap 9:15-11:15 (give or take) and then 1:30-3:30. So BT at 5:30, or 5:15 even?

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2013, 16:46:20 pm »
We just do the usual, play on the mat, time in her walker, sing songs.

What do you suggest that's more exciting?

My angel baby girl

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2013, 17:35:05 pm »
EM - my ds1 was easily on 3 hr15 A at 7 mths ,ths but not more. I'd work on gently pushing the first A.
Neyssa - some LOs like a short first or last A...hard to know till you tweak. Hugs on the long NW. Could be the short day doing it ???
Melissa - BT is now 6.15-6.30 ish. Aiming for 12 hr nights.

Yesterday was this for us
WU 6.30
Nap 9-10.45
Nap 1.30-3.40
BT 6.20 our night was rubbish though due to his intolerances working through that ,ilk ::)
WU 5.45 dozed in cot till 6.15
***Sara***

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2013, 22:41:54 pm »
Ugh - 25 min nap this morning!!!!! Not sure if pain or OT :-\ maybe he has hit the wall so to speak.
***Sara***

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:44 am »
Short naps drive you nuts don't they, they just ruin your whole day. We had a 22 min nap??? for the pm so it was long road to BT.

She has now taken to waking up in the morning, making her way to the bottom of her cot to get her teddy then playing with that quietly so i have no idea when she actually waked which makes judging first A time difficult

I

My angel baby girl

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2013, 17:32:57 pm »
Short naps drive me nuts! Like you said, EM, they ruin the whole day. Yesterday, S struggled the entire second half of the day. She took a 1.5 hr nap in the am, and then a 30 min nap for her pm nap. She was super fussy when I put her down, she was probably OT, but then nothing I did would help her go back down. So the rest of the day was off. I finally got her back down around 4:20, where she napped again for 30 minutes or so. So a 6:45 BT. It went better last night, but we had 2 NW.

I keep getting told her days are too short and her day sleep is too long but then how do I get through the day. No matter what I do it seems she only seems to make it 2.15 maybe 2.5 hours. With that, the day is short without a CN. We got rid of the CN because she seemed to be fighting it so much and because it is falling around 6 anyways, which doesn't make a ton of sense!I guess I need to look at the sample EASYs but how are you guys extending your A times? It is tough with another LO running around, so I can't always just hold her and distract her.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2013, 02:46:42 am »
Ladies I'm thinking of pushing T to 3 hrs and just holding. :-\ the day is wonky otherwise and BT to early.

Anyone tried this...I can APOP though the OT if he will let me?
***Sara***

Offline Papaya

• Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2013, 06:47:01 am »
Sorry, no real advice hun - F didn't drop the cn until 6.5 months so we did just push to 3hrs then, but she was older. I'm useless at this transition tbh because we never did it gradually - just dropped it overnight! If you can APOP though, and he'll do good naps for you, it might be worth a shot.
*Nuala*