Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33951 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2011, 19:15:05 pm »
Wowee good one Melissa! :) :) :)

BUT MY BABY SLEPT FROM 7.10PM - 6.55AM!!!!
Awesome Kara! We have the same now, Zac is doing 12 hour nights. If he NW they are short (usually teeth ::) ) I think the 1 nap days really help the chronic EWers.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2011, 19:16:32 pm »
I was thinking the same thing - the single nap really does seem to put an end to the 5am business!

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2011, 19:48:55 pm »
Thanks for the continued advice.

He was up at 6am today, first time in ages.  If that continues it will be hard to get the nap late enough to just be one nap.

Also he slept 1hr20mins this morning, with child minder.  He never ever does that with me!  Thinking it may still be catch up though.

Well done on all the successes!  Hope I can join you in a few weeks!
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2011, 20:05:12 pm »
choc...my dd sometimes will wake that early...just stick with your set time no matter the wake up time...he will adjust...her range since we started has been 6:15-6:50 and either way she goes down at 11:30...bet you can't wait to be off all that time with him and try to get this under control...even at an hour 20 mins he'd wake at nearly 1 (if you did the 11:30 nap time) then you could prob keep him up til anywhere around 6-6:45

Kara...wow consistent 2 hr naps?!  that's awesome....was really hoping i'd see 2 hrs today ...day 4!  oh well..there's always tomorrow...I still struggle with BT...not knowing what time to do...if you got a 1hr 40 min A (waking at 1:10pm) what BT would YOU do?  I was thinking 6:30-6:45?
<3 Melissa

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2011, 20:15:02 pm »
I would go for 6pm personally and hope for a good night. If your LO doesnt do well with EBT though then Kara prob has better advice on BT :)
***Sara***

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2011, 20:32:30 pm »
well lets see yesterday she did 1hr 45 min nap....waking at 1:15...was asleep by 6:50pm and woke at 6:30 sttn

today was 1 hr 40 min nap....waking at 1:10...was figuring she did well yesterday but I also want to do whatever will encourage her nap to grow longer...figure that is about a 12 hr night combined with day sleep her total day/night sleep was 13 hrs 45 mins...think I should kick it back a bit more and try to get 14+ hrs?  mostly doing 6:30-6:45 BT but last night she lingered a bit...want to keep it around no more than 15 mins difference each night so i need to decide and stick with it...if i did do 6pm and she still slept say til 6-6:30 would that encourage a longer nap?  sleep begets sleep?  is that what you are thinking sara?

well today i am at work so getting her down for 6 is near impossible but maybe I will shoot as close to it as I can which will prob be 6:20-6:30 I am just trying to get this nap longer without causing NW's or EW's you know?  one wrong move...and bam!
<3 Melissa

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2011, 22:59:09 pm »
Well really the EBT works because if that nap is shorter than expected and your LO is tired you are preventing from them getting too OT by BT and encouraging them to catch up on lost sleep overnight to be better rested the next day.

So say you get a short nap and your LO is clearly exhausted by 6pm, rather than keeping her up to 6.30 and having NW and possibly a short night (as often OT babies wake earlier) you are giving her the opportunity to go to sleep less OT and hope she wakes at the usual time, or for us sometimes later. If your LO does this then it really helps prevent cumulated OT that forms with the 2-1 and long A times. However, it doesnt work for all.

1hr40isnt bad, you are nearly there TBH..you could try adding 5mins onto her A time for a week and see if that encourages a touch longer nap. If so then try another 5. (or just go for 10-15min jump)

Great progress!!!!!!

***Sara***

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2011, 03:03:35 am »
Kara...wow consistent 2 hr naps?!  that's awesome....was really hoping i'd see 2 hrs today ...day 4!  oh well..there's always tomorrow...I still struggle with BT...not knowing what time to do...if you got a 1hr 40 min A (waking at 1:10pm) what BT would YOU do?  I was thinking 6:30-6:45?

I knew I shouldn't have posted that - got 1 hr 45 min today ;)  Woke at 1:30pm.  I still kept her up until her normal BT of 7pm.  I just keep things very low key as much as I possibly can...

