Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2  (Read 75305 times)

Offline jcsmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • We're in Toronto, Canada
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2013, 15:31:48 pm »
She will go back after nursing, it's just we had a good run where she was STTN! She will nurse then go back down for another hour or so. I am going to try cutting the DF. I started it at 5.5 months but I think it may be disturbing her sleep. Her sleep needs are changing so fast and I can't keep up.
I find the 1.25 hour naps a pain as they are not restorative enough to get a nice long A after. I tried 3 hours A this AM. She woke after 35 mins but resettled for another hour after some major ap. I really want to cut the catnap as right now we are driving her and it can take an hour of driving! Plus when she has the catnap she fights BT and I think this is what is causing her to wake at 5ish.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2013, 15:59:58 pm »
I used to DF since she was tiny then dropped it cold turkey at about 6 months as it was disturbing her sleep and she never even noticed she still woke up at her usual time. The good thing was as i wasn't having to do the DF i could get an early night if she had an EW.

As for UT causing EW i'm not sure i always wondered that myself but i know for sure when my LO is OT we always have EW and i'm pretty sure that is what is happening with us again now  :(

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline theu.s.lees

• Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2013, 17:19:45 pm »
We didn't do a DF with either child. I tried once or twice for S, but it never seemed to make a difference. So I figured I may as well stop before it became something else to wean.

jcsmom - if you don't nurse will she go back to sleep? It may take some APing to get her back down, but it may be worth a try for a few days to see if it makes a difference. Extending the A times may help as well. I think if you're having to drive her around for the CN you should def just cut it out. It seems like she's fighting it a bit.

Before we stopped the CN we were getting EW and CN refusals. That's when someone suggested the 3-2. There are some days that we still have to CN just because it would mean a 4pm BT due to low A times. The hardest part is just getting those A times long enough to make it all day!

Offline MommyMoulton

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2013, 19:01:00 pm »
Well DH and daycare have done very good over the last few days with dropping the CN... She is managing around 2.75 hours A time. and a 3-3.5 hours to BT with an EBT. Im not sure what I will do next week when I am on nights, as I have to drive 35min to my in-laws right around when CN time used to be, Im afraid shell nap in the car and completely ruin out evening routine. ugh.
Melissa

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2013, 19:04:02 pm »
We had been getting my dh to resettle all nws but at that hour she just won't settle for him. I think she is OT from crappy daytime naps. I pushed her second A today to 3 hrs and she fought her nap like crazy. She was silly OT so too much too soon. She slept 30 mins and nursed back to sleep right away. But she is in bed with me and I have worked so hard to get her sleeping independently. Maybe I should just accept 3 short naps!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2013, 19:13:55 pm »
Ladies, we did a CN yesterday and it was a revolting night. Is gone. I refuse to have it any more when we spend hours getting him down, to then NW and EW. Ugh.

So...anyone doing set (ish) naps? We are in a bit of one good night one bad night cycle but I think T needs regulation so I thinking setting 9am (with a 15 min window) and then 1.30 (same window) with 6-6.30 BT

Am I mad?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2013, 19:20:34 pm »
Hi Sara, Not at all to be honest the thought of set naps did cross my mind aswell.

This is an average day for us at the moment,

W 6:00
E  7:00 Bottle (6oz)
E  8:00 Breakfast
S  9:15/20 - 10:25/30
E  11:00 Bottle (3/4oz)
E  12:00 Lunch
S  13:40/45 - 14:50/15:00 (sometimes she does a 40min nap here so BT is 18:00)
E  15:00 Bottle (3/4oz)
E  16:30 Dinner
BT 18:30 Bottle (7oz) and bed.

But recently she has been waking at 4:40 & 5:40 so i try to feed and put her back to sleep, it works sometimes not always.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 19:36:09 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My angel baby girl

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2013, 20:45:01 pm »
I have thought about the exact same set naps and times just to regluate Chloe's system too. With a catnap our day is too long but with 2 naps I spend my day resettling. If you think he is not too OT at the month I'd go for it! But like Eva's Mummy we are now getting EW's so I am pretty certain I have an OT baby on my hands. Someone needs to try it!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2013, 02:10:17 am »
EM, your EAS is great. I think she just needs a tiny bit more am A then a between am and pm and those EW may ease a little :)

JC - this is us. CN ruins night, 2 naps only works if day is short ::) we get into a cycle. But today I'm pushing A times. CN is history. I'm done with it and it just makes OT and short night. At least without it we will OT but longer night to deal with it.

I think I'm going to try this extended A with semi set times. A 2.45-3 hrs depending on night and naps. BT no earlier than 6pm. Acceptable WU no earlier than 5.30/6. First nap no earlier than 9am. :-\ and cross my fingers!
***Sara***

Offline Mummy23boys

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2013, 08:03:55 am »
Hi all,

I'm seriously thinking about set naps too! We are getting back on track from being in hospital and a tooth came up too and one on the way, so we are a bit all over the place! Lol! CN are ruining our days too...hate them! We are 3 hours A time and I think he could do more, possibly high A needs. Just not sure though. Ugh! ::)

Eva's mommy our easy is quite similar to yours ;)

Got to run DS2 is running riot! Lol xx

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2013, 08:14:20 am »
We had a great day! But our problem is T can't quite do a 12 hr day. So this is why we get so screwed up! Ie good day bad day ::)
Today WU 6.30
Nap 9.20-10.50
Nap 1.40-3.15
BT 6.05

We get silly NW though still ::) I'm going to push these As I think :o
***Sara***

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2013, 08:22:38 am »
Sara, Looks like T is going to be high A times aswell. Are you going to go for set naps? I was thinking about it as she is starting with a CM soon so it might be easier to tell them the times she naps instead of expectinf her to count her A time. What do you think?  If we do set naps so we need to do a set WU and BT?

We went for a 3hr 32min first A (a bit of a struggle) but we will see if she does a good nap or a 30min one. I just need rid of the EW as i feed her and put her back down so it throws off her bottles a bit. Just realised they started as soon as we came back from out wedding last week, she had 2 days of 9hr nights and only around 1hr day sleep on those 2 days so it seems to have really thrown her.

Mummytojames, I would just ditch the CN cold turkey, we lost it on 3hrs A time and did EBT and it worked so much better. I think CN through everything off.

Do any of you bottle feed?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:32:12 am by Eva's Mummy »

My angel baby girl

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2013, 10:58:09 am »
Well that didn't work, i got a 35 min OT nap. What A time would you do next?

My angel baby girl

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:10 am »
We did 2 naps yesterday and the same BT as usual as she just would not settle until 6:45. So A's were 3, 3.5 (eek) and 3. A screaming ot nw from 10-11 the she slept through til 6:45. Going for first nap at 9:30.

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2013, 16:26:55 pm »
We didn't make it to 9:30. She was a fussy mess by 8:45. So I decided to follow her cues and put her down. Of course she slept 55 mins. She woke happy but was clingy all morning. I don't even know what A time to shoot for.  So it's a 3 nap day which means late BT and NWs.  I hate this!