Author Topic: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6  (Read 68026 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« Reply #330 on: September 21, 2015, 18:16:34 pm »
First mum - canines?? Major tiredness and not making nap time here when those hit :(

M&E - will she go down earlier after a 30 min nap?  My instinct would be you a getting OT second naps so I'd pull back second nap to say 12 and see what happens x

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2015, 19:40:28 pm »
Hi, she may go down earlier. I put her down to bed tonight at 6.15, so goodness knows what time she will wake :o. So would you suggest sticking to 9 ish for a 30 min nap and then bring 2nd nap to 12? what about BT if she still cat naps? or has a decnt nap what time for BT.  Sorry to bombard you with questions, need to attack this head on ;D

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2015, 20:17:48 pm »
Hi M&E this sounds similar to what my lo did betwen13-14 months before we started dropping to one nap.  I brought that first nap right back to 15 mins and had a set nap at 11:30.  It took a couple of weeks to get to 11:30 we had a couple of 10-10:45 naps which I would do ebt.  Bedtime for a few weeks or so was 6pm and its only now we are stretching her back to 6:30.  ebt is always my go to if we have short nights or rubbish nap.  My lo is usually good at tacking on.

I tried a couple of 7pm bedtimes to see if it helped with the ew but all it did was make her more ot.  We have accepted that when stuff is going on she will ew.  Its usually 5:15 (5:20 today) but thankfully we are now at a place where she will play and chatter until just after 6 when she shouts out for daddy  ;)

Do try and resettle with the ew?
Have you tried one nap?

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2015, 05:35:19 am »
Well we went for an earlier night and got 11hours!!!! so that's a result, no idea what to do today lol x

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:03 am »
Take the win!!

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2015, 21:38:51 pm »
Hey ladies how are we all going?

Trimbler I just read your thread before...so frustrating isn't it...Im definitely no expert as am dealing with my own issues at the moment..
But if I was you I would MAYBE - cap the morning nap even further??  You know her best though.  Or - another option -
APOP the arvo nap to make sure she is getting two hours for a good few days to get rid of the OT - then reduce the morning nap by 5 or 10 mins?
We were going pretty well until the weekend when dd got a bad temperate - and sore throat/virus. 
Nights obviously got pretty bad...and still are as I think because I've been letting her sleep an hour in the morning - to catch up cause she's been so tired as she's been sick - she's then sleeping two hours in the arvo - and her TWT is so low - she's then staying up for an hour sometimes an hour and a half usually around 3.30am!!! Too much day sleep?? She's a lot better now - so am going to start capping morning nap again as before she got sick she was doing really well.

We were doing
WU (Around 6/6.30)  She was having 1 NW at 5/5.30 and previously I was feeding her and bringing her into our bed..But we stopped that and she only whinges for 10 mins then goes back to sleep. YAY
Nap - 3 to 3.15 hours after wake up for 45mins
Nap - 3.15-3.5 hours after MN for 1.5-2 hours
Bed - at 7
My DD will be 14months at the end of this month for reference.

These times were here and there - but pretty much like this..and she was STTN..For a week!! Then she got sick!
so we're back to trying this routine again...Ahhhh it never ends hey!!!

Hope everyone else is going ok??

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2015, 19:43:35 pm »
Any one have ideas or experience on what a long NW means? We've started capping morning nap again. Back down to 30 mins as dd is better now. But still getting two cry outs at around 2hours after bed, then at around 1.30 ss quickly. Then a full wake up at around 3.30/4. This Wu she requires a cuddle and she's quite upset. She eventually calms down but she then tosses and turns and babbles a bit for an hour to an hour and a half... ??? Then goes back to sleep for exactly 1hr40mins then up at 6.10!!

Any ideas ? These long NWs started when she got sick last weekend. Before that she'd either not wake up or settle herself within 10mins.

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2015, 23:05:30 pm »
Hi Laura!
We were having lots of Nws not too long ago and I don't know exactly what to attribute to it. You could certainly try several things but it'll probably take a while to see what works or doesn't.
People have suggested:
Extending A times
Capping morning nap further
Capping total daytime nap to 2 hrs
All the while medicating if you see signs of teething

What are your thoughts on what your LO is going through?