I generally will not put down before 645pm.  Even with an 11 hr night, I would be up before 6am and that screws the next day up ;)

If she takes a way short nap and wakes before 1:30pm, I would just try for a quiet snuggle on the couch with books around dinner time to let her take a break and get through until bedtime.  I have even just sat in the dark bedroom with her for a snuggle for 10-15 mins before (when doing the 3-2) and it has often been enough to get her through.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2011, 11:13:33 am »
haha don't you hate when you jinx yourself? well my plan last night was 6:30-6:45 bt but got out of work later than hoped and then construction traffic grrrr...she did fine though and was asleep by 7:10...has sttn waking briefly around 5:30....i thought nooooo...but before I even got finished warming her bottle she had gone right back to sleep...and at this very minute has done 12 hrs straight!  awesome.... here is my question of the day lol...I would really like to push the 11:30 closer to 12...today is day 5 of the set 1 nap time and I don't want to ruin any progress we have made so could it be too soon to try to push it to say 11:40? maybe give her a solid week on the 11:30? kara do you have any plans of pushing it later? just think it would help with the later BT and balance her A times out more if it were just a little later but again I don't want to ruin anything so I need to be careful and just thought with the later wake up time today, maybe its a good day to try? but I def want to stick with a SET nap as I think it really is a good way to set the body clock what do you think? I'll wait a few more days if you girls think its too soon. it's going on 7:30 and still sleeping...hmm wonder if I should wake her at all..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:26:49 am by lily528 »
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2011, 15:04:34 pm »
Don't wake her!!!!

I would let her sleep and use today as the first day to push her nap a bit ;)  If she normally is doing an average A time of say, 4 hrs 45 mins, use that as a guide for the new nap time ;)

I think we have either teething or a bit of OT creeping in... she napped for 1 hr 45 min yesterday and was quite moody around dinner time (she generally is though)... refused solids but took a bottle fine.  Still took her BT bottle and went to sleep easily at 7pm (Advil given at 6.30).  She woke crying at midnight but went back to sleep with a bit of reassurance from me in the form of a few gentle strokes on her head (I didn't pick her up or speak to her at all).  Slept fine until about 5.30am... heard some noise, then again around 5.45am... then she was quiet until 6.05am and started to cry... went in and changed her with the intent to snuggle until her usual wake time of 6.30am.  She was restless though so I got her bottle at 6.20am - she guzzled it!  Maybe she was a bit hungrier than usual given that she skipped solids at dinner and only had a 4 oz bottle instead of her usual 4 ozs of food?  Maybe it's teeth?  Maybe a bit of OT?

If only I had a crystal ball!  We have had 4 days with daddy home in row (he goes back today) so we may be a little OS as well... I will keep her home of the day today and put down for 11.30am.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2011, 15:17:06 pm »
so wait she usually does a 5 hr A 6:30 wake 11:30 nap...so I should do 5 hrs from her wake up time today?!  7:45 wake 12:45 nap?  thought the idea was a set nap time and to put down no matter what time they are waking...now i'm confused lmao...if you can reply back right away i'd appreciate it cause i told my mom to do the usual nap time :/ though I wanted to push her a bit also though maybe keeping the same time would ensure the set nap and possibly sleep longer than usual since she is a bit more rested...but if I can and should push it then i will...
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2011, 15:43:39 pm »
sorry wanted to send my question asap so now i will reply to the rest of your message lol

it's probably a combo of all you said most likely...i agree with being hungry my lo will do that too sometimes when she doesn't eat much at dinner...good luck today...

right now its 11:42 and i told my mom to just give her lunch until i hear back from you lol...but if i don't i think i will stretch her but maybe not the FULL 5 hrs?  i really don't know...hoping to get your opinion to help me with the decision...i am just so afraid to make the wrong choice and screw up the progress we have made you know?
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2011, 17:26:39 pm »
Don't worry Melissa!  If today doesn't work out, there is always tomorrow :)

I would do exactly what you said, push her a little but maybe not all the way to 12:45pm... that could make BT really late!  I would maybe put down around noon-ish.

I think we are dealing with teething for sure... she is chewing like a mad woman on her toy spatula!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2011, 17:55:06 pm »
we did noonish but played for about 10 mins or so and fell asleep around 12:20...just woke at 1:50 so 1hr 30 mins? i guess it could have gone worse but was REALLY hoping for that 2+ hrs...oh well what can you do...it's only day 5 so maybe it will still come...

now to figure out BT...the range all week has been 6:45-7 stick with that or shoot for 7:30?   last night was out of my control and she was asleep around 7:10 but made for that awesome 7:45 am wake up!  :) so maybe 7:15 somewhere in the middle?  i dunno always afraid to push too much...

teething is the worst poor little girl...hope they cut soon
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2011, 18:41:50 pm »
Given that she only napped for 1 hr 30 min, I would shoot for 7-715pm.  Good luck!