Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44103 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2014, 15:39:46 pm »
It'll be cos she had such a good night! 5.45 sounds like a plan.
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2014, 16:56:31 pm »
I hope that's all it is. She dribbling like crazy and now has just refused tea and has only taken 3ozof her BT bottle! I have a sneaky suspicion the 1yr molars are on their way.. I had hoped we'd have cracked the 2-1 by the time they came in Grrr

Hope everyone has a good night xx

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2014, 00:13:48 am »
wish my LO would do early BT!  No. Way!  only 2 30 min naps today in the car due to events... last one ended at 1:30pm... tried to do EBT at 7 - cried and screamed till I picked him up and walked him around and then tried to put him down again and did the same... dad went in this time and picked him up and took him outside and walked around... then I took him and sang to him for some time... put him down and he sang himself to sleep... at... 8pm! 

With God all things are possible!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2014, 05:50:09 am »
Strong body clock that one Marcia! Did he have a good night?

O slept well again last night surprisingly. Heard her at 5.30am, but she's so quiet I'm unsure if she went back to sleep. I tried peering around the door at 6.15am and she was still for a moment then was just playing with her hands and bunny. So who knows?! We'll see what today brings!

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2014, 13:44:09 pm »
He slept like a log all night long! Amazing to me... but he has seemed to always be on the slightly lower side of sleep needs... I'm still sniffing for the OT creeping in but who knows...maybe I'm borrowing trouble!  Seems to be teething again... wish we could just have a week of hell and get them all over with at once!  Oh the joys to keep me on my toes! 

Hard for me to peek in at my LO, Kellyjs, as the room is dark... so I just listen for him and gauge things from there.

What kind of tea do you use?  Is it for teething discomfort?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2014, 14:33:45 pm »
Wow amazing! They do like to keep us on our toes! I keep trying to watch out for OT too...

I've got black out blinds and I can still see her in there! It's so light here in the mornings now and the sun comes up right outside her window.

5hrs 20mins A from get up today and a 2hr nap! Woo hoo! BT will be a much more reasonable after 4hrs 35mins A.

Ah the joys of the same language but different uses!  ;) Tea here is dinner! Rather a Northern English saying xx

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2014, 17:26:38 pm »
Ah... so, tea it is!  Thanks for cluing me into culture there!  Lovely!

Stretched my little guy to 12pm today... (up at 7am).  That way if he sleeps 1.5 hours or longer, BT will still be at least 8pm.  Almost 1.5 now and will see what happens...

You know, our LO's dont' read the stuff we do... I get so anxious about how he "lost" sleep and must make it up somehow but I can't confuse that with the fact that he's needing less and less sleep, so working on going with the flow more now that I know he can sleep well and has a good appetite etc... flexibility is the key around here right now...

Does anyone recommend letting LO sleep in to catch up or just keep consistant with WU times in the morning?  Just curious.

Hugs to all the mums and dads who are exhausted but determined to help their LO's out! 

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2014, 18:05:11 pm »
I've never been faced with that situation tbh! She's always woken up around the 6.15am mark so I just get her up around 6.30am. I suppose it's different with you as your LO won't do an EBT like mine will. Could try it and see? If his body clock is as strong as we think it is he might be ready for an 8pm BT on the same day? If not, the difficulty would be is that BT would be later and you'll end up shifting your days to 9-9!!

I might have cocked up BT today. Put her down right on 6.15pm and she's still playing around at 7pm.. Oh wait, it's just gone quiet! There's me thinking she wants a shorter A to bed and I just don't know now! OT, UT??  :-\

Offline babybarr

« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2014, 05:52:46 am »
I've always let mine sleep. But then I need my sleep too!

I'm completely lost amidst this nap stuff! No two days are really the same and neither are the nights!
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2014, 07:18:41 am »
I know the lost feeling Laura! It's really hard to gauge exactly what's going on isn't it?! Is anything happening developmentally for your boys? It's about this time lots goes on doesn't it? ((Hugs))

O woke up at 5.30am with a really yucky nappy. I'm thinking she did it at some point in the night but it didn't wake her as she was quiet as a mouse all night. I just feel so sorry for her if she did have a pooey nappy on for a long time yk? She's all red and sore as well so I know it was on for a while. I just feel so down about it. What if she did it before she fell asleep last night and that was why she didn't settle as quickly as usual on a one nap day?! She didn't cry while settling otherwise I'd have gone in, but doubt I would've checked her nappy as she's never pooed at that time. She'd have been in it for 11hrs!!  :'(

As a result she was back in bed at 8am. Guess we'll be having one of those 2 nap days with random nap times too today. With lots of cuddles to make sure she knows how sorry I am.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2014, 07:48:17 am »
She's all red and sore as well so I know it was on for a while. I just feel so down about it.
(((((hugs)))) We've all been there.  Frequently forget "nappy check" !!  So try not to be too hard on yourself.  Metanium nappy ointment is brilliant for sore bums, if you use that by tomorrow it'll be practically better.  It goes on like paste but really is excellent.  You can get it in most supermarkets.

I'll be doing two naps too today - yesterday we manage one nap which was 1hr 45mins and then they had about 20mins in the car after 2.5hrs a time... does this mean they're actually really tired??
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2014, 07:55:39 am »
Thanks Laura. It really helps. I've got some of that stuff but never had to use it before. I've put some on and will keep doing so until it clears up. Might try and give her some nappy free time later but that might end up a disaster!!

Yay on the longer nap!! But strange they fell asleep after a short A?! I know some babies are good at falling asleep in the car but there's absolutely no way O would have done that after 2.5hrs, especially after a good nap! How confusing... I'd doubt they'd regularly need the CN after a short A, but who knows?! That's completely stumped me! Are you going to yt the same today and see what happens?

Offline babybarr

« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2014, 08:00:03 am »
They woke too early today so it'll be two naps.  They do look shattered though...
LAURA xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2014, 09:18:22 am »
Same thing here today. O woke too early for a one nap day  ::). Have a feeling OT is setting in or it's teething. She only had a 10hr night last night and was an absolute nightmare this morning. Have just put her down now. Hoping she'll have a cat nap later fx.

How are you doing Marcia? And I haven't heard from gb18 for a while.. Are you still out there? Xx

Offline MissyD

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2014, 17:28:19 pm »
Hi there,

I just had a quick question to ask those going through the 2-1 transition now.  Did any of you attempt to go cold turkey with the transition and push your LO to 1 nap a day with early bedtimes? 

We've been in a 2-1 conundrum as of late and I'm absolutely confused when it comes to naps.  DS2 is a very happy baby (well, before the 2-1 that is) and part of me want so just bite the bullet and push him to 1 nap because our aftn catnap seems to really ruin BT for us and I can't seem to figure it out.

Any thoughts?  Would appreciate any advice :)