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2015, 05:18:44 am »
We have had two semi successful day/nights.  Putting to bed at 6.15, we are getting 11 hours at night and 1hr 30 total in day with a 5.15 Wu, so not great on the WU but felt more confident.  Then there was yesterday!!!! I messed up big time :(.  We had a 30 min nap in am as normal, then she dropped in a whopping 2 hour nap in the pm, finishing at 2pm.  I was unsure what to do with BT given the longer nap time, I didn't want to push A time too long, and worried about pushing Bt out too late so I kept A time at 4.5 and went with 6.45BT, she was fussy and went down like a dream, until 4.30!!!! when she woke for the day  :'(

Offline my_tribe

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2015, 14:16:22 pm »
Hi mamas,
I would love your advice! Over the last couple of months our daughter who is now almost 13 months has been on interesting schedule. Although its been super consistent. We were traveling and when we got home it seemed to be the only thing that worked although it hasn't been a typical schedule for her age.

7:30-8am wake, nurse
11-11:30Nap 30mins, Nurse
12 lunch
3:30-5 nap 1.5 hours nurse
5:30 dinner
7:45 6oz bottle
8pm asleep by 8

Over the past couple of weeks she's been pushing out her naps. She often won't take her second nap until 4pm or later. She isn't always going to bed so easy and she's been waking up much earlier in the morning normally around 6:30.

Do you think she's beginning to drop her morning nap? What would you suggest?

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2015, 15:22:46 pm »
Well as I predicted today has been a mess :(, 30 mins nap at 8am, she was falling asleep on lap so couldn't push her anymore then 50 mins pm, finished at 1pm

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2015, 00:14:55 am »
Hi M&E we too had a couple of really early morning cn but I think 30 mins might be a bit too long so your lo may not be tired enough for a decent lunch nap.  From memory we rolled with a few really early morning cn of 15 minutes and stuck to set nap at 11:30.  One of the ladies on here had posted that quite a few bubbas will want to go back to sleep 1.5-3 hours after waking just because, but if I wanted to get a better overall sleep for her I needed to push her through.  With her big nap anything under 1.5 hours and I do everything I can to resettle even if its just me being there so she has quiet/restful time.  I then made a real point of keeping her going over this sleepy time.  New activities/baking/messy play.  Anything to keep her occupied and over the sleepy hump.  Big hugs!

Hi My tribe sounds like it  :( to be honest my lo did this too but I kept pushing for 2 naps for another month or so.  If you think your lo still needs 2 naps why don't you cap the morning nap right back and then go for an earlier 2nd nap.  It may mean an earlier bed than you are currently doing but might be worth a try? 

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:56 am »
Hi Ginger 😊 I really don't know...?
Could be SA, teething or a routine issue I guess! Would be good if she could just tell me!!
I've extended her morning A before her catnap by 30 mins so will see if that makes a difference.
If for another week we continue to get these long NW's I think I'll cut MN down to 25 mins.
She'll be 14 months in a week so that 1 nap goal should be almost in reach 😁😁
I'm not feeding her in the night now. Think she's hating that 😞 usually is quickly feed her at the early morning wake and she'd go back to sleep a bit quicker. Maybe that's why, she's a bit shocked by the change ?!!
M&E and MyTribe
I'm in the same boat. We were doing 30min Mn then 1.5-1.75 an
She then got sick so have been doing 45min mn and 1.5-2hr an!!
But think it's now affecting her nights as possibly too much day sleep.
Will be following along ! Sorry I have no advice 😁

Offline Dino44

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #343 on: October 04, 2015, 08:17:06 am »
Hello! Just found this thread and sounds very similar to what we are going through. After a few weeks of going between 1 (4.5-5hours after WU for 2-2.5 hrs) and 2 naps (10-10.15 & 12.45-2.45), we have been solidly on one nap now for about a week. We are getting a solid 2ish hour nap every day but a big NW every night anytime from 12ish onwards but typically 3ish. We still get this with 2 naps but also get EW so just jumped solidly to 1 nap. This means although our nights are approx 11.5-12 hour length, with the 1 hour-1.5 hour NW, he is not getting enough sleep! May be teeth so am medicating, but feel like there is something more up??

We are on
WU 6.30-7
Nap 5 hours after WU
Bedtime 7pm (typically this is 4.5-5 hours after nap WU).
Any thoughts?
LO is 12 months

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2015, 13:48:56 pm »
Quick update, we cut am nap down to 10 mins and then did a lunchtime nap which worked still kept BT around 6.15-6.30 as she would only do 1hr 30.  Night sleep was around 11 hrs with wakes ups getting as late as 5.45 yay!!! Lasted 3 days.  Then it went wrong :(.  The last 2days naps have been a nightmare barely an hour all day, with an early wake up at 4.30 yesterday. We went with a 6pm BT last night which got me a 5.40 am wake up, today I thought I would aim for 1 nap as the last 2 days she has only had 10 mins in the morning but pm nap had been 30-40mins. Today I bought the nap forward from midday and she settled at 11.30 only had an hour so will prob go for an early BT tonight again .