Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2  (Read 75304 times)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2013, 01:57:45 am »
Our EBT tonight was 5:50! And I was late, aiming for 5:30-5:45! We had two shorter naps (still technically good, but she can't make it that long afterwards...) of 1.15 and 1.45 for her naps. DH may have been quick to get her up from the first as she has been waking up around then playing a little but settling back to sleep after 10-15 minutes. But I was on a "donut date" with M! 

She had done well yesterday, but we didn't get her to bed on time so we had an OT baby. She went down fine (and was fine through the evening) but woke around 9:30 very upset. Then another NW where DH had to give her EBM because he tried everything else. I didn't realize he did, or I would've nursed. But she did take 3 oz, which I'd say is significant enough to seem hungry, I guess. I'm hoping she doesn't have an EW to push BT even earlier!

I'm not quite ready to go to set nap times with her. It is a good idea, but with her A times not being fully consistent I don't think we can make that leap.

jcsmom - I know how you feel. If we nap what I think is good sleep is off at night (or still 1-2 NW) but if she naps horribly she sleeps well. But neither is consistent.

WRT work...I'm not going back, per se. I'm a photographer so I do work, but I was also doing a desk job before S 2 days and week and I'm not going back to that. We are buying a house right now, so I may get a couple day a week job at Starbucks just to give us a little extra money.

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2013, 04:17:41 am »
FYI. Major night fail so far and it is only 9:15. S woke after about 2 hours and it took me another 1.5 to get her back down. I tried everything - resettling, shhing/patting, finally nursing. She did okay nursing but not quite enough so we tried a bottle which made her very upset. I did gripe water more shh/pat. When she was quiet I would just hold her. If I set her down she'd get mad again, but then she was just staring at me. But when I'd set her down, she'd rub her eyes so hard. Then I gave in and tried advil. I don't know what worked. Is this becoming a bad habit, or just OT waking? Or is this UT? Should I've done a CN instead. They just seem to backfire too! AHHHHH.

Thanks for letting me vent/scream. Oh and that's her again. Wow, an entire 10 minutes of peace.

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2013, 04:35:40 am »
Neyssa, all I can say is arrrggghhh us too! T did this last night. Hugs.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2013, 06:06:01 am »
Horrible night after waking from her 2nd nap at 1:55 i took her a walk in her buggy and she fell asleep from 3:50-4:15 so she has a wee 25min CN. Then BT at 6:30 everything was going well until 3:05am when she woke up crying i tried for 40min to get her back to sleep without feeding but everytime i tried to settle her in the cot it made her worse then when i took her out for a cuddle she settled a bit but was looking all around the room if i put her down she started again so i gave in and fed her. She took 4oz then went back to sleep.

I don't think she can be hungry as she stopped waking through the night for a feed when she was 8 weeks old. What do you all think?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline Mummy23boys

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2013, 07:12:09 am »
Hi Neyssa, hugs to you! It's so hard to distinguish between OT and UT isn't it? Has she any teeth? My guy is having a terrible time with his. Would you push her A a bit and see if it helps?

Looks like we all had bad nights! Hugs to Sara and Eva too! 😘
Eva I know when my DS woke crying in the middle of the night it's either one of two things..he can't get to his lovey or its his teeth!

I have decided not to go with set naps!!! Yesterday was HORRIBLE! Naps of only 1 hour, no resettling and lots of tears! I have a really OT baby now and he woke at 5.10am this morning, went back to sleep at 5.40 and woke again at 6am!! No not happy at all. I don't think either of us are ready for it yet! I couldn't go through another day like yesterday. Poor guy :(

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:32 am »
She was fine with her lovey but she does have 3 teeth coming in. (I hate teeth). I wasn't sure if the CN might have thrown her off as she's not had one in months.

We are struggling to find times for set naps with her starting a CM in 4 weeks. Jessmum46 suggest we aim for 9/9:30 CN then 12:30/1 big nap. In principle this sound like it would fit but i'm worried that an early AM nap would lead to EW then its a long time to BT if she short naps the 2nd one but it will be hard to work it round the CM times.

I really don't want to go back to work (its 3 days) but i want to stay at home with my baby  :'(

My angel baby girl

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:26 am »
Morning all
Bigs hugs on your NWs. No NWs here and good EAS overall again yeaterday but we had another EW of 5.10 and took me till 6 to resettle (only feeding would work) then up at 6.40 so at least got a good wake time to play with today. DS was defo OT at bedtime as he cried which is unlike him so going to stick at yesterday's A times again today but try for a more timely bedtime. Just lasted 3hr 10 before 1st nap so we will see how that goes again today. Do u think that is the right approach?

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2013, 14:30:38 pm »
All I can say is that I need the biggest coffee money can buy today! After it taking until about 10pm to resettle her last night, she then had 2 more NW, one of which I fed her. She did sleep until about 7 this morning, so hopefully we can start fresh today. Of course, DH insists we spend the day at my parents so that he can watch the Masters (golf). It's normally fine, except she doesn't always nap as well there and after a night like last night. Plus, he's all dressed like he's going on a run once we get there. So I don't even get my run because I'm not going to show up and leave. Rant over.

I will try to push A times a bit and hope for the best. I'm not sure about teeth as Advil didn't seem to make a difference last night. In fact it was worse last night with the Advil then the night before without. Plus, it's been about a week and still no tooth to show. DS did something similar around this time and no teeth until 11 months!

Kate - I think you're doing the right thing. It sounds like nights and days are going well. As long as you don't push too much too quickly, I think you should be okay.

EM - I too, hate teeth. I wish that they would all come in at once instead of months and months on end.

HUGS all around. Today is another day, right?!

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2013, 14:49:36 pm »
I was wrong about teeth we don't have 3 coming in. WE HAVE 4!!!!

Well today has been ok, wo

Wake   6:45
A   3hrs 20mins
S   10:05 - 11:20   1hr 15mins
A   3hrs 10mins
S   14:30 - woke at 15:00 resettled at 15:10 and just woke now 15:50 and resettled!

That is so unlike her she never resettles, fingers crossed this is her at long last catching up.

You always feel that if you get 1 good day it will reset everything again and we will go back to nice days and no NW.

I hope we all have a good night tonight x
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 14:55:24 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My angel baby girl

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • We're in Toronto, Canada
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2013, 15:09:16 pm »
I did a CN yesterday after 2 rubbish naps. I think we are in a major loop now. Bedtime at 6:45 and straight to sleep. She woke at 12 crying her eyes out. My DH gave advil and I nursed but she really didn't nurse, just gummed. So I think teeth. She woke at 5:30 for the day. i tried to nurse and put back down but she only maybe resettled til 6. Got her up at 6:30 and did a nap at 8:30 (so 3 hours A) and got a 25 min nap. I resettled and she kept waking every 10-20 mins until 10:30. No sure if the 5:30 wake is from OT build up or from CN. I am just getting so frustrated as it seems no A gets us a good nap anymore. I think what was once UT is now major OT and we can't seem to recover.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2013, 15:15:17 pm »
Thats exactly how i feel. However she is still sleeping now and i'm now worried she will have had too much day sleep today but maybe she just really needs to catch up. I think if she hits 2hrs 4:30 i will wake her then do 7pm BT or maybe 7:30pm what do you think?

My angel baby girl

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2013, 15:39:05 pm »
I think I would be tempted to wake at 4.30 then aim for just after 7 for bed.

Mine has done really well today - 2 x 1.5 hr naps and A times of 3hr 10. Going to aim for final A time of 3 hrs and 7pm sleep and see what happens. So hoping for an 11hr sleep through for 1st time in over 4 weeks since the EWs started although no idea how we would then manage a day starting at 6 - am concerned about pushing A beyond 3hr10 to 3hr20 which would then make a 13 hr day doable if the naps stayed at 1.5hrs. I know he will only do 11hrs at night absolute max so think we have got a few more tricky weeks ahead til those As are sustainable. He is 7 months in just over a week so feels young for that length A time!

EM - good luck with those teeth. Not had to face that one yet but am sure will be here soon!

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2013, 16:18:55 pm »
So if your LO will only do 11 at night but can't handle the A time needed for a 13 hour day, what do you do? Kate our los are the same age. What A's are you working on?

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2013, 16:28:51 pm »
Very good question and what is currently vexing me! I guess we just have to work on things slowly to increase A time.

Well we will see how today goes on 3hr10 A times - he seems to have managed these fine as naps have been 1.5hrs but I will reserve judgement to see how bedtime and EW goes!

What A times are you doing? Am I crazy to consider 3hr20 which would make a 13 hr day work?

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2013, 16:42:49 pm »
Our A times are all over the place right now. I don't really know! She short naps on every A time so I have been trying to follow her cues, but they are getting me nowhere. I may just go for set naps as things are all over the show sleepwise. She had 2 hours this morning but it was really broken so I was going to shorten her next A by abut 20-30 mins. Then if needed we will still have time for a catnap and our day won't be too long.  think this has been my problem all along. I keep her A's short so there is time for one and she now is OT from UT, you know?

What BT are you aiming for?